[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

8 hours ago, Zorg said:

To get this to work properly had to add throttle response to the RS68 so it will ramp up and down slower like the F1 now.

very nice! now that this is being tested, in the future do you think there would be a way to make the delta IV fuel tanks have that burnt look after the fireball?

34 minutes ago, dababykerman said:

very nice! now that this is being tested, in the future do you think there would be a way to make the delta IV fuel tanks have that burnt look after the fireball?

The fireball is a simple enough effect to do, made possible by a new particle esque shader in Waterfall that Nessus contributed. A burnt texture is another matter, I might consider it for extras but we dont have a custom plugin like Tundra that can fade that effect in. So if I do make such a thing it would strictly be for BDB extras as a B9 switch, maybe switchable in flight. 

Just now, Zorg said:

The fireball is a simple enough effect to do, made possible by a new particle esque shader in Waterfall that Nessus contributed. A burnt texture is another matter, I might consider it for extras but we dont have a custom plugin like Tundra that can fade that effect in. So if I do make such a thing it would strictly be for BDB extras as a B9 switch, maybe switchable in flight. 

oh alrighty, very cool!

17 hours ago, GoldForest said:

RvQkOL3.png

6IgLgv6.png

qmGT0Kr.png

mopTCTJ.png

THZqpvR.png

1FSLxIC.png

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

To those of you that voted some monstrosity I've concocted for my own amusement, congrats, you won! 

156 x 157 km orbit at 57.5 degree inclination. This had just enough fuel to reach orbit, with about a 30m/s 2 second burn left in the tanks

Woah.... We are gonna need more science stuff built for this.....

o7

Just built a massive Apollo-derived mission to Snarkiverse Dres (at 2.5x scale, about 10-20 days travel from Kerbin)

The mega rocket is in the spoiler, they're really really long images for a really really tall rocket.

Spoiler

O8F00h6.pngbCp7ftw.png

Yes that's two S-II stages, because the top S-IV is planned to be used for Dres return. The bottom S-IV is actually a methalox stage powered by 5 NFLV Iguanadons. The top one is run by 7 J2-A2s.

The mission plan is to launch to orbit, finishing with the hydrolox S-II. Then, after transfer, the CM with the S-IV will do transposition and docking to the LM. The S-IV will then capture, sending the LM off to land on Dres (and in a follow-up, Minmus). After returning from the surface, the LM will re-dock with the CM, and be used as extra living area (and snack storage) after the S-IV is spent transferring back to Kerbin. Then the CSM will capture at Kerbin and reenter.

Fun. Maybe I over-built this, but oh well it's fun building big

25 minutes ago, bigyihsuan said:

Just built a massive Apollo-derived mission to Snarkiverse Dres (at 2.5x scale, about 10-20 days travel from Kerbin)

The mega rocket is in the spoiler, they're really really long images for a really really tall rocket.

Hide contents

O8F00h6.pngbCp7ftw.png

Yes that's two S-II stages, because the top S-IV is planned to be used for Dres return. The bottom S-IV is actually a methalox stage powered by 5 NFLV Iguanadons. The top one is run by 7 J2-A2s.

The mission plan is to launch to orbit, finishing with the hydrolox S-II. Then, after transfer, the CM with the S-IV will do transposition and docking to the LM. The S-IV will then capture, sending the LM off to land on Dres (and in a follow-up, Minmus). After returning from the surface, the LM will re-dock with the CM, and be used as extra living area (and snack storage) after the S-IV is spent transferring back to Kerbin. Then the CSM will capture at Kerbin and reenter.

Fun. Maybe I over-built this, but oh well it's fun building big

I've always said If it fits; Send It!

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Short S-1C and S-II

z7wuDsH.png

White versions of most of the ETS Apollo variants... the AARDV Mk2 is on a separate texture sheet, sorry.

Go shorter! I want my Saturn V the height of a Delta, or better, Thor! I'm obviously joking, these look great! :P

White RCS and other stuff when? Other stuff being the Docking and EVA light. 

Edited by GoldForest

2ijoGcv.png

derFCzI.png

0J1rzWL.png

BqNlXXy.png

H0IO53i.png

"A monster! A monster! I've turned into a monster! A monster! A monster! And it keeps getting stronger!" - Imagine Dragons - Monster

But seriously, asparagus staging crossfuelled Saturn V... er... IV... this just feels... dirty. Well, it got a very nearly fully fuelled S-II and a fully fueled S-IV into a 327 x 329 km orbit at 0 degrees. 

