[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

49 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

These are awesome pictures! But why does your kerbonaut look so disappointed? Was she hoping for cheese?

Can't you see why she's sad?! She forgot the crackers!

Edited by Davi SDF
oh hell yeah, new page!

31 minutes ago, Davi SDF said:
1 hour ago, Blufor878 said:

These are awesome pictures! But why does your kerbonaut look so disappointed? Was she hoping for cheese?

She expected pistachio ice cream but KSRSS only has a Moon, no Minmus.

39 minutes ago, Davi SDF said:

6 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

She expected pistachio ice cream but KSRSS only has a Moon, no Minmus.

(In TF2 Soldier's voice)
"Dear God..."

5 hours ago, Donnie Azoff said:

Thank you Bluedog Design Bureau dev team! This mod is amazing!

Hope my obscene build doesn't make you regret your work :D I called it "A Shelter with Wheels". It's really stable.dAeJzpa.png

https://imgur.com/QDPiGVDQDPiGVD.png

I would like you to know that this was seriously considered (but saner heads prevailed and MOLAB went forward instead until that died).
Pages_from_Lunar_Surface_Mobility_System

Capture.PNG

S2 sized inline docking port for more orbital assembly stuff. On github now.

There is a also a new variant of the 6.25 to 3.75 (M-1) engine mount with a 1.25m plate that should look nicer when used with the NERVA II.

its worth adding that you should probably add the S1C low profile docking port between the port and the SII interstage (typically in the shortest length) so you can jettison it when you need to run the engine.

Loosely inspired by

Edited by Zorg

Whoo boy, pioneer took longer than expected... mostly because I was too busy watching Thunderbirds Are Go and other procrastination, but here we are. The Pioneer probes.

As always, full album with every image is here. Be forewarned, I went screenshot crazy... Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Pionner 1:

Spoiler

RVFUctJ.png

rUNfsUg.png

FeQiHNq.png

Pioneer 3/P-3

Spoiler

IlOoXbu.png

SStBcAo.png

J9K2ua4.png

Pioneer 4:

Spoiler

o7KhTKf.png

bjBrEwr.png

e6Ke4Nk.png

Pioneer 5:

Spoiler

jBBZ1zI.png

giQjY5l.png

bNNo2zR.png

Pioneer 6:

Spoiler

43gfmd0.png

pXXLd2R.png

nuSfgDY.png

Pioneer 10:

Spoiler

CCzcy0g.png

EdevrXP.png

rULegZk.png

Pioneer 10 Orbiter: (Use of a Titan IIIE was needed as Atlas doesn't have a fairing wide enough to allow for the triple RTG)

Spoiler

wynFWGr.png

kvs6T2a.png

I2msLSh.png

Pioneer 10 SUAE:

Spoiler

14JsUnt.png

fccgGDv.png

sMaCWm7.png

Eilrs4x.png

And that completes the Pioneer Family of Probes. Next up, Ranger. Might take a break from the probes for a bit, so expect somewhat of a delay on those pics.

10 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

My Nova rocket has a kerbalx file now! Also new pictures with filters and stuff.
52521349192_3d2731f5c2_o.png
52521348877_5821301b93_o.png
52522292270_a2ddf632bf_o.png
https://kerbalx.com/ManateeAerospace/C7-DI-761-Pad
https://kerbalx.com/ManateeAerospace/C7-DI-761

While I am decidedly *NOT* a huge fan of MSFC's  NOVA attempts... I can appreciate the work you (and prior to you GoldForest) have put into making those ugly rockets.    Thanks for expanding the game!

Also nice shots and good job getting those on KerbalX

PS so glad no one makes interstages to work to the CORRECT diameters!  Because this rocket is so much nicer to look at than a real Saturn C-8 / Nova C-8

Edited by Pappystein

10 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

While I am decidedly *NOT* a huge fan of MSFC's  NOVA attempts... I can appreciate the work you (and prior to you GoldForest) have put into making those ugly rockets.    Thanks for expanding the game!

Also nice shots and good job getting those on KerbalX

PS so glad no one makes interstages to work to the CORRECT diameters!  Because this rocket is so much nicer to look at than a real Saturn C-8 / Nova C-8

I think it's the first stage everyone has a problem with. In most cases it's short and fat. Doing this long boi first stage makes it look better, imo at least. 

Also, @Blufor878 why the fins on the skirt? You don't really need them. The C-8 has more than enough thrust vectoring. Also, you're just putting more drag on an already heavy drag skirt. 

Edited by GoldForest

3 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

I think it's the first stage everyone has a problem with. In most cases it's short and fat. Doing this long boi first stage makes it look better, imo at least. 

Also, @Blufor878 why the fins on the skirt? You don't really need them. The C-8 has more than enough thrust vectoring. Also, you're just putting more drag on an already heavy drag skirt. 

You are absolutely right. For some reason I thought the C8 did have fins. My bad.

3 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

You are absolutely right. For some reason I thought the C8 did have fins. My bad.

Probably because the C-8 Wikipedia page diagram shows them, but I prefer the finless skirt of the "Saturn Nova" in Google Images.

Edited by GoldForest

1 hour ago, septemberWaves said:

Is the "HLR-TRYP" probe core supposed to represent anything in particular? It seems like a bit of an anomaly compared to all the other probe cores which very clearly do represent specific spacecraft.

Not really, just something I wanted to make. There's some legacy parts in the mod that are just stockalike parts that popped into my head.

(also, lol, hi everyone. been busy)

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Not really, just something I wanted to make. There's some legacy parts in the mod that are just stockalike parts that popped into my head.

(also, lol, hi everyone. been busy)

Welcome back from the woods. 

Just some images taken on my newly upgraded desktop. Love ultrawide monitors. (The monitor isn't new. I'm just expressing my love for them. :P )

If anyone has any screenshot requests or suggestions, please do ask/tell. I'll see about doing them between breaks in my current mission to launch every probe in BDB.

3dYG7HM.png

42J3Vxw.jpg

HPTisoS.png

36i9DQD.png

Edited by GoldForest