[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

qsKyR9J.png

A little sneak peek at what I've cooked up. 

I already did a test launch. Pictures will come after another launch tomorrow. 

This sucker put a 2 ton payload AND the Delta K into a 100 x 100 km 0 degree orbit.... with just the boosters and core stage. Not only that, but it also still had like ~400 to ~600 m/s DeltaV still in the tank!

4 hours ago, Adventures said:

Anyone else having the issue of the gold and silver plating on the LM looking very dark? or is it just me? Any mods or TUI configs that could have caused this?

Sounds like you have the reflection refresh mode setting turned off, set it to "low" or higher.

189592719-253d5cdc-fe2e-412f-a539-e32bf1

Here's the Delta II-WB (Wide Body. Aka Fat-ta... Del-fat-ta? )

Anyway, like I said in a previous post, this puppy can get the Delta K upper stage AND its payload of 2 tons into a 100 x 100 km equatorial orbit with just boosters and core stage. The core stage had 612 m/s of Delta V left.

Using the remaining Delta V in the core and the fully fueled Delta K upper stage, I was able to put the 2-ton payload into a ~8,642 km x ~8,593 km equatorial orbit. 

Delta II-WB has:

10 ground lift GEM-46s
4 air lit GEM-46s
A 2.5m body with 2 RS-27As
And a Delta K upper stage

The ground lit GEM-46s are separated in 2 stages. First stage detaches 4, then after they clear, the remaining 6 detach. 

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

NPn7UEk.png

SdxzxAW.png

vi65rN5.png

Korolev, eat your heart out! Delta Cross baby!

cR0Lr0e.png

32cfeNI.png

And a sneak peek at the next launch. Delta II-WB-B

lacZ75M.png

Edited by GoldForest

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Anyway, like I said in a previous post, this puppy can get the Delta K upper stage AND its payload of 2 tons into a 100 x 100 km equatorial orbit with just boosters and core stage. The core stage had 612 m/s of Delta V left.

Using the remaining Delta V in the core and the fully fueled Delta K upper stage, I was able to put the 2-ton payload into a ~8,642 km x ~8,593 km equatorial orbit. 

Delta II-WB has:

10 ground lift GEM-46s
4 air lit GEM-46s

The ground lit GEM-46s are separated in 2 stages. First stage detaches 4, then after they clear, the remaining 6 detach. 

NPn7UEk.png

SdxzxAW.png

vi65rN5.png

cR0Lr0e.png

32cfeNI.png

lacZ75M.png

An interesting rocket idea... one that could have been easily built IRL (assuming tooling for large ~4m tanks was available )

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

An interesting rocket idea... one that could have been easily built IRL (assuming tooling for large ~4m tanks was available )

I'm sure the SRB placement would have been better than mine. Just hanging off the main wall of the tank, not supported by the engine well. :D

Took a hiatus from KSP, now I'm back and trying new stuff.

Quiestion: how do I launch a single Voyager Mars?

- Generic 4.25m fairing doesn't work well with VM truss.

- Wide SLA could work, but there is no closed panels that can accomodate VM (wide panels lack closed variant)

- DPAF base has no fairing and no good upper node to attach it. Using offset with fairings is definitely not something I want to try.

- DPAF fairing (upper half) has no good lower node to use it as a standalone fairing base. 

- Using full DPAF is an answer, but that's a dead weight, which is bad.

Or maybe I'm missing something, and one of Saturn fairing bases now has a switch for VM?

4 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Delta II-WB has:

10 ground lift GEM-46s
4 air lit GEM-46s

NPn7UEk.png

SdxzxAW.png

vi65rN5.png

cR0Lr0e.png

32cfeNI.png

lacZ75M.png

Cursed but seems like just a canceled concept.

Little Joe II: yay, no more replicas, we have the real thing now! And it's so fun!

Small QoL request: a notch (or red triangle, or whatever) on both boosters and body, to indicate correct placement for canted variants. Right now we have to rely onto good old Eyeball Mk 1. Something like this:

baTMPNv.png 

Also, symmetry is kinda broken for its nodes - for example, when I try to place fins in 4x, it reverts to 2x.

Edited by biohazard15

What could be the payload on this Redstone?

