[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Had the same flipping bug, and yes its came from Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, after taking this out all works fine.

Do anyone know how to add an examption for the LRV parts to the KJR config ?

Edited by Viper2

As far as I know, KJR just doesn't play nice with robotics parts. I tried messing with KJR-Continued's included configuration file, but it didn't help.

For the most part auto-struts and rigid attachment work just as well, though they're not as convenient. Just auto-strut everything (outside of your moving parts) to the heaviest part and you should be good to go.

Ok I'm looking for Duna lander and mission suggestions, what do you guys have (made out of BDB parts)?

My current planned Duna mission is essentially the Boeing Integrated Manned Interplanetary Spacecraft, with a Duna/Mars Direct lander slapped on instead of the lander Boeing had.

14 minutes ago, bigyihsuan said:

Ok I'm looking for Duna lander and mission suggestions, what do you guys have (made out of BDB parts)?

My current planned Duna mission is essentially the Boeing Integrated Manned Interplanetary Spacecraft, with a Duna/Mars Direct lander slapped on instead of the lander Boeing had.

I made a lander for 2.5x Mars it was an Apollo Command Pod with a battery and RTG, a S-IV stage, a J-2 Aerospike and 4 Apollo LM legs.

It's not realistic and I had to launch it to Mars and launch a different rocket for the crew but worked for me but probably not what you want.

On 10/6/2015 at 8:31 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Update is here! Update adds a bunch of new antennas, remotetech compatibility, and fixes some science stuff.

WkJNhn7.png

0.02 (Antennas!)

-Added 'A' to the beginning of each antenna's name, to help with VAB organization.

-Added AN120 Omni Antenna - side folding version of the N100

-Added AKD2 Antenna - Extremely simple starting antenna. Short range, weighs almost nothing, has almost no power draw. 1Mm range.

-Added AA23 Antenna - Mid tech omni antenna. Nothing special, mostly looks cool/different. 2.5Mm range.

-Added AF23 Helical Antenna - Early tech communications antenna. Short but wide.

-Added AWPT Scimitar Antenna - Mid tech 'dish' antenna. 35Mm range, 120 degree arc.

-Added Remotetech definitions for original antennas:

-AN100 omni now has a 10Mm range. That size has to be good for something, nyeh?

-AA27-C omni now has a 7Mm range. Again, it's heavy.

-AM17 omni now has 2Mm range. Might buff to 2.5Mm same as communotron 16.

-Added functioning experiments to Sienno probe and N100 omni antenna.

Dang man, you are gonna kill my SDD.  I downloaded two days in a row when I gave in to get the white Mk3/4 stuff, then yesterday for the LRV which has been better than drugs...

Now I am gonna again to get the new goodies.... oh, of course I am talking dev branch.  You guys are amazing to crank stuff out like this.

On 9/30/2015 at 2:30 AM, FungusForge said:

Looks kinda interesting. If you can get a good picture of all the parts that'd be awesome.

(imgur)W07YX(/imgur)

Replace the parentheses () with brackets [] and it'll embed an album.

Home · friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki Wiki · GitHub

it doesn't give you part by part....but you can get a really  good feel.  If you like FASA, you will LOVE BDB.  If you like Tanares,  you will LOVE BDB.  If you even thought hey KSP might be cool; but lets get real parts... You will be addicted to this mod in a great way....Just like I am.

On other notes, spent the evening working with the LRV Dev build... so far enjoyable.  I ended the night with a full J+ Class build (meaning build for JNSQ with Kerbalism and then see how much you can squeeze in)...  I got it ready for Lunar Orbit insertion.  Tomorrow hope to have some time to get some screenshots of LRV in use.

11 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I have seen the WIP build guide and it is crisp I tell you.

Good to know. The cargo space in the LRV itself isn't intended for any of the parts - I put it in so people can use it to set up ALSEP stations that weren't directly next to the LM. The LRV bits should all be stuffed into the Q3 Cargo part that was added a few weeks ago, though iirc one or two need to go in the descent stage due to space limitations.

The RUD may be a mass or volume related.  I had seen your warning but took a chance anyway with two parts that should be Solar Wind Composition stick and the Color Reference stand.  I had it out a few times to the pad to check unpack and did not have any strange happenings.  *Still User be warned.... explosiveness may still occur.

