[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 hours ago, Zorg said:

Available on the 1.11 dev branch now. Note the open top version is a SAF, and not an SLA. Its intended for peoples kitbashed First Lunar Outpost builds so the capsule is attached to the lander. Its up to you to adjust your spacecraft adapter etc which will be attached to the faring base to ensure the capsule lines up with the opening.

Actually, I just realized, what do you guys mean by SAF and SLA?

4 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

Actually, I just realized, what do you guys mean by SAF and SLA?

SAF = Simple Adjustable Fairings
It's a plugin that allows for the specifically textured and modelled farings in this mod.

From the OP:

Simple Adjustable Fairings - used for the new "hard" fairings included from BDB v1.7.0 onwards

And SLA = Spacecraft LM Adapter (yes that is an acronym inside an acronym)
Refers to the four jettisonable panels around the top of the S-IVB that enclose the LM and mount the Apollo spacecraft:

ad012.png

41 minutes ago, KeaKaka said:

SAF = Simple Adjustable Fairings
It's a plugin that allows for the specifically textured and modelled farings in this mod.

From the OP:

And SLA = Spacecraft LM Adapter (yes that is an acronym inside an acronym)
Refers to the four jettisonable panels around the top of the S-IVB that enclose the LM and mount the Apollo spacecraft:

ad012.png

Thanks. BTW what is the new part called, can't seem to find it?

4 hours ago, Zorg said:

Available on the 1.11 dev branch now. Note the open top version is a SAF, and not an SLA. Its intended for peoples kitbashed First Lunar Outpost builds so the capsule is attached to the lander. Its up to you to adjust your spacecraft adapter etc which will be attached to the faring base to ensure the capsule lines up with the opening.

Is there gonna be a Comet rocket in the future? lol.

Edited by Pudgemountain

1 hour ago, Hay said:

Could we also get a ring type fairing base for the 6.25m SLA fairing base? For S-II based WW space stations

Adding onto this, any chance you could add some greebles and windows and other stuff to the outside of the S-II wetlab, and maybe some more dedicated parts? It just feels a little barren at the moment, just like a huge featureless tank with solar panels and some docking stuff on one end.

7 hours ago, Hay said:

Could we also get a ring type fairing base for the 6.25m SLA fairing base? For S-II based WW space stations

I'll look into it.

6 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

Adding onto this, any chance you could add some greebles and windows and other stuff to the outside of the S-II wetlab, and maybe some more dedicated parts? It just feels a little barren at the moment, just like a huge featureless tank with solar panels and some docking stuff on one end.

No. The point of the S2 wetlab is that its literally an S2 tank. Adding random greebles to it (which I wouldnt want to do anyway) means making an all new part with an all new texture. 

7 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

Thanks. BTW what is the new part called, can't seem to find it?

The bigger fairings are new subtypes on the existing 6.25m fairing base.

And @thunder175and @Nemitis, there's an update for FAR now, which along with the first patch I posted fixes the chute deployment with FAR. The patch is included in BDB's dev branch now too.

Well fellas, my modding addiction finally led to me possibly corrupting my game, and in the process of making a clean install I accidentally perma-nuked my screenshots folder. Oh well, I took this opportunity to upgrade to KSRSS Reborn.

Allow me to treat you all to the first screenshots under the new status quo:

c7lXgNF.png

BMbMFTP.png

ABz1JL2.png

nUSc8dG.png

4 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Well fellas, my modding addiction finally led to me possibly corrupting my game, and in the process of making a clean install I accidentally perma-nuked my screenshots folder. Oh well, I took this opportunity to upgrade to KSRSS Reborn.

Ah that sucks. Let me guess, the folder was "Too big for the recycling bin, it will be permanently deleted now."

CNOLlSd.png

e58KQ90.png

3Mr69NS.png

3cwdAxA.png

4kTEvWb.png

ffvEVAC.png

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

So, at first, I thought my install was glitched, but turns out I was just launching during a Solar Eclipse. 

Also, no one guessed what rocket I was emulating with the LDC. It was the Ariane 5. 

And teasers!

Wy8aUDU.png

Y7w2Uy4.png

Yep, return on the side mounted S-IVB Shuttle!

Edited by GoldForest

32 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Don't think I've posted this here yet, but I can't believe I get to say we're getting another rover in BDB!

shelab+008.jpg

xMeMwl6.png

And a new hab as well apparently, looks neat! Also can the new rover be weaponized with M40 recoilless rifles or browning .30-cals?

Guys, don't look at me like that, I saw the other posts, y'all are thinking the same thing!

23 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

And a new hab as well apparently, looks neat! Also can the new rover be weaponized with M40 recoilless rifles or browning .30-cals?

Guys, don't look at me like that, I saw the other posts, y'all are thinking the same thing!

You probably can slap that new telescope from Voyager Mars, or Apollo solar telescope to it.

But yeah, I want an M40 too. Or even better, a TOW launcher.

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

At first it looked like a Willy Jeep from WW2 to me

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the basis or inspiration for that Rover. 

8 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

c7lXgNF.png

BMbMFTP.png

ABz1JL2.png

nUSc8dG.png

What TUFX profile did you use?

57 minutes ago, Pudgemountain said:

While Willys indeed designed the M274 Mule, it doesn't have much in common with Jeep. The former is a (sort of) flatbed chassis with driver seat and controls strapped to it. The latter is an actual car.

And yes, this was an actual study - https://web.archive.org/web/20100525033611/https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19730061716_1973061716.pdf

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

At first it looked like a Willy Jeep from WW2 to me.

59 minutes ago, Pudgemountain said:

1 minute ago, biohazard15 said:

While Willys indeed designed the M274 Mule, it doesn't have much in common with Jeep. The former is a (sort of) flatbed chassis with driver seat and controls strapped to it. The latter is an actual car.

And yes, this was an actual study - https://web.archive.org/web/20100525033611/https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19730061716_1973061716.pdf

Yeah I was wondering where that was coming from, it looks like some sort of little buggy but definitely not a Jeep specifically?

I don't know much about this rover (It's called the LTV in the doc) other than it was meant to go with the SheLab (the thingy in the third picture). I'm not sure if there's a good way to bring it in other configurations, there's nowhere for it to tuck itself on the LM Shelter, for example.