[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

This is a beautiful picture. I love the Saturn series in general.

Also what is that payload?

Thanks! It's an AARDVark tug carrying another module for my EOSS Skylab station

Edited by KeaKaka
oh llok nwe page

5 minutes ago, Sanchez_1 said:

When the Altas update comes out will we be getting both the copper and silver CCB? (as seen below)

That's actually all the same - the coating turns from green to silver to copper as it's exposed to sunlight+oxygen (as I understand it)

Testing going poorly.

Question - we're almost ready for 1.11 release. Do we hold it off for a week to make sure these parts are included? Or save it for a point release/hotfix.

cwgGbRY.png
tCIhRiQ.png
RjWZWCU.png

34 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

That's actually all the same - the coating turns from green to silver to copper as it's exposed to sunlight+oxygen (as I understand it)

Great! We can have 4 color schemes! Green, silver, copper and Delta Blue. 

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Testing going poorly.

Question - we're almost ready for 1.11 release. Do we hold it off for a week to make sure these parts are included? Or save it for a point release/hotfix.

cwgGbRY.png
tCIhRiQ.png
RjWZWCU.png

I see, so could it still get its own separate color switch? Like the Delta IV tanks have the weathered variant, if not that's fine. 

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'd vote to wait a week to conclude your testing.

I was going to post a bug report last night, but I've been resolving most of my own minor issues with 1.11 dev over time (Version Update October 12th). Such as the fuel change for the Able, Ablestar, and Juno engines. At first I couldn't figure out why my designs (Vanguard, anything with an AJ10) suddenly had zero thrust. Or why I can't even get Vanguard to orbit anymore (Aerozine is weak and I apparently cannot launch correctly). I also wanted to experiment with the Metholox Extras, but it gives a laundry list of errors and I removed them for now.

I'm still getting B9 errors on startup about texture issues with some parts and color palette changes, but I presume these will be ironed out by release and/or they are from mod conflicts (because, I have a dozen part mods, the same as all of us! The error could be a coincidence and not from updating to 1.11 dev). It doesn't and didn't stop me from making Viking, Vanguard, and Jupiter-C rockets last night.

Overall I look forward to playing with the new LEM configurations. Is that Skylab "LEM" @KeaKaka was using one of the new parts of something of his design?

As always, thanks BDB Team for all your excellent work.

21 minutes ago, Pudgemountain said:

I say hold it off. Rome wasn't built in a day.

GAh! Angry Ring noises!

(You just try setting up 26 Ring devices in one home and as each devices goes through it's setup hear "remember, Rome wasn't built in a day")

:P

1 hour ago, USKnight said:

I'd vote to wait a week to conclude your testing.

I was going to post a bug report last night, but I've been resolving most of my own minor issues with 1.11 dev over time (Version Update October 12th). Such as the fuel change for the Able, Ablestar, and Juno engines. At first I couldn't figure out why my designs (Vanguard, anything with an AJ10) suddenly had zero thrust. Or why I can't even get Vanguard to orbit anymore (Aerozine is weak and I apparently cannot launch correctly). I also wanted to experiment with the Metholox Extras, but it gives a laundry list of errors and I removed them for now.

I'm still getting B9 errors on startup about texture issues with some parts and color palette changes, but I presume these will be ironed out by release and/or they are from mod conflicts (because, I have a dozen part mods, the same as all of us! The error could be a coincidence and not from updating to 1.11 dev). It doesn't and didn't stop me from making Viking, Vanguard, and Jupiter-C rockets last night.

That fuel change is an optional patch, you don’t need to install it, like everything else in bdb-extras.

if you can post a github issue with your ksp.log with the errors you’re getting though, I can take a look. It does seem like it’d be some mod-interaction or installation issue, as I don’t have any of those issues using any of those patches.

Edited by Rodger

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Testing going poorly.

cwgGbRY.png
tCIhRiQ.png
RjWZWCU.png

I would say to hold off. Get it to the point where you are comfortable with it. The only thing that takes longer than work is rework. :)

1 hour ago, DaveyJ576 said:

@GoldForest,

Mercury Titan I to orbit from LC-15:

Reveal hidden contents

fUOWUim.png

yCSTY05.png

ZSKuhVn.png

A9F7syu.png

6ucPw5f.png

QrsWdkk.png

ws4Lmgu.png

Not perfectly circular at 100 km, but pretty close. I even short fueled the first stage a little.

For fans of fictional astronauts, you may recognize the Kerbal's name... ;)

You missed the chance to get bonus points for E-1 powered Titan ;<

4 hours ago, Rodger said:

That fuel change is an optional patch, you don’t need to install it, like everything else in bdb-extras.

if you can post a github issue with your ksp.log with the errors you’re getting though, I can take a look. It does seem like it’d be some mod-interaction or installation issue, as I don’t have any of those issues using any of those patches.

It ***SHOULD*** be required :D   not kidding Kidding!

1 hour ago, Alpha512 said:

You missed the chance to get bonus points for E-1 powered Titan ;<

I really need to make a Hypergolic version of this engine (just the base variant not the enhanced variant as that was completely for Saturn.)  Also Hypergolic H-1 powered Saturn I would be lower performance than H-1 powered I think

3 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

@GoldForest,

Mercury Titan I to orbit from LC-15:

Not perfectly circular at 100 km, but pretty close. I even short fueled the first stage a little.

For fans of fictional astronauts, you may recognize the Kerbal's name... ;)

Is that 2.5X or stock scale? I'm playing on 2.5x

On 10/12/2022 at 6:58 AM, GoldForest said:

KCZeUGl.png

SKWgViO.png

keokYZz.png

NECpfrB.png

ig6OE0y.png

3B5s8XF.png

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Wanted to launch Mercury with something other than Atlas. Tried Titan I first, that didn't work. Titan I upper with Titan II lower didn't work either. Tried a Ablestar on top of a Castor boosted Redstone, that didn't work, so fully decided to put some power behind it and go with Delta 900. Finally made it into a low 110 x 100 km orbit.

Fun, but have you done mercury-atlas-able?
unknown.png
I have more cursed designs... Maybe I could share them.

Edited by Rutabaga22

26 minutes ago, KeaKaka said:

I think I'm really pushing the limit with what I can launch on a mostly unmodified Saturn IB

screenshot249.png

Today's module for EOSS Skylab is ESA's Columbus Laboratory with a whole load of science

screenshot250.pngscreenshot252.png

This looks great! What TUFX profile are you using?