[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

7 hours ago, MashAndBangers said:

Super Station Mockup:

pP5PFSY.png

Let's see, I see:
MOL
A ETS Spacelab inspired EOSS
ISS lab with Solar Truss
What I assume is a MIR 2 Core Module inspired module? 
More ISS.

Nice kitbash you got there, sir/madam. 

Also, how did you get white ISS modules? Or is that just the sunlight shining off the parts?

Also also, I don't recognize some of those Truss segements, like the truss peice between the S/P 1's and the P/S 3's

Edit: Just checked Habtech and saw Benjee has been busy. 

Edited by GoldForest

7 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Also, how did you get white ISS modules? Or is that just the sunlight shining off the parts?

I could be wrong (I'm assuming you're talking about the module behind and to the right of the Z1 Truss), but it looks like either a part from KNES (one of the space station parts or maybe the logistics module of the ATV) or a Logistics Module for life support (which I think comes with TAC). Again, just a guess from looking at it.

EDIT: Also, I don't know which partspack it's from, but that's a supermodule between the Truss and the final ISS bit.

Edited by Queen Ultima

7 minutes ago, Queen Ultima said:

I could be wrong (I'm assuming you're talking about the module behind and to the right of the Z1 Truss), but it looks like either a part from KNES (one of the space station parts or maybe the logistics module of the ATV) or a Logistics Module for life support (which I think comes with TAC). Again, just a guess from looking at it.

EDIT: Also, I don't know which partspack it's from, but that's a supermodule between the Truss and the final ISS bit.

I already figured it out, but thanks. 

The white paint was added to Habtech2 by Benjee over the last 2 months. He also updated the entire Truss segments to look more like the IRL truss. 

As for the giant module, I found that out too:

Surveyor 1 on the Moon! 

XqirCzq.png

It flies quite well. It is a little different from the Coatl version, and I found that to land safely I had to burn the verniers at full thrust at the same time as the solid motor, at about 70k on KSRSS. On Coatl I could light the solid first then the verniers after separation, but doing that with this model does not slow it down fast enough.  These verniers really sip the fuel, so you have plenty of gas to land even when they are used in conjunction with the solid. I set it down with about 15% fuel remaining. If I recall correctly burning the verniers and the solid at the same time was the actual procedure used to land the Surveyors.

@akron, thank you for all the great missions with your version! I still use a lot of the Coatl parts!

25 minutes ago, munman19 said:

Are the Saturn V fins supposed to be gray and just say A, B, C, and D on them?

Just now, septemberWaves said:

Yes, they are. If you look up photographs of the first stage, you'll see that the fins are like that.

Well... what kind of gray? Like, no texture file gray?

2 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

I say old man, jolly good show with the Commonwealth rocket! (Using my best British accent) :lol:

That would be an English accent. There is no such thing as a British accent, as Britain includes Scotland and Wales, whose diaspora both have their own unique accents.

3 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

That would be an English accent. There is no such thing as a British accent, as Britain includes Scotland and Wales, whose diaspora both have their own unique accents.

"British" as an accent doesn't include Wales (Welsh accent) or Scotland (Scottish accent). And it helps people instantly recognize the difference between the British English and American English. I know people say "American" accent, but you could use "English" to describe an American accent which always confused me. 

Edited by GoldForest

4 hours ago, Entr8899 said:

53 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

"British" as an accent doesn't include Wales (Welsh accent) or Scotland (Scottish accent). And it helps people instantly recognize the difference between the British English and American English. I know people say "American" accent, but you could use "English" to describe an American accent which always confused me. 

Guys, guys, forget about the nuances of accents in the english speaking world.

It's SSTO time.
52683856978_547647deef_o.png

And if y'all think it looks familiar, there's a good reason for that.

I did get rid of the fairing, but the idea is the same. Special thanks to @Angel-125 for updating the MK-33 mod and adding an awesome new aerospike engine.

Edited by Blufor878

2 hours ago, TaintedLion said:

Does the Delta-IV feel extremely underpowered for anyone else? I'm struggling to get a TWR above 1.0 for the Delta-IVM even with an RS-68A. And even with the upper stage thrust buff patch the RL-10B2 struggles with TWR.

Seems to me you're doing something very, very wrong. If anything, Delta IV is not underpowered, but overpowered - and not just for stock, but also for JNSQ-sized rescales. Are you, by any chance, use a mod that alters engine thrust, or something like that?

WRT DCSS TWR (wow, what a string of acronyms): it's supposed to be that way. Real DCSS is also slow.

It almost sounds like gravity is stronger in your game relative to the engines.  Having engines mismatched with a mod that changes planets, like Kopernicus based mods do, could cause such a mismatch.  Or a glitch in your install if your are running RSS or similar.  Obviously I don't know this would be the cause, just spitballing

4 minutes ago, darthgently said:

It almost sounds like gravity is stronger in your game relative to the engines.  Having engines mismatched with a mod that changes planets, like Kopernicus based mods do, could cause such a mismatch.  Or a glitch in your install if your are running RSS or similar.  Obviously I don't know this would be the cause, just spitballing

A badly configured Sigma Dimensions, maybe? It's been a while since I've used it, but I do remember that you may accidentally change not just atmosphere height, but also density - which would lead to aforementioned problems.

1 hour ago, darthgently said:

I'm running KSRSS, all the other engines seem to run fine. It's just the Delta IV that's not working well.

59 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

A badly configured Sigma Dimensions, maybe? 

I don't have that.