[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

49 minutes ago, Probird_23 said:

When do you expect for the next update to drop, and as well as which parts in the development branch are ready? I'm pretty excited for the new NERVA's!

No pressure though, and also will the parts in the dev branch break once it updates?

Since we're doing things in our free time and it varies for the different authors involved, we don't have a clear idea of when an update will be released until its very close to be being ready. Really can't say right now.

Unlike previous updates the majority of stuff in the next update will be all new so will not affect most existing craft.

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

I think that's for the Atlas ICBM. @CobaltWolf Care to clarify?

No idea what part y'all are talking about. I was thinking about SCORE the other day, just for historical purposes.

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

The question is WHICH SLS?   There are SO MANY SLSes because Acronyms be dumb and NASA re-uses names and Acronyms with great alacrity!   because the 1961-63 one YES IT DOES  well the Launcher portion... They Payload was the X-20 so if you combine Well's and IronKretan's X-20 into the mix you get THAT SLS :D

Yeah you can pretty much build 1960s SLS in BDB lol.

58 minutes ago, Probird_23 said:

When do you expect for the next update to drop, and as well as which parts in the development branch are ready? I'm pretty excited for the new NERVA's!

No pressure though, and also will the parts in the dev branch break once it updates?

I don't know, I need to do a final pass on the AES LM variants since those were left pretty unfinished. I know I'd like to get the stuff currently in dev released.

Haven't posted any updates for a while. But started work on the next major project which is the flagship Voyager Mars probe. This beast consists of a lander and a full fledged orbiter, and the mission calls for two of them to be dual manifested on Saturn V.

This is deceptively huge, the circular solar array is 3.75m plus diameter and the orbiter is powered by an LMDE. 4x C2 vernier engines are also used and are pending at the moment. Among the different Voyager designs the one being made is the TRW proposal from 1966.

Following the projects cancellation the name would be reused for the famous Voyager 1 & 2 missions later.

Screenshot_2022-08-12_at_20.20.04.png

Screenshot_2022-08-12_at_20.20.31.png

Screenshot_2022-08-12_at_21.04.33.png

Screenshot_2022-08-12_at_20.24.48.png

There were multiple lander proposals but the one I will be focussing on will be the 1965 era VPE-14 design by JPL

74517-4fc60919a553fdcbc61b71f6fc55cbfb.j

3 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Haven't posted any updates for a while. But started work on the next major project which is the flagship Voyager Mars probe. This beast consists of a lander and a full fledged orbiter, and the mission calls for two of them to be dual manifested on Saturn V.

This is deceptively huge, the circular solar array is 3.75m plus diameter and the orbiter is powered by an LMDE. 4x C2 vernier engines are also used and are pending at the moment. Among the different Voyager designs the one being made is the TRW proposal from 1966.

Following the projects cancellation the name would be reused for the famous Voyager 1 & 2 missions later.

Screenshot_2022-08-12_at_20.20.04.png

Screenshot_2022-08-12_at_20.20.31.png

Screenshot_2022-08-12_at_21.04.33.png

Screenshot_2022-08-12_at_20.24.48.png

There were multiple lander proposals but the one I will be focussing on will be the 1965 era VPE-14 design by JPL

74517-4fc60919a553fdcbc61b71f6fc55cbfb.j

Looks fantastic! Is the Orbital Experiments Capsule also possible for it?
unknown.png

3 minutes ago, Beccab said:

Looks fantastic! Is the Orbital Experiments Capsule also possible for it?
unknown.png

Oh where's that from? I was kind of drowning in the 90 plus PDFs cobalt had downloaded and pretty early on narrowed down exclusively on the 1966 TRW design documents. I can take a look at least.

Edit: On that note I do plan to make the growth options in this proposal including a bigger dish that folds underneath with a hole for the engine (!), and OGO based experiment booms.

unknown.png?width=1086&height=1042

Edited by Zorg

15 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Oh where's that from? I was kind of drowning in the 90 plus PDFs cobalt had downloaded and pretty early on narrowed down exclusively on the 1966 TRW design documents. I can take a look at least.

Right here, it's a smaller piggyback probe to be mounted on the chosen Voyager design. It considers GE's, Boeing's and TRW's and actually seems to prefer the last one, so even better

30 minutes ago, Zorg said:

On that note: to really understand the scale of this thing, one of the earliest Voyagers studied used as its bus the LM descent stage (the octagonal object in the middle) and it hasn't really gotten any smaller as time went on
unknown.png

Edited by Beccab

8 hours ago, darthvader15001 said:

Space launch system

Just for charities sake... there are MANY Space Launch systems... if you are talking about the CURRENT SLS then I would recommend naming it SLS(2020) or some such.  Because SLS(1961) is fully build-able and it was called Space Launch System!

2 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Just for charities sake... there are MANY Space Launch systems... if you are talking about the CURRENT SLS then I would recommend naming it SLS(2020) or some such.  Because SLS(1961) is fully build-able and it was called Space Launch System!

Were there more than those two?

Edited by Alpha512

3 hours ago, Pappystein said:

current would be the Senate Launch System then :D

5 hours ago, Pappystein said:

The Air force SLS from 1961 is Space Launching System, not Launch (thankfully, or else what little information on it online would have been buried).

6 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Current one that’ll go to the moon and Mars and stuff and was started 9 years ago and is still a WIP

New Thiokol C-1 Radiamic Engine which was meant to be a general velocity trimming and maneuvering engine. On Voyager Mars a set of 4 serves as a backup propulsion system. In case the LMDE failed it was still capable of inserting at Mars albeit in a much more elliptical orbit. Still it would ensure at least some useful science is done. 

Completed propulsion section. This pallet will be separate from the core and can be used on other craft of your choice. The inset hole for the main engine will be depth masked to allow this.

51 minutes ago, Zorg said:

New Thiokol C-1 Radiamic Engine which was meant to be a general velocity trimming and maneuvering engine. On Voyager Mars a set of 4 serves as a backup propulsion system. In case the LMDE failed it was still capable of inserting at Mars albeit in a much more elliptical orbit. Still it would ensure at least some useful science is done. 

Completed propulsion section. This pallet will be separate from the core and can be used on other craft of your choice. The inset hole for the main engine will be depth masked to allow this.

Man these are sick. Love the tiny engines. Would it ever be possible to get stand alone monoprop engines. There are tons in the mod but they are all connected to an integrated fuel tank or some jazz.

2 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Man these are sick. Love the tiny engines. Would it ever be possible to get stand alone monoprop engines. There are tons in the mod but they are all connected to an integrated fuel tank or some jazz.

There's R-4D configured as engine (i.e. it uses ModuleEnginesFX).

9 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

As mentioned above you have the ModuleEnginesFX version of the of the R4D. The C-1 will be LFO as it runs on the same propellants as the main engines.