[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Does anyone know what might be causing this? I just loaded the most recent dev branch file yesterday and upon boot up I was getting this message in the VAB on most, but not all, of my already existing builds. No other mods have been loaded since I downloaded the last dev branch update.

Spoiler

c6KhQG7.jpg

G4wx1I9.jpg

And my current mod list.

Spoiler

WtLcoVI.jpg

Thanks! I appreciate the help.

8 minutes ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Does anyone know what might be causing this? I just loaded the most recent dev branch file yesterday and upon boot up I was getting this message in the VAB on most, but not all, of my already existing builds. No other mods have been loaded since I downloaded the last dev branch update.

Some mod was likely providing that module when you created those crafts and now you do not have that mod installed anymore. It should be unrelated to BDB.

A missing module is actually not a big deal, all you need to do is open the craft file and save it again and it should save it with the modules that are currently relevant for the parts present on the craft. It's only when actual parts themselves are missing that you really will have problems as most craft files with missing parts will refuse to load.

13 hours ago, Future Astronaut said:

What do you guys think about making a Wikipedia article about Bluedog Design Bureau? I think it's notable enough.  I am user StarshipSLS on Wikipedia.

I'm not sure it is, but if you wanna see how long the page goes before it's deleted go ahead haha.

24 minutes ago, Galileo chiu said:

how on earth did you get the starliner to fit on the delta iv

Starliner is 3.125. Delta IV is 3.125. Just naturally fits together. 

Edited by GoldForest

4 minutes ago, Pudgemountain said:

Nice to know I'm not the only one putting other spacecraft on BDB rockets. LOL I tend to slap a Fuji on a Titan II or IV.

Delta IV was actually one of the 4 rockets considered. Atlas V, Delta IV, Falcon 9 and Vulcan. It's just natural to me. Unlike Fuji with Titan lol.

4 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Delta IV was actually one of the 4 rockets considered. Atlas V, Delta IV, Falcon 9 and Vulcan. It's just natural to me. Unlike Fuji with Titan lol.

True lol but hey it works and my crew does not die lol.

On 5/17/2022 at 10:41 AM, Zorg said:

Delta IV wasn't just because I'm interested in it, it still fits in BDB because its the culmination of half a century of Thor/Delta rockets. "New Space" rockets do not fit with our theme.

Exactly my thought to. Atlas V and Delta IV have something in common with their predecessors: Their 2nd stages. When i look at the deltas it was not one but two times that the upper stage was the reason on which the name of the whole vehicle was based. At first they renamed the whole vehicle to get a destinction from the military roots and the second time they evolved the then actual upper stage of the delta III to be used with a new first stage. To me that´s basically the same thing done a second time and this goes okay with me. The same goes for the Atlas V and the Centaur. Atlas came to greatness by combining it with the Centaur-family so it´s such an essential part of the launcher-family that it´s more than just "okay" that they kept the Atlas-name when they made a completely new first stage tankage to make that thing fit for the then future times.

15 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'm not sure it is, but if you wanna see how long the page goes before it's deleted go ahead haha.

Oh i would be surprised if the article would be deleted.  In my eyes we got enough reliable sources to verify an article there and it wouldn´t be the first time that a game-mod get´s it´s own article there.

I would even like to support such a project. There are so many great KSP-Mods out there and the article written for KSP itself isn´t as detailed as it could be. This game has a history that just got into it´s second decade and BDB was there for more than two thirds of that time, the same goes for projects like mechjeb.

Edited by JoeSheridan

1 hour ago, bjornadri said:

hey all, i wanna point something out, not sure if you are aware but the proposed extention modules for the apollo block III+ and block IV don't have nodes for attaching them in the SLAM adapter.

Are you using the switch on the SLA for the support trusses? I think I decided against custom fitting the nodes in there so that it would be easier to use those SLAM variants for other stuff.

4 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Are you using the switch on the SLA for the support trusses? I think I decided against custom fitting the nodes in there so that it would be easier to use those SLAM variants for other stuff.

What about adding another node to the module itself?

