[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Ares-1X Using the LDC Titan tanks and adapters as major components of the Upper Stage Simulator!

Wo9UqF1.jpgg13raEQ.jpgmcZCx0P.jpg

The LDC parts never fail to impress me of their versatility! Among my favorite parts family's to use for kitbashy projects such as this!

3 hours ago, Socowez said:

Does anyone know which tech tree mod would be best suited for realistic-ish progression in BDB? (Not using RO)

Skyhawk Science System is built around BDB, and has you progress through the rockets in roughly chronological order.

It's a bit of a grind getting nodes unlocked, but it's definitely geared towards the playstyle with sending many interplanetary probes to get the science to run Mun missions.

9 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Just a quick little thing, I made a US style BDB flag. Felt the BDB flags was missing something like this. It’s on the GitHub but here’s also a png to give y’all an idea what it looks like:

US-13C.png 

Wow. I’ve been looking for any sort of illustration of a wide body Agena. I’ve got a decent amount of stuff on my plate right now but I might consider this for another time.

Love the Flag.

*FACEPALM*   I am sitting on some other Big Agena Documents. ***EDIT, they are from the same series of reports***   Drawings are post Ascent Agena , but I also have some information on the proposed (and immediately ignored for GOOD REASONS) Agena C that LSM/LMS proposed to the USAF in lieu of fixing Agena A and B (Hence the GOOD REASONS)  

Fat Agena was basically MORPHED/CANCELED into the Bus for the KH-9 Hexagon (it isn't a true 1.875KSPm Agena but it is a direct technological, engineering and continuity descendant.)

Edited by Pappystein

n81v8RL.png

xQfl4Ph.png

ZGswATu.png

You thought it was Centaur III, but tis I-

BhC63dj.png

Agena E / WB Agena D / Shuttle Agena / Agena 2000!!!!

QoZljUe.png

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

6, 700+ m/s delta V left in the tank, hot damn. Of course, this is without payload and only to a 100 km x 100 km 0 degree orbit. Still, that's impressive. Better yet, it's storable propellants, making this good for long missions with the need to course correct. 

Edit: Okay, but the TWR is abysmal. 0.14 with a 2,000+ second burn time... yeah, have fun with that guys. 

Edited by GoldForest

5 minutes ago, Reimu Hakurei said:

Why my LRV always "jumping and shaking"  after developing from LM ?

On a moon, or on kerbin? And when did you download the version of the mod you're using? If it's older than 2 days, try updating to newest dev version.

Did you attach all the other parts to the LRM base too? The extra weight form those parts can help.

It's basically because of a bug in Unity when the suspension is maxed out in either direction it can go crazy. Manually tweaking the spring strength can help, try setting it to 0.7 on each wheel if there's no other parts on the base of the rover. You want to make sure the main axle of the wheel is resting around the green line, and doesn't rest touching the red lines:

unknown.png

Is anyone having any issues with the AGENA Nosecone not decoupling/separating?

I think the issue is with the last part of this syntax, because the Decouple segment is "//" tagged out making it a comment and not a command.

PART
{
    name = bluedog_GATV_NoseCone
    module = Part
    author = CobaltWolf

MODEL
    {
        model = Bluedog_DB/Parts/Agena/bluedog_GATV_NoseCone
        position = 0.0, 0.0, -0.3
    }
    rescaleFactor = 1
    //node_attach = 0.113, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0

//CoMOffset = 0, 0, -0.25

NODE
    {
        name = Nose_Node
        transform = Nose_Node
        size = 0
        method = FIXED_JOINT
    }

//    fx_gasBurst_white = 0.0826454, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0.0, decouple
//    sound_vent_large = decouple
    TechRequired = generalRocketry
    entryCost = 800
    cost = 150
    category = Coupling
    subcategory = 0
    title = Belle-RNRD Nose Cone
    manufacturer = Bluedog Design Bureau
    description = Nose cone halves for the Belle Target Vehicle.
    real_title = Agena Target Vehicle Nose Cone
    real_manufacturer = Thiokol
    real_description =  Nose cone halves for the Agena Docking Target fairing.
    attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0
    mass = 0.01
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.2
    minimum_drag = 0.2
    angularDrag = 1
    crashTolerance = 8
    maxTemp = 2000 // = 3200
    stagingIcon = DECOUPLER_HOR
    stageOffset = 1
    childStageOffset = 1
    bulkheadProfiles = srf
    fuelCrossFeed = False

tags =  break decouple separat split stag gatv atda agena belle nose fairing cone

techtag = gatv

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleBdbSymmetricalPart
        transformNameA = Capped
        transformNameB = Uncapped
        toggleSideEventGUINameA = Capped
        toggleSideEventGUINameB = Uncapped
    }

