[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Another family photo, this one extended:

1R3B1sQ.png

From left to right:

Minuteman I, II, II, Peacekeeper, Athena 1, 1C, 2, 2C, 3-2, 3-4, 3-6, 2cS-2, 2cS-4, 2cS-6, Athena 3 (Castor 900), Minotaur-3, 4-lite, 4, 4 Orion-38, 4-HAPS, 4+, 5 (1), 5(2), 6, 6+

Disclaimer: None of the stages have their upper stages (Stars, Orions, etc). Why add them when they'd never be seen.

@Pappystein better?

Also, I may or may not return to add Taurus (Minotaur-C)

Edited by GoldForest

8 hours ago, Rodger said:

Are you getting the issue when just staging the engines, without using a custom action group? Staging them should deploy them then start them automatically once deployed, with the single press of spacebar. If that’s not happening, what exact version of the j2 are you experiencing it with?

Yeah, and it's really specific too. It's the "Dnoces A2". Here's the situation I was in:
-Nearing space, about 45-49km altitude.
-5 Engines were on the SII stage and engine mount. The SII was an extended variant. The SII interstage and separator was also present since I was using the existing Saturn V as my base.
-No Crew.

All other situations I tried so far it seems to work just fine. I tried an early separation (about 5-15km) and they deployed normally. I've tried it on other mounts and rocket parts with no problems. Plus having crew onboard seems to at least lessen the issue. All the non-deployable J2s seem to work fine as well. I haven't tried the Dnoces X mainly because they're to big to fit together on the SII without clipping. Again, they work again with encouragement from the action groups, so it's not the worst problem in the world. Just kind of oddly specific.

Edited by Blufor878

3 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Everyone likes Minotaur, right? Everyone likes Centaur, right? Well, meet Minotaur Centaur! Taur Taur for short!

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

eXcyJkn.png

ktI7kut.png

bDTzooo.png

t2sNE5S.png

uSs0xIi.png

ynfHPkk.png

AW4M5mu.png

Oh yee gods! you have turned Minotaur IV into Angara!  

SHAME SHAME :D

:P

Interesting concept.  What Kind of Payload throw weight can you get with that combination?

Also what RL10 variant?

13 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Oh yee gods! you have turned Minotaur IV into Angara!  

SHAME SHAME :D

:P

Interesting concept.  What Kind of Payload throw weight can you get with that combination?

Also what RL10 variant?

Don't know the payload, tested it without one. 

A3s. 

Just beware if you fly it, for some reason upon staging Centaur, mechjeb will cutout for some reason.

But empty, it fan reach between 120 to 150 circular. Forgot which I got it too. Still had a bit of fuel.

Edited by GoldForest

8 hours ago, Rodger said:

Are you getting the issue when just staging the engines, without using a custom action group? Staging them should deploy them then start them automatically once deployed, with the single press of spacebar. If that’s not happening, what exact version of the j2 are you experiencing it with?

Did more testing. I think it might have something to do with my computer. I have an older system, so I sometimes have mild framerate drops. I noticed that sometimes pausing and unpausing is enough for the A2's to reignite. I'm wondering if maybe my computer is occasionally struggling to figure out everything that's going on. On that note, the Dnoces X doesn't seem affected by this issue.

Two things today, both Titan related.
Titan I converted into a medium lifter. So far I've tested 2.7 tons to LKO.
dfueook-3659940f-e513-4630-9d05-270927ea
And the Cyclops SSL, a smallsat launcher derived from Titan (upper stage) components. At least 550 kg to LKO.
dfueooc-96f96385-a8e1-4c2d-b5f6-492519a7

13 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

Did more testing. I think it might have something to do with my computer. I have an older system, so I sometimes have mild framerate drops. I noticed that sometimes pausing and unpausing is enough for the A2's to reignite. I'm wondering if maybe my computer is occasionally struggling to figure out everything that's going on. On that note, the Dnoces X doesn't seem affected by this issue.

Hmm yeah I can't reproduce it on my end, this may be the case. That may be an altitude when the planet changes how it renders in your visual setup which may cause lag, so that could be an explanation, though it's still odd that some lag would prevent the engine from firing. If you want to upload your KSP.log I can have a quick check, but not sure there'd be anything in particular that could cause this that would be visible in it.

uwJWukN.png

Added the Taurus lineup, as well as Airlaunch (No, it's not Pegasus) and Taurus lite.

