[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

49 minutes ago, Spike88 said:

Thanks, looks like the SSS patch isn't getting applied. And after checking, it seems like the last release of SSS doesn't actually have the required patch. If you download this (just save link as): https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CessnaSkyhawk/SkyhawkScienceSystem/main/ModSupport/Bluedog_DB/Apollo_CrewPod.cfg and place it in your GameData/SkyhawkScienceSystem/ModSupport/Bluedog_DB folder, that should fix it for now, until there's a new release of SSS.

Same goes for @Royalswissarmyknife

34 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Some of the Minotaur parts are now in game, still working on some more parts for the family

I know you just mean things like the Orion 38 and that technically it was never in the "family" anyway, but I'm still holding out hope that we get this beautiful abomination in game.

616px-Minotaur_C_launch_(crop_zoom).jpg

9 minutes ago, Drago Kerman said:

I had this mod working for a while, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, now it makes B9partswitch bombard me with errors.

Can you be more specific? And please provide your ksp.log file and screenshots if possible.

56 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Can you be more specific? And please provide your ksp.log file and screenshots if possible.

Nvm, i dont think that this mod is to blame, as i had many more issues after i uninstalled it and validated my files.

10 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

I know you just mean things like the Orion 38 and that technically it was never in the "family" anyway, but I'm still holding out hope that we get this beautiful abomination in game.

That would pretty much just be... the Orion 50 X..L..T..S...something. And an adapter to attach to the first stage.

... and a new guidance section/fairing base...

I'll think about it.

8 hours ago, GoldForest said:

So, um... when can we expect this beauty (/S) Cobalt?

... oh god that's just a scaled up service module in the middle isn't it

9 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Oh no... 

FqpUoKvXwAEcO81?format=jpg&name=medium
OH YES!!!

6 hours ago, rcollier said:

I hope it involves ReScale, docking ports on engines, and bad photoshops.

I can't claim to be that good at this.
Not an exact replica, but the spirit of the design I think is intact. Still making some adjustments.
52735878222_37bce67aa9_o.png
52736654054_d6c6051069_o.png
Also you can forget about using freeiva on the Apollo end. But I still like it. I just kind of imagine a crew tunnel making up the inner core of the the Apollo segment.

Edited by Blufor878

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

... oh god that's just a scaled up service module in the middle isn't it

Yes it is.  It also still has the Apollo CM at the front. You can barely see it peeking past the ring. 

Also, are you going to include the first stage engine skirt for the Minotaur?

22 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

OH YES!!!

Not an exact replica, but the spirit of the design I think is intact. Still making some adjustments.

Also you can forget about using freeiva on the Apollo end. But I still like it. I just kind of imagine a crew tunnel making up the inner core of the the Apollo segment.

Good god... 

Edited by GoldForest

24 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Also, are you going to include the first stage engine skirt for the Minotaur?

Not sure what you mean? I know some of the Minuteman photos I've seen have a sort of flared skirt on the bottom that I was thinking about doing, yeah.

18 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Not sure what you mean? I know some of the Minuteman photos I've seen have a sort of flared skirt on the bottom that I was thinking about doing, yeah.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. 

I think it was only prominent on the Minuteman, but seeing as Minuteman and Minotaur use the same first stage, would be nice to have. 

59866f6dbe0ab4b8f07c0e4c5a79797d.jpg

000153_united_states_conducts_test_launc

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Most diagrams I've seen so far show a straight skirt on III. Photos are inconsistent, as they show both variants on what appears to be Minuteman III.

I wonder if it may have something to do with launch platforms. The "flared skirt" might be just a part of launch stand that is left inside the silo on launch.

Okay, there's something

fig3-17.jpg

Seems that early II (and presumably I) had a flared skirt, but it was changed to a shorter, straight one at some point. Not sure what "Wing II" means - most likely it's analogous to "block", and most certainly not a "missile wing".

Edited by biohazard15

3 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

OH YES!!!

Woah where did you get that gravity ring?

19 minutes ago, Elro2k said:

Woah where did you get that gravity ring?

I believe it's @Angelo Kerman's Deep Space Exploration Vehicles (DSEV). That one comes with a bunch of cool parts. Only real downside is that (as far as I know) it doesn't come with FreeIVA support. Still recommend it though.

@Nertea's Station Parts also comes with a bunch of different rings as well.

Edit: Someone has brought up FreeIVA support for DSEV on Github. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Blufor878

6 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

OH YES!!!

TweakScale is a path to many abilities some considered. . . unnatural.

Also it is reeeeally good at ruining pixel density so Nertea hates it.