[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

On 2/22/2023 at 8:08 AM, davidy12 said:

I'll stick with KSP1 for now. 

I've got a 3070, and given that some systems lag on 3080s, yeah, it'll be 2-3 years before we get into the swing of things properly. 

I get that.  I think there are plenty out there that want to make sure that we keep poking the development in "the right direction" (a very subjective thing), and absolutely I will still be doing some with BDB1 until BDB2 hits the scene.   After all, people who BDB do so because there just isn't a way to get that historical fix with KSP2....yet.

That said, IMHO, what there is in KSP2, the little that it is, is as my Firefly brothers and sisters would say is SHINY.

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

@Blufor878 Take this! :P

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Saturn Energia Buran!

Hide contents

1OvU4d8.png

QmDwNLX.png

vOmIpWB.png

0RrUIvN.png

Energia Saturn!

Hide contents

9hil9o6.png

h9onxoB.png

zXxFYI8.png

d3XWgzE.png

(Yes... it is in orbit, without ever using S-IVC... and Energia has like 1500+ M/S)

Well, one of those looks a whole lot like early concept STS....before they decided to leave Saturn stages to rust to death....

Ya, that's right Alabama....I'm talking about you and that Saturn 1B.

Edited by RocketBoy1641

26 minutes ago, ra4nd0m said:

So.. Go for TMI?

I'm sure this thing has enough Dv to get a small probe interstellar. 

As for taking to to the Mun, I revert all "throw away" launches. "Throw away" being rockets purely for cringe cursed screenshoting. It's not longer in orbit. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Cattman423 said:

What does the MONK-E-MGL Orbital Goo Lab go to? I haven't found anything to put it with/launch on. When I search for 'MGL'  I get the MONK-E and parts for the Praxus Missile. Or is this just a generic science part for orbital space stations?

@CobaltWolf can say more but it can be launched together with Apollo on a Saturn IB or indeed used as a module for Skylab or any other station. IRL it was meant to be a primate experiment but in BDB we toned down the dodgy ethical implications of that by making it a goo module. I think there might be a free flying option but Im not sure.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/206472058228572162/971137915612704768/unknown.png

6 hours ago, Dr. Cattman423 said:

What does the MONK-E-MGL Orbital Goo Lab go to? I haven't found anything to put it with/launch on. When I search for 'MGL'  I get the MONK-E and parts for the Praxus Missile. Or is this just a generic science part for orbital space stations?

FYI the science config in that part is not working. CobaltWolf confirmed it a few pages back.

Hey everyone, I'm having trouble with the reflectivity of my MLEM. From what I can recall, this is a recent problem. It looks fine in the VAB, but the landing stage gold foil is much darker once I launch a craft. I'm starting a new game, and only have BDB, and its dependencies. Anyone run into this problem as well?

Dno8nJe.jpeg

R7kOoS1.jpeg

IsRitan.jpeg

gxJjvOx.png

1 hour ago, Elro2k said:

Hey everyone, I'm having trouble with the reflectivity of my MLEM. From what I can recall, this is a recent problem. It looks fine in the VAB, but the landing stage gold foil is much darker once I launch a craft. I'm starting a new game, and only have BDB, and its dependencies. Anyone run into this problem as well?

Dno8nJe.jpeg

R7kOoS1.jpeg

IsRitan.jpeg

gxJjvOx.png

Check your settings to see what "Reflection Refresh Mode" is set to, it needs to be at least set to "Low".  I had this same issue (reflective in the VAB, black in flight), and this is what fixed it for me.

3 hours ago, Alpha512 said:

Already asked a few pages back, didn't get any answer tho, so will try again

Are there any up to date Tweakscale configs for BDB out there?

I'm not sure but can use other mods to do that, you can use "All tweaks". With that you can normally tweak all parts, fairing (fairing from simple adjustable fairing), and many other things.:D

8 hours ago, Alpha512 said:

Already asked a few pages back, didn't get any answer tho, so will try again

Are there any up to date Tweakscale configs for BDB out there?

Tweak scale configs for BDB are largely community submitted these days. And no one has.

Edited by Zorg

13 hours ago, TheShadow1138 said:

Check your settings to see what "Reflection Refresh Mode" is set to, it needs to be at least set to "Low".  I had this same issue (reflective in the VAB, black in flight), and this is what fixed it for me.

That worked! Thank you so much

Hello again! I promise this is the last problem I've been having recently. I was playing around with the J-class LM, and realized that I cannot lower the hinge connected to the LM. No matter what I change (torque, traverse rate etc) the hinge will not move positions.  The extension arm works, and the staging to disconnect the rover from the lander also works. Any suggestions?oQqFt9B.jpeg

IXKiV3Y.jpeg

On 2/25/2023 at 1:23 PM, Saturn1234 said:

Have any of you done a manned mission to Mars with BDB?

Not Mars yet (haven't built an RO install yet since the latest BDB parts came out) but Duna currently in progress:

The Zenith Duna mission is my current game's first crewed Duna mission (we separately had an Eve orbital mission). The Zenith is all Saturn/Sarnus and Skylab/Hokulani parts with a Block 3 CSM and 5 crew aboard.

Separately, a large SSTO crew lander, supplied by the Koviets, was launched to Duna and rendezvous'd with the Zenith.  Finally, a large rover was landed on a LEM-Truck and went to meet the crew of 3 that landed before heading off to set up ground stations and take scientific samples in various biomes.

The Zenith itself uses 3 LVN-2 Redwood NTR's and has enough dV to do its trans-Duna injection, capture burn at Duna, and burn back home with fuel to spare.

QGtUIRM.png

v2WGNyI.png

kMtn7Yx.png

ALSqyw6.png

PBrljVs.png

hwYGatz.png

OSAOGWb.png

Edited by mistergoblin
accidentally double posted an image

On 2/26/2023 at 10:04 PM, GoldForest said:

SOCK. There's some parts in the dev build.

There were a couple mods that focused on the shuttle and Bruan.  One was by a guy from Russia if irc.  I can look them up in the morning; but at the moment I am exhausted and just checking stuff on the phone before I fall asleep.

On 2/22/2023 at 10:34 AM, Saturn1234 said:

Hello, I downloaded BDB and wanted to ask how you manage not to get lost in such a huge amount of parts. I've unlocked Basic Rocketry and I'm already lost in it. Also, do you only use parts for real designs or do you make your own as well?

Key word searches are a blessing.

5 hours ago, Elro2k said:

Hello again! I promise this is the last problem I've been having recently. I was playing around with the J-class LM, and realized that I cannot lower the hinge connected to the LM. No matter what I change (torque, traverse rate etc) the hinge will not move positions.  The extension arm works, and the staging to disconnect the rover from the lander also works. Any suggestions?oQqFt9B.jpeg

IXKiV3Y.jpeg

Sounds like some of the problems I had early on where it may not be assembled right.  I found testing 'why'in the VAB that the hinge was connected to the whole apparatus of the rover but not to the lander even though it 'looked' right.  As with everything else: craft files, logs etc go miles in the learned ones here diagnosing things.