//    MODULE
//    {
//        name = ModuleCargoBay
//        //DeployModuleIndex = 0
//        closedPosition = 0
//        lookupRadius = 0.75
//
//        // nodeOuterAftID = bottom
//        // nodeInnerAftID = top
//    }
//
//    MODULE
//    {
//        name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
//        moduleID = meshSwitchSide
//        switcherDescription = Side
//        switcherDescriptionPlural = Side
//        affectDragCubes = True
//        affectFARVoxels = True
//
//        SUBTYPE
//        {
//            name = Capped
//            transform = Capped
//        }
//        SUBTYPE
//        {
//            name = Uncapped
//            transform = Uncapped
//        }
//    }
//
//    MODULE
//    {
//        name = ModuleToggleCrossfeed
//        crossfeedStatus = false
//        toggleEditor = true
//        toggleFlight = true
//        techRequired = fuelSystems
//    }
//
//    MODULE
//    {
//        name = ModuleDecouple
//        isOmniDecoupler = false
//        ejectionForce = 50
//        explosiveNodeID = Nose_Node
//        explosiveDir = 0, 0, -1 // example
//    }

Just now, Xtra said:

I think the issue is with the last part of this syntax, because the Decouple segment is "//" tagged out making it a comment and not a command.

Looking at the history of the file on Github, this is the most recent commit: https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/commit/b66e8ba2ef07a77a00098c0554069d6ca5a78411

tl;dr, looks like those modules were commented out and the functions moved to the docking port itself. Were you trying to use them without the docking port?

13 minutes ago, Xtra said:

7 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Looking at the history of the file on Github, this is the most recent commit: https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/commit/b66e8ba2ef07a77a00098c0554069d6ca5a78411

tl;dr, looks like those modules were commented out and the functions moved to the docking port itself. Were you trying to use them without the docking port?

Even if assembled correctly, GATV nosecone is somewhat troublesome (Just like IRL, LOL). For best result, do not jettison it while under power - but only after achieving stable orbit.

@CobaltWolf  This is more of a Fairing then it is a Nose cone.  It is assembled in two pieces side by side... not really a place for a Docking port or anything like that.  As you can see from the picture below - The connection point is on the side of the docking port module.    BUT~!~~~~~!!!   I just tested it out and Yes... if I select the Docking module itself and tell it to undock... the parts fall away.  Just seemed odd since all other fairings of the type eject off to the side as part of the staging process.

I did already remove the Comment markers before testing just to see what options I get and it does give me the option to Stage it should I wish to now.  I will go back and comment out the cargo text as it now gives me an option to Open bay doors, but does nothing (since there are no bays!)

Thank you SO much for replying back so quickly... It's a bummer when you're trying to do a mission and something doesn't work then having to wait weeks to get an answer (No offense to ANYONE).  I just can't wait for KSP 2.... I'm currently running version 1.12.3 with 253 mods installed - 81,846 patches applied with only 1 warning and no errors!! YEAH  (took months to get that)  It takes 86.876s to load those!! LOL

18Ihn4r.jpg

1 minute ago, Xtra said:

Just seemed odd since all other fairings of the type eject off to the side as part of the staging process.

Ah, I can answer that one - the GATV fairing (you're right, it's really a fairing) was made before @Zorg joined and started making the fairing shells we use. In fact, I remember asking him if he thought we should convert it and he said no... ;)

Sounds like things are working now, albeit maybe not as expected?

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Ah, I can answer that one - the GATV fairing (you're right, it's really a fairing) was made before @Zorg joined and started making the fairing shells we use. In fact, I remember asking him if he thought we should convert it and he said no... ;)

Sounds like things are working now, albeit maybe not as expected?

Yeah I think we talked about that before the asymmetry option was added to deal with the tip. Its quite feasible to convert now but to be honest the Agena standard fairing is quite similar looks wise and quite a few people like recreating the angry alligator incident with th e GATV parts. Its probably better if we leave it as it is.

4 hours ago, Zorg said:

Yeah I think we talked about that before the asymmetry option was added to deal with the tip. Its quite feasible to convert now but to be honest the Agena standard fairing is quite similar looks wise and quite a few people like recreating the angry alligator incident with th e GATV parts. Its probably better if we leave it as it is.

Ha!  My current wallpaper on my Laptop was my Angry Alligator I snapped a year ago or so!

9 minutes ago, shakuvendell said:

I honestly expected at least one screenshot of a replica Apollo 11 today. I'm surprised.

I gotcha; it's still three minutes to midnight where I live:

nccoVPU.png

9aW6UtG.png

znOPDmj.png

Older screenshots of mine, but they check out.

Edited by pTrevTrevs

On 7/19/2022 at 2:45 PM, Zorg said:

Do you mean on existing craft already in flight? Or do you mean on newly launched parts? If the later case please give specifics on which parts are affected and a screenshot of the part action window of at least 1 example.

Inon DM tank