20221223131602_1_by_pudgemountain_dfkyg64-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzA0IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmt5ZzY0LTM5MjJlOTA2LWIzYzAtNDFlMS05ZGQ2LTQ1YzhhNmZiOTdhMC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.jocd9zpBK1Pklt0zlUH0okpuQfvEBAx4cCIIeFZ0mSg

Look up in the sky its a bird, its a plane?

20221223131812_1_by_pudgemountain_dfkyg60-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmt5ZzYwLTA2Yjk3OWM4LTdmOTAtNDcxMy04NDUzLWFjYTcyMWYwYTlhOC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.mC-LLak6uNDeq3JHQWRXlcbCEK_1vPtWdXd2UlQTQtg

No its a....tree?

20221223133131_1_by_pudgemountain_dfkyg5u-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmt5ZzV1LWI2NzlkZDYyLTcwODEtNDg3ZC1hN2QzLWE4YzFhZDQ5MDBiMy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.4xG7uBFMu6CC2bluQu_-qkKpbU_L1Bh3xPLG8IuZVrc

20221223133155_1_by_pudgemountain_dfkyg5k-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmt5ZzVrLWZhNDNjNGMwLWJjM2UtNDMzMC1hNWM0LTBhMTIzNWJmZGU2Mi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.9MeMSYeSf0vrLCSW6BAhrulcHGGrVOJaZlY-UBCpvqA

20221223133117_1_by_pudgemountain_dfkyg5x-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmt5ZzV4LWU3NjdiNWY3LTI3ZmItNDk2NS1hMmRiLTdkOTNhMDYxZTg5Yi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.bdiS2Ez80KlRiakx6g__VESIwsK1pVrBvtVMhkebzkg

20221223133238_1_by_pudgemountain_dfkyg5g-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmt5ZzVnLWEyZGJjY2VjLWQ2ZDctNGIwMy1iMDQxLTE3MzJiMGMwZjk3Mi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.jhshEXMP-swqTXMoIJOB4Qc4Iew2fpcb1oXfYOdNe7o

20221223133251_1_by_pudgemountain_dfkyg5a-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmt5ZzVhLTMwMDQ2NjI5LTYxMmYtNGY0OS05NmExLTc4N2M0MDBmOTZjYi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.pvTiBEQCHxU4W-_-cz-DvP0ZOSK8JEyo-rbID8ZaR8k

These things are always a fire hazard.

20221223133544_1_by_pudgemountain_dfkyg55-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmt5ZzU1LTBhZjUwODg4LWZkYTMtNDBhNC05NmZmLTZlNDQ3OTI0MmUzZS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.QWuzwR7nuu3HjyFMry5lOVigHcf_PNCw7-0GanDYY7Y

20221223133859_1_by_pudgemountain_dfkyg4z-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmt5ZzR6LTEyZTMzNGNlLTUzNzMtNGY2YS1hYTI2LTQ1ZTc0YWFiNzcyYS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.hX4ZIInZ1P8fcfTfCp5clyuWkZSl2zFN7ukmlHzW2FY

Don't ask how it survived.

Technical notes: I found a XMAS mod was released on Spacedock and when I saw the tree I wanted to send it into space and I found out its roughly the size of a Mercury Capsule so the BDB Mercury heatshield and Redstone rocket fits perfectly as for the tree topper we could not use a Star or Angel so a leftover Gemini chute had to be used as the topper lol.

Very nice. What is the function of the solid rocket motor in the Surveyor mission profile? Just estimating by the volume of landing engine fuel, I assume it's for initial lunar deceleration from a transfer trajectory to either low lunar orbit or directly to a landing trajectory, but I'm curious if that's correct.

2 hours ago, septemberWaves said:

I assume it's for initial lunar deceleration from a transfer trajectory to either low lunar orbit or directly to a landing trajectory, but I'm curious if that's correct.

It was launched to impact trajectory. SRM decelerated it to about 100 m\s several minutes before impact (then it was jettisoned, and final deceleration was provided by verniers)

12 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Wasn't able to finish it in time for the holiday, but enjoy this preview:

uQSYFOF.png
Mvc3n4H.png

Excellent work as always. I have been using the Coatl version for some time and it is an excellent render, but I am looking forward to adding this version to my VAB.

