[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 minutes ago, mazer924 said:

Am I doing something wrong or missing some parts? I watched an old video and inside LMA should be some structure, but here it's missing and as you can see, there are clipping issues.  Of course, I can move that part but I guess there is a correct way to do it.

https://postimg.cc/3dyXXjmJ

You are doing it wrong, yes. There's a hidden node inside the decent module engine area. You attach the decent module hidden node to the node in the adapter fairing, not the bottom of the decent engine to the adapter.

Also, might want to attach the legs one by one or take the one with the ladder off symmetry.

Edited by GoldForest

1 hour ago, TruthfulGnome said:

You could put Minuteman 3 on it...
 unknown.png?width=418&height=676

Holy crap, the feds beat me to it, at least conceptually.

Also which parts am I looking for? Can't seem to find them in the VAB. Unless these parts haven't been released yet?

In the meantime I created a J2-powered smallsat launcher. I named it Little Joe C. The C stands for a bunch of other things. It's the third letter in the alphabet. It can stand for cargo. The first stage uses cryogenic fuels and propulsion (thank you ORANGES!). It may even stand for the glory of Clan Wolverine-wait, no, sorry, wrong space genre. This space is for rockets, not giant robots. Though we do have robotic parts in the game...

Anyway. Pictures!
52556002660_abc5d96498_o.png
52556002745_efa9523a39_o.png
I couldn't get good launch pictures of it, but it also has an upper/kick stage in the fairing. In total it can lift over 1.7 tons to LKO. Also, I'm using conformal decals now!

Special thanks to @EStreetRockets and @Invaderchaos for ORANGES.

18 hours ago, Artyom said:

Hi, I cannot seem to integrate the Loops with the engines resulting in them overheating and exploding, though screenshots explicitly show being able to do so, either the mod isn't functioning after multiple varying installs or something else is missing. Additionally you stated "(systemheat will) become a BDB dependency but a soft one. Meaning you can remove it without adverse effects and things will work as before" but after adjusting this in the settings the engines continue to overheat and explode despite it's deactivation.

I've been tweaking this on and off for a while now, and I cannot get it to BDB to function without exploding engines either way. 
How do I solve this. 

Are you using any infinite fuel cheats? There is a patch in BDB that rebalances the thermals of engines but it doesnt like infinite fuel.

It could also be some other mod interfering. Please post a mod list (maybe a screenshot of your gamedata will do) and your modulemanager.configcache file. Please also let me know an example of an engine that is exploding so I can look up that engine specifically in your configcache.

You can also try to delete Gamedata\Bluedog_DB\Patches\Thermal\engines.cfg

Edited by Zorg

Is it normal for rockets to be awfully expensive? I did Apollo X mission (History of Spaceflight) yesterday and the reward was 100k, while the Saturn V with Apollo and LM costed me over 300k. Usually missions cover the cost of the rocket and leave a margin.

17 hours ago, GoldForest said:

You are doing it wrong, yes. There's a hidden node inside the decent module engine area. You attach the decent module hidden node to the node in the adapter fairing, not the bottom of the decent engine to the adapter.

Also, might want to attach the legs one by one or take the one with the ladder off symmetry.

Thanks

3 hours ago, mazer924 said:

Is it normal for rockets to be awfully expensive? I did Apollo X mission (History of Spaceflight) yesterday and the reward was 100k, while the Saturn V with Apollo and LM costed me over 300k. Usually missions cover the cost of the rocket and leave a margin.

Thanks

Yes it is atleast in my career. I tend to get money from Space Tourism with the Tourism Plus mod.

3 hours ago, mazer924 said:

46 minutes ago, Pudgemountain said:

Yes it is atleast in my career. I tend to get money from Space Tourism with the Tourism Plus mod.

The cost for parts is arbitrary (and tbqh sometimes completely overlooked) so I don't think we've ever looked into it too much. Maybe try boosting the funds return for career?

7 hours ago, mazer924 said:

Are you playing in a stock-scale solar system? If so, that may be the reason. Things which can do a certain mission in vanilla KSP are inherently going to be cheaper than the BDB equivalent (if one exists), because BDB is not balanced for a stock-scale solar system. BDB is balanced the same way stock parts are, but stock parts are overpowered for the stock solar system - that's why rockets designed for the stock solar system always have oversized payloads compared to the rocket. BDB is optimally played at about 2.7x stock scale (JNSQ or 2.7x KSRSS are good choices), which is about quarter of real scale.

If you are playing in a 2.7x scale solar system, such as the ones I mentioned, and rockets are still too expensive compared to an equivalent made of stock parts, then that may be indicative of necessary price rebalancing.

As for contract rewards, to be honest I don't think stock contracts have ever been particularly well balanced when playing with major mods. Increasing contract rewards by a factor of a little over the square root of the solar system scale you're playing at might help without being overkill, since the delta-v multiplier on a rescaled solar system is roughly the square root.

After the first Mun landing the first thing I grabbed with science was ALSEP and thankfully it did not lag where we landed.

Apollo 5 landed on the Polar lowlands of the Mun and unfortunately due to blaring Rock Me Amadeus which caused the crew not being able to hear Mission Control the last mission, the Kerbal States chose the name of the ships to be more patriotic and play patriotic tunes.....The ratings went way down because of it.

