[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

30 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Weird to think that this will be the last set of parts for BDB1

...or not, I don't know, depends on how modding for KSP2 shakes out this year...

Yn5LXOS.png
4lLIfjn.png

2 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

What... is this?

Just now, Blufor878 said:

I'm gonna sound dumb, but what am I looking at here? It looks neat.

ANTARES?!

35 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

...or not, I don't know, depends on how modding for KSP2 shakes out this year...

Yn5LXOS.png
4lLIfjn.png

Minotaur 1. It is a Minuteman ICBM space launch vehicle derivative.

10 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

What... is this?

9 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

I'm gonna sound dumb, but what am I looking at here? It looks neat.

6 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

ANTARES?!

Minotaur 1, basically the first two stages from a decommissioned Minuteman, then the upper stages of a Pegasus XL. The later rockets in the family, IV and V, are already in the mod. (Minotaur II and III are suborbital target vehicles for ABM testing)

Minuteman_MX_Minotaur_1200x700.jpg

minotaur__mightysat21__1.jpgminotaur-1__tacsat-3__1.jpg

Minotaur_Stages.jpg

I got sniped by @DaveyJ576

Edited by CobaltWolf

Just now, DaveyJ576 said:

Minotaur 1. It is a Minuteman ICBM space launch vehicle derivative.

Right. I knew it wasn't Antares after looking at it, but I couldn't figure it out. Then I remembered the rocket has those yellow thermal blankets and googled that. Found it right after you posted. :D

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

Minotaur 1, basically the first two stages from a decommissioned Minuteman, then the upper stages of a Pegasus XL.

I got sniped by @DaveyJ576

Yeah, I knew I was wrong after staring at it for a moment. Couldn't place it. 

Can we get yellow blankets as toggle? Got to keep Minotaur warm. :P

04c320bc06677283110e6db324e761cf.jpg

22 minutes ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Solids = bad. Liquids = good. Except for Polaris/Poseidon/Trident. All are Navy submarine missiles so they are waaay cool. :lol::);)

Submarine stuff is cool in general. Also our recent foray into American/Soviet kitbashes? I decided to make it worse.
52690319987_b008c6672f_o.png
52691330723_eff3f573d3_o.png
52691107854_f5bedf97d0_o.png

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yn5LXOS.png
4lLIfjn.png

Why abandon KSP modding? People will still play KSP1 and the game itself will still exist. It just serves as a way to screw over people who don't want to waste money on what will inevitably end up being an inferior game, as most T2-published games are.

1 minute ago, Entr8899 said:

Why abandon KSP modding? People will still play KSP1 and the game itself will still exist. It just serves as a way to screw over people who don't want to waste money on what will inevitably end up being an inferior game, as most T2-published games are.

bruh

6 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

1) modding for 2 games will be exhausting and updates will be slower than they already are.

2) KSP 2 will not be the "inferior" game as it promises to be far far better than KSP 1. And it's also built by actual game programmers instead of... an accounting firm I think Squad was? 

3) KSP 2 is in no way a way to "screw people over"

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yn5LXOS.png
4lLIfjn.png

OH MY GOD I've been dreaming about Minotaur/Minuteman parts for literal YEARS. Thanks a lot and waiting for them to be in game ☆_☆

Hint: i'd also be really happy to see Pegasus/Taurus parts :D

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yn5LXOS.png
4lLIfjn.png

Well from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for everything you've contributed to KSP 2!

You and the BDB Team have set an awesome precedent for what modders can do!

I can't wait to see what awesome new adventures y'all create for KSP 2! :)

1 hour ago, Entr8899 said:

Why abandon KSP 1 modding? Because of posts like this ;)

The BDB team isn't obligated to keep adding new parts to a dying game. Their call as to whether to mod for KSP 1, KSP 2, both , or none. Regardless of their choice they aren't screwing you over.

1 hour ago, Entr8899 said:

Well, obviously we'll have to wait and see how things shake out. But we're moving forward on the assumption that the 'clean slate' will lead to a much better game in a year or two's time.