I would like to take the opportunity to pass on my sincerest thanks and appreciation to all of the Bluedog dev team: @CobaltWolf, @Jso, @Zorg, @Invaderchaos, @Rodger, and @akron, with special mention to @Friznitand his excellent Wiki. I am probably one of the older KSP players, having watched Neil and Buzz walk on the moon when I was a wee lad. I became fascinated with space travel at that moment, and KSP/BDB allows me to tickle that fascination whenever I choose. The attention to detail in this mod is over the top, and the dev team's dedication to getting it right and the willingness to respond to player requests is commendable in the extreme. I am always stunned at the BDB team's eagerness to spend so much time perfecting a product that they do not get paid for, working long hours simply for the fun of it. Believe me when I say that it is greatly appreciated.

It is a bit bittersweet to realize that development of BDB1 is rapidly coming to an end, but there is an anticipation of very cool things to come with the looming introduction of KSP2. I look forward to what President Kennedy referred to as "setting sail on this new sea", and spending (my wife would say wasting :)) many hours exploring the new BDB mod when it comes.

Once again, my sincerest gratitude to the entire dev team and all the users of this forum. Wishing you all the very best holiday season and a great new year!

Decided to visit the North Pole.....on Minmus.

20221224130202_1_by_pudgemountain_dfl17bv-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWNlZDA4NmItYTUwYy00YjFkLWJmZmItYmRhOWYxOTgyNzVmXC9kZmwxN2J2LTIyOTczYTE2LTY5MDctNGVlMi05YjNlLWE0M2EwOTZlNzVjOC5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.8MUhwS_BFZBbUS-HvcNSjbcSfB-dY7s1UUK-Bsfumd4

No LRV because of the rocky terrain and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have Breaking Ground and a engineer but there is no option to put the LRV parts on it only in the chassis storage, what do I need to do to fully assemble the LRV?

8 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Excellent work as always. I have been using the Coatl version for some time and it is an excellent render, but I am looking forward to adding this version to my VAB.

I would like to take the opportunity to pass on my sincerest thanks and appreciation to all of the Bluedog dev team: @CobaltWolf, @Jso, @Zorg, @Invaderchaos, @Rodger, and @akron, with special mention to @Friznitand his excellent Wiki. I am probably one of the older KSP players, having watched Neil and Buzz walk on the moon when I was a wee lad. I became fascinated with space travel at that moment, and KSP/BDB allows me to tickle that fascination whenever I choose. The attention to detail in this mod is over the top, and the dev team's dedication to getting it right and the willingness to respond to player requests is commendable in the extreme. I am always stunned at the BDB team's eagerness to spend so much time perfecting a product that they do not get paid for, working long hours simply for the fun of it. Believe me when I say that it is greatly appreciated.

It is a bit bittersweet to realize that development of BDB1 is rapidly coming to an end, but there is an anticipation of very cool things to come with the looming introduction of KSP2. I look forward to what President Kennedy referred to as "setting sail on this new sea", and spending (my wife would say wasting :)) many hours exploring the new BDB mod when it comes.

Once again, my sincerest gratitude to the entire dev team and all the users of this forum. Wishing you all the very best holiday season and a great new year!

First, I agree 100%. Also, this made me realize that guys from the Apollo era have been upvoting my nonsense. I feel both flattered and unworthy.

Delta II Widebody-B

Upgrades from the Widebody-A:

Uses a new DCSS stage as its upper stage.
Has Castor Bs to help get it off the ground.

Test payload: 5 tons
Final orbit: 
-AP: ~4,168 Km
-PE: ~4,133 Km
-Inclination: 0 degrees (Equatorial)

Ac5IznQ.png

upjVb4Z.png

pgcGgmo.png

Oops, um... released the SRBs a little too early and had a RUD. Oh well. In the words of Shadowzone... "AGAIN!"

3lqFGR0.png

NEQD5Rb.png

13 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Delta II Widebody-B

When I was a kid I strapped together crayons of different diamenters before showing it to mom and telling her that I made a rocket. 

Unfortuantelly my crayon-rocket-scientist career came to a complete stop after amazing aerodynamics of my latest creation crashed into the chandelier and made it crash right onto my head.

But the dream lived on.

Thank you for honoring my childhood memories with this abomination.

Burn it with fusion fire.