[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 minutes ago, Alpha512 said:

Is it on Github already?

No, I'm not putting it on Github until it's working to my satisfaction. I've sent it to a couple people for testing and there's some pretty critical issues still.

On 7/4/2022 at 10:29 AM, Beccab said:

There ya go! "Direct flight study using Saturn C-5 for Apollo project", from february 1963 (6 months after the LOR decision, pics are inside the spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Also since I had some free time, here's its recreation in KSPOykjawt.png

wSc1SP1.pngsx54uFH.pngdMsfIJG.pngRnrnREt.pngoJYfwud.png1DMQgug.png

Nice, is that kitbashing or a specific mod's parts?

6 hours ago, Alpha512 said:

Is it on Github already?

Trust me; nobody wants this more than I do.  But when you poke a dev with a stick..."bad things"TM happen.

10 hours ago, RocketBoy1641 said:

Nice, is that kitbashing or a specific mod's parts?

Trust me; nobody wants this more than I do.  But when you poke a dev with a stick..."bad things"TM happen.

Totally was not intending to poke Cobalt with a stick, sorry if it looked so.

Was just checkin' whether i should update my build now (as i don't quite know hot to check it myself on Git, gotta admit)

3 hours ago, Alpha512 said:

Totally was not intending to poke Cobalt with a stick, sorry if it looked so.

Was just checkin' whether i should update my build now (as i don't quite know hot to check it myself on Git, gotta admit)

You're fine :) I just know the parts are buggy right now, and I didn't want a bunch of people running into/reporting the same issues that my testers have. Don't want to waste a bunch of people's time with something that won't work, y'know?

Of course, I just played Rimworld when I got home last night and didn't put any more time into this... oops...

3 hours ago, Alpha512 said:

(as i don't quite know hot to check it myself on Git, gotta admit)

You can keep an eye on commits by selecting the relevant branch and clicking Commits. The messages vary in how informative they are but should give you a general idea of whats being done. But anything important like new parts are generally announced here on the thread.

Been a while since I posted here, so here's my obligatory screenshot tax:

"We're flying a Kod-Damned Nuke!" ~Chuck Kerman, Kerballo-N

f4Dnm3x.png
Still haven't been able to build out a Sarnus V(N) yet though.

I'm one of Cobalt's testers for the LRV because of my experience kitbashing my own in the past, and he gave me permission to post a couple screenshots to enjoy while you all wait for the GitHub drop. I can confirm that the parts still need some work before they're released to the public:

ZYwDNKV.png

HJkcPbo.png

q7VM0pI.png

HnPRZSH.png

dZBHZS1.png

MBFnPRi.png

Kudos if you can identify the landing site.

Edited by pTrevTrevs

4 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Just in case anyone missed what Zorg did recently, it's in the first 5 seconds here:

Hide contents

Needs a little more work still and will try to do a bigger one for RS68/ delta IV as well :)

Is BDB not compatible with RealFuels-Stock? I've tried it and it shows the following errors on the loading screen:

4 errors related to GameData/RealFuels-Stock/BlueDog_DB/RF_BDB_Scout.cfg

10 errors related to GameData/RealFuels-Stock/BlueDog_DB/RF_BDB_Vega.cfg

EDIT: Its also showing a lot of errors related to B9 Part Switch.

Edited by DA299

1 hour ago, DA299 said:

Is BDB not compatible with RealFuels-Stock? I've tried it and it shows the following errors on the loading screen:

Real fuels configs for BDB are handled by RealFuels-Stock themselves, since the BDB development team do not use that mod we don't have the expertise or time to configure it. I don't know when RF-stock was last updated. You would need to report any issues on that side (maybe help them out with a pull request if you're up to it :) )

53 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

@GoldForest Very nice monstrosity you have there. I do wonder though, why not attach the boosters to the lowest part of the rocket, so that they're partially occluded below the wider cylinder, to minimize drag?

Boosters don't fit, and they hang off, plus the decoupler connection points hang off in space.  Just doesn't look good to me.  If I make the boosters shorter, I would have to add more, and they'd just end up on the S-II anyway.  There's also part clipping between the boosters and the Skylab solar array on the main body, even if I place the array between two boosters, the thrust vectoring fluid tanks clips. 

jTxMmsc.png

Although. I do like the shape...  Thanks for giving me my next project!

A8T6ybQ.png

Well, here we go. Soon this will launch.

8lzMm93.png

Edited by GoldForest

10 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

I'm one of Cobalt's testers for the LRV because of my experience kitbashing my own in the past, and he gave me permission to post a couple screenshots to enjoy while you all wait for the GitHub drop. I can confirm that the parts still need some work before they're released to the public:

ZYwDNKV.png

HJkcPbo.png

q7VM0pI.png

HnPRZSH.png

dZBHZS1.png

MBFnPRi.png

Kudos if you can identify the landing site.

Taurus-Littrow?

I just made a patch in BDB Extras to make it possible to for inflight CSM texture switching (mostly to enable switching to the toasty CM mid-flight). I haven’t tested it yet (currently away from a computer w/ KSP) so if there are any issues let me know

26 minutes ago, Invaderchaos said:

I just made a patch in BDB Extras to make it possible to for inflight CSM texture switching (mostly to enable switching to the toasty CM mid-flight). I haven’t tested it yet (currently away from a computer w/ KSP) so if there are any issues let me know

Appears, it works:
https://streamable.com/56mvnh

9 hours ago, DA299 said:

Zorg has already answered this but I thought I would throw this out as an opinion.  

IF you are only  building "real" rockets then something like realFuels (any) or RO are great.    However if you are going for "Lego-ability," which I am pretty certain BDB was built around, then you might be better off using BDB+Nertea's Cryotanks+ the Hypergolic BDB patch that is in the Extras (Shameless plug since I made it with significant help from Jso!)     You get Hydrolox, Methalox, AZ50/NTO and standard LFO.  Sure you are not using MMH+NTO or UDMH+WFNA but you are in the correct ballpark with these options.

The reason I lean this way is because that is what most Rockets are.  A series of interchangeable or semi-interchangeable parts.   (Looking at you Saturn A and B series...  Saturn Atlas Centaur go!)

In the end, you have to do what you want/need,.  Again, this is just my opinion as a player and Historian (and not a member of the BDB team!)