32 minutes ago, Alpha512 said:

OH MY GOD I've been dreaming about Minotaur/Minuteman parts for literal YEARS. Thanks a lot and waiting for them to be in game ☆_☆

Hint: i'd also be really happy to see Pegasus/Taurus parts :D

Ha, I've definitely thought about Pegasus/Taurus, but I wouldn't hold your breath this time around. :) Some day, I'm sure...

27 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

Well from the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for everything you've contributed to KSP 2!

You and the BDB Team have set an awesome precedent for what modders can do!

I can't wait to see what awesome new adventures y'all create for KSP 2! :)

Thank you! I'm certainly excited and we have some ideas for the new systems (colony parts based on old moon base proposals, anyone?)

40 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Thank you! I'm certainly excited and we have some ideas for the new systems (colony parts based on old moon base proposals, anyone?)

I found a proposal to convert an LM truck into a lunar water ISRU plant some time ago, that would be perfect for KSP2 :D

image.png

image.png

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Well, obviously we'll have to wait and see how things shake out. But we're moving forward on the assumption that the 'clean slate' will lead to a much better game in a year or two's time.

Ha, I've definitely thought about Pegasus/Taurus, but I wouldn't hold your breath this time around. :) Some day, I'm sure...

These were my thoughts.

Think about how long it took to just get something like volumetric clouds in the game (though no small feat I can only imagine and I'd imagine held back by the engine being used for most of the life-cycle). Imagine if this game caught steam before it even it the shelves. The state of modding now is incredible, but back in the ~0.19 days the mods were great but the choices were much more slim comparatively (I think the front page always had FASA, RT, Karbonite, Proc Fairings, MLT, MJ, EVE, TR, and a handful of others I can't recall right now showing 99% of the time, not that you could surpass about 2Gb GameData at the time anyway without a crash every 30-45 minutes).

I'm not exactly looking forward to going right back to incremental builds but I have complete faith in Squad and their devotion to the quality of the game as well as reception of community feedback (hell, their phase plan is kind of built around how well their new mechanics are implemented). I think this would remain the case regardless of publisher (if they got picked up by any other pub than some indie-publisher would your view honestly change)? That's not to say that the split wasn't pretty excrementsty (I remember the circumstances being pretty "big-business"). I truly doubt studio interfering will be an issue. God I hope I didn't just feed a troll for 20 minutes...

20 minutes ago, shoe7ess said:

These were my thoughts.

Think about how long it took to just get something like volumetric clouds in the game (though no small feat I can only imagine and I'd imagine held back by the engine being used for most of the life-cycle). Imagine if this game caught steam before it even it the shelves. The state of modding now is incredible, but back in the ~0.19 days the mods were great but the choices were much more slim comparatively (I think the front page always had FASA, RT, Karbonite, Proc Fairings, MLT, MJ, EVE, TR, and a handful of others I can't recall right now showing 99% of the time, not that you could surpass about 2Gb GameData at the time anyway without a crash every 30-45 minutes).

I'm not exactly looking forward to going right back to incremental builds but I have complete faith in Squad and their devotion to the quality of the game as well as reception of community feedback (hell, their phase plan is kind of built around how well their new mechanics are implemented). I think this would remain the case regardless of publisher (if they got picked up by any other pub than some indie-publisher would your view honestly change)? That's not to say that the split wasn't pretty excrementsty (I remember the circumstances being pretty "big-business"). I truly doubt studio interfering will be an issue. God I hope I didn't just feed a troll for 20 minutes...

I think KSP2 will be enjoyable either way. Right now I see myself regularly switching between KSP and KSP2. KSP has a greater parts variety thanks to mods. On the other hand, KSP2 has some really nice build tools in the VAB, plus our resident @Nertea is part of the KSP2 team, and his handiwork (parts, visuals, etc) is very noticeable whenever I see the latest clips for the game.

