[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

7 minutes ago, Alpha512 said:

I feel genuinely offended seeing people debunk all those spacecraft myths and cults

Don't touch my beloved C-8! Or Rogallo wing... or Dynasoar...

And Phil Bono's designs, and Sea Dragon, and the Chrysler SERV...

5 hours ago, GoldForest said:

No, it's DCSS with 2 engines instead of one. This was a real proposal, and it was actually up for order by ULA IIRC, but no one took it. @Zorg Knows more about the twin engine DCSS. 

Not so much available for sale as an option for a future upgrade based on the customers willingness to pay, development time (maybe 4-5 years) and whatever financial agreements could be worked out between ULA and the customer. Presumably it would only be worth it for some block buy but i dunno. Its mentioned briefly in the payload planners guide which isnt too hard to find online.

46 minutes ago, Alpha512 said:

I feel genuinely offended seeing people debunk all those spacecraft myths and cults

I just don’t like it when people get nitpicky and snooty about spaceflight in general. My fascination is unconditional (there is one big exception, not gonna say what it is).

Not saying you can’t have your favorites. But there is a vibe test, and I will know when you fail it.

1 hour ago, KeaKaka said:

Saturn IB Wetlab... 

screenshot224.pngscreenshot226.png

And LM-ATM... 

screenshot227.pngscreenshot230.png

Combined to make a new space station! (I haven't decided on a name yet, maybe something like EOSS Skylab?)

screenshot232.png

Nice station! Also that's a really good look for the Saturn IB.

4 hours ago, Beccab said:

And Phil Bono's designs, and Sea Dragon, and the Chrysler SERV...

Hmmmm... Sounds like something someone who made a really good series about a conceptual program would say...

2 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

Saturn IB Wetlab... 

screenshot224.pngscreenshot226.png

And LM-ATM... 

screenshot227.pngscreenshot230.png

Combined to make a new space station! (I haven't decided on a name yet, maybe something like EOSS Skylab?)

screenshot232.png

Call it ground lab.

1 hour ago, davidy12 said:

I noticed a DSKY uploaded… do I sense a IVA revamp?

If it is, that sounds exciting! Wonder what it’ll be for?

1 minute ago, EndAllFilms said:

Is it gonna be compatible with tweakscale?

I think some parts already have tweakscale options.

19 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

EOSS Skylab welcomes Expedition 1

screenshot234.png

EDIT: And a big thanks to @G'th for SOL, I'm loving it so far!

I only learnt relatively recently (about a year ago) that they had all these alternative plans for the LEM. I think they’re neat! Especially this and the rover idea.

13 minutes ago, Pudgemountain said:

Soon we will be able to open up beach houses on Moons like Laythe and Titan and fish on the shores. The following Shelab Beach House product may not be suitable for Eve.

Yeah I don't want a timeshare on Purple Not-Venus. Laythe sounds nice tho!

On 10/10/2022 at 4:44 PM, Alpha512 said:

Rogallo wing is A-Ok after all that is just about EVERY hang-glider ever made post 1955

INFLATABLE Rogallo wing on the other hand.  Well compression of gasses made it fall flat..

ba-dum!  Sorry I had to :D

I tried a bit of googling and I'm unsure why this is happening, but the solid retro thrusters on certain parts (such as the Saturn V S-IVB Interstage, Saturn I S-IVB Interstage, and Saturn S-IV-2200 Cryogenic Fuel Tank) have their engine/thruster effects constantly active.

Edit - resolved through RealPlume. Apologies.

Edited by Imperious4k

41 minutes ago, Imperious4k said:

I tried a bit of googling and I'm unsure why this is happening, but the solid retro thrusters on certain parts (such as the Saturn V S-IVB Interstage, Saturn I S-IVB Interstage, and Saturn S-IV-2200 Cryogenic Fuel Tank) have their engine/thruster effects constantly active. Is there just a dependency I'm somehow missing (I haven't been able to find one) or is this a known bug? I am using the dev version. I sincerely apologize if this is a stupid thing to post about or if it's the wrong place for a question such as this. It isn't really an issue as far as performance goes, it just tends to ruin the experience of the mod when all retro thrusters (only for this mod) are constantly showing exhaust plumes even when inactive. If needed, I'll post an image of what I mean. Thank you!

That'll be due to issues with the Solid Waterfall Effects mod

KCZeUGl.png

SKWgViO.png

keokYZz.png

NECpfrB.png

ig6OE0y.png

3B5s8XF.png

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Wanted to launch Mercury with something other than Atlas. Tried Titan I first, that didn't work. Titan I upper with Titan II lower didn't work either. Tried a Ablestar on top of a Castor boosted Redstone, that didn't work, so fully decided to put some power behind it and go with Delta 900. Finally made it into a low 110 x 100 km orbit.

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

KCZeUGl.png

SKWgViO.png

keokYZz.png

NECpfrB.png

ig6OE0y.png

3B5s8XF.png

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Wanted to launch Mercury with something other than Atlas. Tried Titan I first, that didn't work. Titan I upper with Titan II lower didn't work either. Tried a Ablestar on top of a Castor boosted Redstone, that didn't work, so fully decided to put some power behind it and go with Delta 900. Finally made it into a low 110 x 100 km orbit.

I have actually launched Mercury to orbit on Titan I several times on KSRSS. I have also done Mercury Jupiter for high altitude sub-orbital. 

I have a whole new appreciation for Al Shepard and Gus Grissom and the G’s they endured during reentry on their sub-orbital flights. On my Mercury Redstone and Mercury Jupiter flights my Kerbals pull 10 G’s (for a few seconds) on the downhill portion. Ugh.

16 minutes ago, DaveyJ576 said:

I have actually launched Mercury to orbit on Titan I several times on KSRSS. I have also done Mercury Jupiter for high altitude sub-orbital. 

I have a whole new appreciation for Al Shepard and Gus Grissom and the G’s they endured during reentry on their sub-orbital flights. On my Mercury Redstone and Mercury Jupiter flights my Kerbals pull 10 G’s (for a few seconds) on the downhill portion. Ugh.

Huh, weird. My titan I launch just wouldn't make it.  The Dv Mechjeb said it required would creep over the Dv available.