[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Just now, Zorg said:

(I guess it wasn't loading in career and or science)

I am indeed in science mode. thank you!

I'm a convert from Sandbox mode. I now use Science to do Sandbox, because then I can actually test science parts. So I just unlock all the parts/tech/progression at the start of a Science game and it's like Sandbox, but with some advantages.

I really appreciate the Apollo rework, the attention to detail is so cool, my grandpa was one of the control room scientists on the 15/16 Gamma Ray Spectrometer so it's really exciting for me personally to be able to put that exact instrument on my missions!

Updated kitbash of my International Skylab idea (or Skylab 2, idk a name yet, suggestions welcome?)

unknown.png
unknown.png

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

EDIT: Forgot to include the view of the interior airlock

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by JustDark
Added some more pics and rearranged others

Now that's what I call "efficient use of space" :P

4cwTukM.png

Baby Centaur w\RL-10-A3, sitting in Titan 23G payload adapter. Extended bell RL-10s do not fit, though.

Would be nice to get a truss and "Centaur white" variants for it. (wink wink)

Edited by biohazard15

4 hours ago, Maeamian said:

I really appreciate the Apollo rework, the attention to detail is so cool, my grandpa was one of the control room scientists on the 15/16 Gamma Ray Spectrometer so it's really exciting for me personally to be able to put that exact instrument on my missions!

Yeah. My great grandfather worked on the program too. He was an electrical engineer, worked on the guidance computer. Not sure if it was Apollo's or Saturn's though. 

Neat to find someone else that has history with these great rockets. 

50 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

I'm probably a slowpoke... but I just learned that Space Launch Report died - Ed Kyle stopped supporting his site, and it is now available only via Wayback Machine.

Dang, and I used that site regularly for finding the unflown variants of rockets... this is a great loss. 

59 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

I'm probably a slowpoke... but I just learned that Space Launch Report died - Ed Kyle stopped supporting his site, and it is now available only via Wayback Machine.

Damn, that site was really useful.

R.I.P Space Launch Report 1998 - 2022

26 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Dang, and I used that site regularly for finding the unflown variants of rockets... this is a great loss. 

15 minutes ago, KeaKaka said:

Damn, that site was really useful.

R.I.P Space Launch Report 1998 - 2022

I suggest copying all the "baseball cards" (as Ed called them) and related pages, from Wayback Machine - I just did this.

I may try to make a PDF album from these (page = baseball card + info), but I'm not sure about licensing. Does someone here in this thread have a contact with Ed? Would it be okay for me to try to do this and post it here?

1 hour ago, biohazard15 said:

has it been fully archived to the wayback?

18 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

has it been fully archived to the wayback?

IIRC Wayback makes a full copy of a website, so I think yes. Library (the most important thing for us) seems to be fully archived.

IKT4rdS.png

@Gotmachine The patch works perfectly. The ATM stayed right where it was supposed to be! I tried both time warps and launched a mission to Skylab, nothing happened! Thank you!

Also, for those wondering why Skylab is in a weird orientation, the ATM is in control and tracking a target I set around the sun. A target called "Skylab Target".  Mechjeb SMART @$$ is set to face the target at a 0 degree rotation to it.  

Why do I have a target around the sun? Because you can't target the sun. 

In other news: Not sure the Apollo Telescope was thought out very well...  It's blocking the rcs
4RwVNxy.png

Edited by GoldForest

8 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

In other news: Not sure the Apollo Telescope was thought out very well...  It's blocking the rcs

As someone pointed out to me, its not a proper Apollo mission unless there's some plume impingement going on :P . The RCS plumes in fact impinge on the built in CM to SM umbilical if you can believe it.

(Commentary courtesy of @CobaltWolf )

I imagine IRL they would stabilize first, disable the two problem quads and then deploy the telescope.

Edit: On second glance perhaps they just meant to deal with it, not eliminate it

Edited by Zorg

27 minutes ago, Zorg said:

As someone pointed out to me, its not a proper Apollo mission unless there's some plume impingement going on :P . The RCS plumes in fact impinge on the built in CM to SM umbilical if you can believe it.

(Commentary courtesy of @CobaltWolf )

I imagine IRL they would stabilize first, disable the two problem quads and then deploy the telescope.

Edit: On second glance perhaps they just meant to deal with it, not eliminate it

Gee, thanks. I didn't notice the umbilical impingement until you pointed it out... Now I'm upset. :D

5 minutes ago, careermode100 said:

I can't seem to find the RT90 Truss Structure needed for the Skylab station. Is it a hidden part?

Shouldn't be, unless you accidentally hid it with Janitor's closet. 

2 hours ago, Shlyopa said:

New small centaur looks nice!
20220117140900_1.jpg

Yes yes yes,   You have a Nice GE 405H powered Vega there :D

But in some respects, I have used the Vega for just such a role (no boiloff... it should have LOX boiloff but everyone would loose there *STUFF* if that was in game because of all the "stockalike fuel" people.)   

But by the same token that is why my Hypergolic patches are in the Extras Folder now :D

YES you too can now fuel your titan with 50/50 (AKA Aerozine50 and NTO)!    I did not go into all the different fuel types because B9PS, while awesome, does not have an easy interface for 22 different fuel combos that is easy for a neophyte player.   If it was a Hypergolic rocket in BDB it is now AZ50/NTO fueled.

You also get the RL10B-3 (aka the XLR-119) that was canceled for Saturn and Centaur C.    if you are using the AJ-9 Titan engine patch you get the Kerolox versions of that... and if you are like me and like Saturn II.   My thrust reprofiling of the Agol to mimic the Minuteman M55 until a real one is made.   (on the Dev Branch not the release or master branches)

Edited by Pappystein

3 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Yes yes yes,   You have a Nice GE 405H powered Vega there :D

But in some respects, I have used the Vega for just such a role (no boiloff... it should have LOX boiloff but everyone would loose there *STUFF* if that was in game because of all the "stockalike fuel" people.)   

But by the same token that is why my Hypergolic patches are in the Extras Folder now :D

YES you too can now fuel your titan with 50/50 (AKA Aerozine50 and NTO)!    I did not go into all the different fuel types because B9PS, while awesome, does not have an easy interface for 22 different fuel combos that is easy for a neophyte player.   If it was a Hypergolic rocket in BDB it is now AZ50/NTO fueled

I thought I was going crazy for a second last night when my Apollo wouldn't work on LFO. (I usually just mass copy the entire Extras folder after an update, safe for the decaying RTG, because I want that unlimited power.) 

Neat. I think I saw that the Hypergolic fuel gave a bit more Delta V, is hypergolic lighter than LFO?

Also, does your patch allow for engine switching between hypergolic and LFO? Didn't really pay attention, just slapped parts together. :D