20221210131324_1_by_pudgemountain_dfk21l5-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmsyMWw1LWNjMDEwYzEyLTRiMjctNDMzZC04NTJhLWM2N2JjZTFlYmEyMC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.lcKS1t7o9BfSLF1CnqaprwrIfCBvh0crTyJ3DOH_XxM

20221210132006_1_by_pudgemountain_dfk21l0-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmsyMWwwLWMxMmY4Yjg0LWM2ZmMtNDFmYy1hMmRmLWY0M2JlYjNiNGMyYi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.Jj12jNexS5G9ttVDlEmOrlLapqEDYWkSsrCs5PssoZw

As for why Jeb is wearing a Koviet suit....Based on information from "Weather" Satellites and other sources the Koviet's Mun rocket has been blowing up so to taunt make them feel better Jeb put on a Koviet suit we "Borrowed" from that capsule that landed in our land.

20221210132306_1_by_pudgemountain_dfk21ku-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmsyMWt1LTY5ODAyNmY0LTMzYTYtNGRmMy1iNjZmLTcyNmJiOWE2ZDAzOS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.Ppi8Lo41QN1HqyDHGkiC-SRT9Hc3tEWdSdPk10XeWCI

20221210132816_1_by_pudgemountain_dfk21kn-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmsyMWtuLWM4NjQ1NGEyLTY5Y2MtNGNmZi04NzlhLWI4NWQwZjc4YzczMy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.q5dxt30BGIkP-_cmr9YdVd06Ic5CWwiLHIOadfToobo

In all honesty I just wanted to post ALSEP pictures here lol.

20 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

In the meantime I created a J2-powered smallsat launcher. I named it Little Joe C. The C stands for a bunch of other things. It's the third letter in the alphabet. It can stand for cargo. The first stage uses cryogenic fuels and propulsion (thank you ORANGES!). It may even stand for the glory of Clan Wolverine-wait, no, sorry, wrong space genre. This space is for rockets, not giant robots. Though we do have robotic parts in the game...

1. Your smol-sat launcher is awesome looking
  2. 331st SLDF RCT FTW! :D

ClanWolverine.jpg

M5gR5vt.jpg

Totally unrelated but I have been playing with TUFX settings... it turned out I liked this one...  Thought I wrote down the settings,  and then totally lost them :(

And yes that is a Saturn C-2M (monohull first stage) launching a S-IVC to my in orbit Tinker-toy to the Moon train :D

On 12/10/2022 at 5:17 PM, Blufor878 said:

I was wondering if you could make this with BDB! How much delta V does it have? I'm tempted to convert this into a chonky smallsat launcher.

With 7 Algol boosters: ~3194

Just tried to launch a baby centaur, didn't really work out. 

Edit: So, a 2-stage design doesn't work, but a 3-stage design does. 

Stagger fire is the best I feel. A 2-2-2-1 setup for the Algols. 

Here's some pictures of a test launch I did. It ended up in a 100 x 100 km 0 degree orbit

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

BiqeAgz.png

bDtZIs2.png

39ObfAS.png

7VPhZYS.png

V0L3OOr.png

Edited by GoldForest

From the same sick mind who gave you Orion on Atlas. I present to you my next victim.

unknown_2022.12.13-01.55_1.png

Just look at this innocent Souyz TM. Unfortunatelly it does not know whats coming next....

unknown_2022.12.13-02.01_1.png

It exists now deal with it. Delta V is extremely tight, but possible. 

Please give me suggestions on which vehicle I should stick this innocent soul next.

Maybe Titan II should do the trick… or saturn I

So many torture victims possibilities  so little vodka bottles left...

Edited by ra4nd0m

5 minutes ago, ra4nd0m said:

Please give me suggestions on which vehicle I should stick this innocent soul next.

Weren't there some concepts to launch Soyuz on American launch vehicles during the early planning of the ISS?

Just now, Kerb24 said:

Weren't there some concepts to launch Soyuz on American launch vehicles during the early planning of the ISS?

It should have been deployed from the space shuttle cargo bay not like THIS.

On 12/11/2022 at 7:06 AM, ballisticfox0 said:

screenshot54_01.pngscreenshot52_01.png

Those Apollo TU configs... 

Yummy.

Gimme gimme

2 hours ago, ra4nd0m said:

From the same sick mind who gave you Orion on Atlas. I present to you my next victim.

unknown_2022.12.13-01.55_1.png

Just look at this innocent Souyz TM. Unfortunatelly it does not know whats coming next....

unknown_2022.12.13-02.01_1.png

First off, I'm so proud.

Second, GET OFF MY LAWN BOY!!!

17 hours ago, GoldForest said:

With 7 Algol boosters: ~3194

Just tried to launch a baby centaur, didn't really work out. 

Edit: So, a 2-stage design doesn't work, but a 3-stage design does. 

Stagger fire is the best I feel. A 2-2-2-1 setup for the Algols. 

Here's some pictures of a test launch I did. It ended up in a 100 x 100 km 0 degree orbit

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

BiqeAgz.png

bDtZIs2.png

39ObfAS.png

7VPhZYS.png

V0L3OOr.png

I can't seem to place these components. What should I type in the VAB search bar?