18 minutes ago, RocketBoy1641 said:

Dang man, you are gonna kill my SDD.  I downloaded two days in a row when I gave in to get the white Mk3/4 stuff, then yesterday for the LRV which has been better than drugs...

Now I am gonna again to get the new goodies.... oh, of course I am talking dev branch.  You guys are amazing to crank stuff out like this.

it doesn't give you part by part....but you can get a really  good feel.  If you like FASA, you will LOVE BDB.  If you like Tanares,  you will LOVE BDB.  If you even thought hey KSP might be cool; but lets get real parts... You will be addicted to this mod in a great way....Just like I am.

On other notes, spent the evening working with the LRV Dev build... so far enjoyable.  I ended the night with a full J+ Class build (meaning build for JNSQ with Kerbalism and then see how much you can squeeze in)...  I got it ready for Lunar Orbit insertion.  Tomorrow hope to have some time to get some screenshots of LRV in use.

The RUD may be a mass or volume related.  I had seen your warning but took a chance anyway with two parts that should be Solar Wind Composition stick and the Color Reference stand.  I had it out a few times to the pad to check unpack and did not have any strange happenings.  *Still User be warned.... explosiveness may still occur.

you know that antena post was from 2015, right?

1 hour ago, RocketBoy1641 said:

please tell me this is a joke

8 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Your stuff is always so amazing. Do you have a place where you post images other than the BDB forums? I feel like I miss a lot of your stuff as I don’t check the forums as often as I should ;.;

Well, there's my mission report! 

I'm recreating the integrated program plan (with some changes) mission after mission, starting from 1974 and going forward. I'm working on the 11th mission now, set in 1977

23 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

Dude, it's the dev branch, nothing there is completely finished. You use it at your own risk. What did you expect?

I expect people to not be rude when I give honest feedback or ask a question. Lucky for me, other people provided actually helpful answers, and now Cobalt is well aware the function is missing.

It is, in fact, a dev version. in that you are correct. That means, if something is incorrect, the devs need to know. Hence, why I comment. From Cobalt's reaction, it's clear the functions should have been there, and something went wrong along the way.

22 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Did you also log this on Github? Or did two people realize the issue within 24 hours of each other haha

I can't believe I didn't add it the first time around, but YES it's supposed to have some sort of low-mid tier laboratory functionality. The LM variants are all in various states of unfinished - I got them all roughly in game and then the LRV took over my life since mid-May. They all need a bit more work before they're ready to release. I think there's still some silly message I wrote on the LM Truck platform...

Not me! Honestly, I do believe it was originally there. I seem to recall checking for it explicitly. Lots of "Labs" are actually, well... Not. Dunno why, but Salyut mods are the worst offenders. Raider Nick's Soviet Stations and Tantares both have this shortcoming. It's made me kind of wary about anything that says "Lab" on it.

Where it went I do not know, but it sounds like I just need to wait a few and update BDB again.

The craft is still in orbit at the intended location. Will it break from having lab functions dropped into one of it's parts mid-flight? Or should I bring the crew home while I wait?

Just now, shakuvendell said:

I expect people to not be rude when I give honest feedback or ask a question. Lucky for me, other people provided actually helpful answers, and now Cobalt is well aware the function is missing.

It is, in fact, a dev version. in that you are correct. That means, if something is incorrect, the devs need to know. Hence, why I comment. From Cobalt's reaction, it's clear the functions should have been there, and something went wrong along the way.

It can go either way so easily lol. Sometimes it's something I'm well aware of and it is a little tiring having to hear about it until I get around to it. But lots of times it genuinely is a complete oversight, so on the whole it's definitely better for everyone to follow the "see something, say something" rule, even if I'm a bit grouchy on occasion. :) There's been pretty obvious issues that have persisted for years because I didn't know and nobody mentioned it. 

Just now, shakuvendell said:

Not me! Honestly, I do believe it was originally there. I seem to recall checking for it explicitly. Lots of "Labs" are actually, well... Not. Dunno why, but Salyut mods are the worst offenders. Raider Nick's Soviet Stations and Tantares both have this shortcoming. It's made me kind of wary about anything that says "Lab" on it.

Where it went I do not know, but it sounds like I just need to wait a few and update BDB again.

The craft is still in orbit at the intended location. Will it break from having lab functions dropped into one of it's parts mid-flight? Or should I bring the crew home while I wait?