Minuteman I, II, II, Peacekeeper, Athena 1, 1C, 2, 2C, 3-2, 3-4, 3-6, 2cS-2, 2cS-4, 2cS-6, Athena 3 (Castor 900), Minotaur-3, 4-lite, 4, 4 Orion-38, 4-HAPS, 4+, 5 (1), 5(2), 6, 6+, Taurus/Pegasus-C 1110, 2110, 2210, 3110, 3210, XL/S, AirLaunch, Taurus-lite, OBV, OBV (2 stage), Upgraded OBV

Disclaimer: None of the stages have their upper stages (Stars, Orions, etc). Why add them when they'd never be seen.

49 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

uwJWukN.png

Added the Taurus lineup, as well as Airlaunch (No, it's not Pegasus) and Taurus lite.

Minuteman I, II, II, Peacekeeper, Athena 1, 1C, 2, 2C, 3-2, 3-4, 3-6, 2cS-2, 2cS-4, 2cS-6, Athena 3 (Castor 900), Minotaur-3, 4-lite, 4, 4 Orion-38, 4-HAPS, 4+, 5 (1), 5(2), 6, 6+, Taurus/Pegasus-C 1110, 2110, 2210, 3110, 3210, XL/S, AirLaunch, Taurus-lite, OBV, OBV (2 stage), Upgraded OBV

Yo dawg, I heard you like solid motors...

1 hour ago, BritishRailBlue said:

Is there a way to see upcoming changes and plans for the future?

Watch for posts from @CobaltWolf and @Zorg, they're two of the guys working on this mod. And while he's not a member of the team behind this mod @GoldForest likes to play around with the new stuff as soon as he can use them.

Also this github link:
https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau

I checked out the MORL in sandbox an am working through a campaign now with all the goodies in the most recent dev branch.  Is the MORL still awaiting a lot of functionality for it?  If not is there a suggested science equipment that should be used for it?

22 hours ago, RocketBoy1641 said:

I checked out the MORL in sandbox an am working through a campaign now with all the goodies in the most recent dev branch.  Is the MORL still awaiting a lot of functionality for it?  If not is there a suggested science equipment that should be used for it?

No I'm not really planning on anything for the bay, feel free to put in anything you like. SIM bay and other Skylab/AAP science makes sense thematically.

2 minutes ago, Spike88 said:

Was explorer 6 planned at some point? Github lists "Explorer 1, 6, 7, 8, 11, S45, S46" being in the mod, but I can't seem to find anything in game or in the Wiki.

Oh, I think those are old old parts that aren't in the mod anymore? I haven't updated the Github (or the forum OP) in years...

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

Oh, I think those are old old parts that aren't in the mod anymore? I haven't updated the Github (or the forum OP) in years...

So looking back it looks like @Invaderchaos was working on one in July, but also Pioneer 5 has a texture swap for Explorer 6.

From what I understand after searching the thread, System Heat is a dependency, but if I go into the difficulty settings and disable it, that means that BDB will fall back to its old boil-off mechanics.  If I'm doing this anyway, can I just remove the System Heat mod, or will that break stuff?   Not seeing much point in having the mod installed if I'm not using it since the only thing it's doing is adding to my load time and RAM usage.

Edited by DeliriumTrigger

6 hours ago, DeliriumTrigger said:

From what I understand after searching the thread, System Heat is a dependency, but if I go into the difficulty settings and disable it, that means that BDB will fall back to its old boil-off mechanics.  If I'm doing this anyway, can I just remove the System Heat mod, or will that break stuff?   Not seeing much point in having the mod installed if I'm not using it since the only thing it's doing is adding to my load time and RAM usage.

Yes you can safely drop it.

Explorer 6 = Pioneer 5 with a different texture variant on the B9 Partswitch.

Edited by Friznit

Hope no one here minds me self promoting if so feel free to take down my post, but anyhow I performed a mission in JNSQ using for the most part Saturn and Apollo-related parts from Bluedog sort of inspired by the Voyage to Mars by Stephen Baxter, but not completely. Hope it is an enjoyable and entertaining video to watch! :)