On 5/16/2022 at 8:34 PM, Future Astronaut said:

In my opinion, this is the best mod ever! I have a suggestion:

There are many modern rockets (such as Firefly and New Glenn) that don't really have an up-to-date mod. Maybe the BDB team could look into these in the future?

Luciole covers Firefly, and is plenty up-to-date. Crewed 0.625 FTW!

Look about five hours before this post (just a few comments ago) and you'll see someone talking about launching Fuji on BDB rockets. Same modder.

He links Commonwealth Rocketry, but there's a craft file from either this next one or Luciole -  Dunno which - that has one of these launching on a Luciole rocket

French rockets. Great for a diverse space program

Science.
https://spacedock.info/mod/2163/Interkosmos
Scifi Science

This one is specifically designed and matched to the glorious Bluedog Design Bureau's Titan rockets, and can be seen on a Titan 34D in the screenshots. More proof that Well's mods are a great match for BDB, and, arguably, work better with BDB installed alongside!

Edited by shakuvendell
Missing Link

5 minutes ago, shakuvendell said:

This one is specifically designed and matched to the glorious Bluedog Design Bureau's Titan rockets, and can be seen on a Titan 34D in the screenshots. More proof that Well's mods are a great match for BDB, and, arguably, work better with BDB installed alongside!

Album this way.

A few questions based on observations... by the way, not a stranger to KSP (played since beta) but my old forum account died....

Playing in 1.12

1.  It looks like the Saturn part switch changes lengths but not fuel quantity.  Is this just my build, or is this a bug?

2.  While some fuels are supported, I have had to resort to editing configs (specifically oxidizer to Lqd Oxygen) to get things to play nice with heavy modding for more realistic play.  I suspect this is a Real Fuels issue....  Any chance that this is on a To Do list?

3.  Any designs in the road map for the historic Lunar Rover?  I find trying to shoehorn the weight of USI's amazing Packrat is shall we say too much volume and mass for the LEM.

I have appreciated all the work over the years.  This mod is one of the brightest gems in the community.

Couple of things:

The J-2S looks like it should have part switch, but in game, the part switch isn't working correctly.  This is with the BDB Upper stage thrust buff patch installed.

Spoiler

F5sYpAr.png

And the J-2 A2 hasn't been added to the upperstage thrust buff patch (yet?  I don't remember when the J-2 A2 was added).

This is with the latest Dev Build.

17 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

Couple of things:

The J-2S looks like it should have part switch, but in game, the part switch isn't working correctly.  This is with the BDB Upper stage thrust buff patch installed.

Is it in career/science mode? Did you unlock alternative engines for it in the tech tree?

17 minutes ago, MashAndBangers said:

Couple of things:

Hide contents

F5sYpAr.png

And the J-2 A2 hasn't been added to the upperstage thrust buff patch (yet?  I don't remember when the J-2 A2 was added).

This is with the latest Dev Build.

Just took a look, the J-2S's b9switch is supposed to be the J-2 A2, but I think since they added the J-2 A2 as a separate part, they disabled the Part Switch, but didn't remove it. Maybe they are planning to incorporate all the J-2s into one part via part switch but are having trouble? Only thing I can guess. 

59 minutes ago, RocketBoy1641 said:

A few questions based on observations... by the way, not a stranger to KSP (played since beta) but my old forum account died....

Playing in 1.12

1.  It looks like the Saturn part switch changes lengths but not fuel quantity.  Is this just my build, or is this a bug?

2.  While some fuels are supported, I have had to resort to editing configs (specifically oxidizer to Lqd Oxygen) to get things to play nice with heavy modding for more realistic play.  I suspect this is a Real Fuels issue....  Any chance that this is on a To Do list?

Real fuels unfortunately doesn’t support volume switching with a part (and believe me I’ve tried several ways to get it to work), which is why only the length changes when you use the part switches. The only way around this is to break the switches up into individual parts (which isn’t too hard, you can look at the redstone tank config in real fuels stock to see how this is done).

Edited by Jcking