In any case I appreciate the effort placed in BDB, and look forward to the madness BDB2 brings (and what that means in combination with Tantares 2). Well that's  my two cents. I'm gonna be out of town for the next week. For now I leave y'all with Energia Orion.
52691602274_0517caa7c8_o.png
52690813602_3dcf7be46d_o.png

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Someone has to bring it up again:

zlunworm.jpg

(This is not a serious proposal, to be clear.)

Edited by septemberWaves

7 hours ago, GoldForest said:

KSP 2 will not be the "inferior" game as it promises to be far far better than KSP 1.

But it's just that, a promise, and Squad and T2 don't exactly have perfect reputations.

4 hours ago, shoe7ess said:

I have complete faith in Squad and their devotion to the quality of the game as well as reception of community feedback

Already forgotten about the redshell drama?

6 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

The BDB team isn't obligated to keep adding new parts to a dying game. Their call as to whether to mod for KSP 1, KSP 2, both , or none. Regardless of their choice they aren't screwing you over.

Is it really that bad of me to not want to pay more money for the exact same game so I can enjoy the exact same mods, only they're being actively updated? I don't earn a lot so I can't be wasting money on stuff like this. Funny how KSP started dying precisely when KSP2 was announced. Please can you at least try to understand my frustrations here?

9 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

But it's just that, a promise, and Squad and T2 don't exactly have perfect reputations.

Already forgotten about the redshell drama?

Is it really that bad of me to not want to pay more money for the exact same game so I can enjoy the exact same mods, only they're being actively updated? I don't earn a lot so I can't be wasting money on stuff like this. Funny how KSP started dying precisely when KSP2 was announced. Please can you at least try to understand my frustrations here?

But you see, Intercept games is lead by people who are passionate about KSP and want their game to be so much better. When it comes to passionate people, the product is 99/100 a good product. 

It was removed, water under the bridge.

No, but KSP 2 is not the same exact game. It's a totally different game. Inside and out. It will add tons more features and options than KSP 1 could ever dream to have. And KSP 1 would have died sooner or later. All games due. The sequel just moved it along faster. 

You're frustration is unwarranted imo. You have no idea if KSP 2 is going to be bad, yet you're already giving it the stink eye. Don't judge a game until it's been reviewed or you have played it for yourself. 

If you have more concerns, go read the KSP 2 discussion forum and if you still then have reservations, wait the 8 days and whatever hours for reviews to start flooding in. I guarantee you, you'll be surprised that you were wrong. And if you were right, then it doesn't really matter. If KSP 2 sucks, we'll all come back to KSP 1 until KSP 2 is fixed. 

Edited by GoldForest

2 hours ago, Entr8899 said:
9 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

I understand you are frustrated about KSP2. There are other threads and subforums for that.

The BDB mod team made a choice to move on to KSP 2, and pestering them to volunteer their time to add features to KSP 1 forever is unreasonable. *If* KSP 2 sucks they can change their mind.

Your current KSP 1 and BDB will keep working (until a major upgrade to your operating system breaks it). Nothing is being taken away. No one is screwing you over.

15 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Solids = bad. Liquids = good. Except for Polaris/Poseidon/Trident. All are Navy submarine missiles so they are waaay cool. :lol::);)

Nothing wrong with solids.  It is the Go Fever idiots (and I do use that flterm with utmost respect) that put launching ahead of crew safety, mission success, and the Subject Matter Experts at the manufacturer that cause problems by lighting in conditions outside the safe zone.

13 hours ago, GoldForest said:

1) modding for 2 games will be exhausting and updates will be slower than they already are.

2) KSP 2 will not be the "inferior" game as it promises to be far far better than KSP 1. And it's also built by actual game programmers instead of... an accounting firm I think Squad was? 

3) KSP 2 is in no way a way to "screw people over"

4.  Hopefully there will be a LOT of work that can be ported back to KSP1 by anyone eager enough to join BDB team.  I am sure qualified volunteers would be welcome. 

But, ya.  Any way you Jeb thinks....ksp2 is the future