I'm almost certain I never added it, I barely got the lab in game before switching to the LRV project. Honestly, I think part of the issue is the "lab" functionality is abstracted poorly and only functions on the basis of a single part, rather than an entire station (or a module of a bigger one)... so if you have a modular station part set like Tantares', or even BDB's Gemini station bits, you wind up with only one part with the lab, despite the internal "compartment" theoretically being several parts long.

On that note, I copied the MOL's lab modules into the LM Lab file just now. I've not tested it but I don't think there will be any issues.

I don't think adding or removing modules like that would affect the craft in orbit. Usually what breaks crafts is if the model or nodes are adjusted.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

"see something, say something"

Okay!

1.  I think this may have been reported before, but the Hokulani MDA Multiple Docking Adapter does not have a 0.9375 option for the end cap.  And if you use the Hokulani MSA 1.875 Structural Adapter for it's 0.9375 Option, the docking port is shoved into the truss:

eH0Miv4.png

2.  And sticking with the Hokulani MDA, how about a blank spot on the second docking port area and a .9375 Radial Attachment Point so we can stick the bigger docking ports there?

hGtUOzp.png

3.  And I remember this was reported some pages ago:  We don't have a proper 1.5m to .9375 adapter for the Aardvarks.

noXl2F8.png

eWlA8it.png

"Noot Noot"

1 hour ago, MashAndBangers said:

Did you bring enough to share with the class?  :P

I think I'm going to do Mercury, LM, and the Apollo SM before I try to release this.

May end up in Bella_TU, may end up as a standalone, may even end up in normal BDB or the Extras.

Edited by ballisticfox0

16 hours ago, dababykerman said:

please tell me this is a joke

I will neither confirm, nor deny something that happens that late and when, on the next day I am seeing concussed.

6 hours ago, shakuvendell said:

Didn't mean to come across crosswise.  I have been watching that one since it hit the dev build and had seen where there had been mention that there were several texts that were (at the time) just placeholder.  I just know that by the time things hit main that these folks tend to get it polished.

Again, apollogies.

1 hour ago, ballisticfox0 said:

I think I'm going to do Mercury, LM, and the Apollo SM before I try to release this.

May end up in Bella_TU, may end up as a standalone, may even end up in normal BDB or the Extras.

Hopefully as a separate mod since Bella TU is super out of date and cause a lot of texture issues now

unless you plan to update it…

3 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Hopefully as a separate mod since Bella TU is super out of date and cause a lot of texture issues now

unless you plan to update it…

@Rodgerfixed it up quite a bit, I haven't noticed any texture issues so far, just make sure you clone the repo instead of downloading the release.

2 hours ago, RocketBoy1641 said:

Didn't mean to come across crosswise.  I have been watching that one since it hit the dev build and had seen where there had been mention that there were several texts that were (at the time) just placeholder.  I just know that by the time things hit main that these folks tend to get it polished.

Again, apollogies.

Apologies are rare on the web. When I do get them, I take them with much gratitude and cheer!

Also, as an aficionado of puns, I appreciate the "apollogies" on a mod currently developing Apollo related content. The well placed surplus "L" gave me a giggle!

In other words, it's all good!

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

On that note, I copied the MOL's lab modules into the LM Lab file just now. I've not tested it but I don't think there will be any issues.

Both are two-man (Two-Kerbal?) Stations, so that sounds like a good fix. Also sounds like I'm playing some KSP today. Someone's gotta test it! :D

Another question - How is Friznit getting those blueprint-style images for the Wiki when Kronal Vessel Viewer has been dead for a while?

Edited by shakuvendell
Added question

45 minutes ago, shakuvendell said:

Another question - How is Friznit getting those blueprint-style images for the Wiki when Kronal Vessel Viewer has been dead for a while?

Inquiring minds *DO* want to know.... how the heck does he get them that nice.  I guessed that he was just doing section by section in the VAB with a chromakey of some sort; but it would be interesting to know the 'behind the scenes...

52 minutes ago, shakuvendell said:

Apologies are rare on the web. When I do get them, I take them with much gratitude and cheer!

Also, as an aficionado of puns, I appreciate the "apollogies" on a mod currently developing Apollo related content. The well placed surplus "L" gave me a giggle!

In other words, it's all good!

I eat crow where I self serve it.  As for the double L, I gave in and posted from my phone.  I hate to do that because I am all thumbs.

Edited by RocketBoy1641