I can think of several scenarios for this rocket:
Quick Mun base run.
Send a probe to catch up to voyager.
Put a big and heavy single launch station into LEO. 
Put a small and light single launch station into GEO or further. 
Possibly put something into a retrograde sun orbit... *Is now going to test that theory* BRB! Edit: Check, nope. Can't do it. Though I did get Mariner 10 down to about 620 million km from the sun, so I got close... ish... 

Edited by GoldForest

20 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

I just made a patch in BDB Extras to make it possible to for inflight CSM texture switching (mostly to enable switching to the toasty CM mid-flight). I haven’t tested it yet (currently away from a computer w/ KSP) so if there are any issues let me know

Oh Invader Thank you So much i was going to ask for this but i thought it was to much work

7 hours ago, GoldForest said:

2ijoGcv.png

derFCzI.png

0J1rzWL.png

BqNlXXy.png

H0IO53i.png

"A monster! A monster! I've turned into a monster! A monster! A monster! And it keeps getting stronger!" - Imagine Dragons - Monster

But seriously, asparagus staging crossfuelled Saturn V... er... IV... this just feels... dirty. Well, it got a very nearly fully fuelled S-II and a fully fueled S-IV into a 327 x 329 km orbit at 0 degrees. 

Quick Mun base run.
Possibly put something into a retrograde sun orbit... *Is now going to test that theory* BRB! Edit: Check, nope. Can't do it. Though I did get Mariner 10 down to about 620 million km from the sun, so I got close... ish... 

ive actually sent a probe to catch up to voyger in ksrss using a saturn V dervived rocket with 4 kick stages on top. a uprated centaur D, that one centaur tank with the touroid on the bottom a ICS two stages) and the probe on top, do smaller not larger.

8 hours ago, GoldForest said:

2ijoGcv.png

derFCzI.png

0J1rzWL.png

BqNlXXy.png

H0IO53i.png

Quick Mun base run.

Let's use it to send a Mercury Space Capsule to Pluto.

30 minutes ago, Pudgemountain said:

Let's use it to send a Mercury Space Capsule to Pluto.

that's gonna need some really dense snack packaging  (but i find the idea of sending the mercury program to mercury more funny personally)

Edited by TheLoneOne

9 minutes ago, TheLoneOne said:

that's gonna need some really dense snack packaging  (but i find the idea of sending the mercury program to mercury more funny personally)

Funny you say that because about 2 or 3 real months ago I was doing a test with the Kraken drive from Kraken science and one of them I did was send a Kerbal to Mercury with the Mercury Capsule.

This is the only screenshot I took.

20220604152327_1_by_pudgemountain_df8uf5m-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZjh1ZjVtLTA3OGRlNGM0LTZlOGUtNDIwOS1iYjJlLThlNTY2ZmNlNmU2Ni5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.b5HEwgXwq68-KQYW2OO5iacJJETiCmJMqXN8uVcGazg

2 hours ago, TheLoneOne said:

btw zorg unsure if you have seen this document but heres a study that was done on skylab reuse if your interested (has diagrams of new moduals added after the 25kw solar array is added) https://ntrs.nasa.gov/citations/19790011998

Thats a nice document, thanks! Theres some information I didn't have and definitely some diagrams at better resolution than I did before.

On 5/13/2022 at 7:15 AM, GoldForest said:

lz4lCZi.png

TpD5hpo.png

SonloXG.png

xCRP0XL.png

22t0yeq.png

Uhf8VG4.png

Whoo, this was a long mission. But it was good. Had a minor bump in the road with PRE that forced me to cheat the Shelter and Truck back on to the Mun, but otherwise no problems. Apollo 20 crew delivered the Shelter fine, stayed in orbit to ensure LM Truck delivery when good before departing back for Kerbin. Apollo 21 launched the same time Apollo 20 was coming back. 21 did some crater exploration, did some science, then returned safely to Kerbin. 

Would love to see the Craft files on these @GoldForest 

1 hour ago, septemberWaves said:

Those last two on the right are monumentally cursed. I never thought I'd see Titan/Delta versions of SRB-X. How well do these all perform?

Close to Alliant EELV.

16 hours ago, Xtra said:

Would love to see the Craft files on these @GoldForest 

They're not custom craft, you could easily build them yourself. Besides, that was two months ago, idk If I still have the craft files.