[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

8 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

<gulp>

jPUYfbL.png

My secret project's been found out! :o :D

Hope people enjoy the new LM IVA! I've been working on it over the last three weeks, and there are plans for slightly more customized IVAs for the other LM variants (though the taxi has a variant with a 3rd seat at least, and the lab and LM shelter have one without the engine cover already). Also probably some new props to go with them. I also need to set up clickable window camera views still too.

And for people who want to customize the control panels with MAS or other IVA mods, the white overlay on the control panel is able to be disabled, to allow for fully custom layouts.

7 hours ago, KeaKaka said:

I think I'm really pushing the limit with what I can launch on a mostly unmodified Saturn IB

screenshot249.png

Today's module for EOSS Skylab is ESA's Columbus Laboratory with a whole load of science

screenshot250.pngscreenshot252.png

That's awesome! I like how you used the CSM engine base for your propulsion on that module.

3 hours ago, Rutabaga22 said:

That's awesome! I like how you used the CSM engine base for your propulsion on that module.

Aardvark for the win!

4 hours ago, Tellurium128 said:

Would there be any mars rover concepts implemented into bdb at some point?(Something like Pathfinder/MER/MSL)With BDB level of detail it would be very interesting to see something like this.

I am not a member of the team so I can't speak for them but given the scope of work that has been mentioned/talked about here.   I doubt it.   That isn't to say it could come... But likely that would be after KSP2 if it were to come.

On 10/13/2022 at 10:48 AM, septemberWaves said:

I'd say wait until these parts are done.

On 10/13/2022 at 11:01 AM, biohazard15 said:

And here I hoped that it would be less problematic than LRV :D

As for release, I'd say delay it.

23 hours ago, Pudgemountain said:

I say hold it off. Rome wasn't built in a day.

23 hours ago, USKnight said:

I'd vote to wait a week to conclude your testing.

21 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

I would say to hold off. Get it to the point where you are comfortable with it. The only thing that takes longer than work is rework. :)

Alright. I wasn't planning on included these parts if they were still unfinished, but I guess I'll wait. I frankly also expected them to take longer to finish...

6 hours ago, Tellurium128 said:

Would there be any mars rover concepts implemented into bdb at some point?(Something like Pathfinder/MER/MSL)With BDB level of detail it would be very interesting to see something like this.

I don't think so - that's pretty out of scope of the mod in it's current state. The more modern rockets in the mod are mostly because they're legacy with the earlier vehicles in their family, we don't really do modern payloads.

What I will say, is the modding community has recently gotten far, far better at making custom foil. So the modern payloads, if they're ever done (not necessarily by BDB), would look a lot better than we've previously been able to achieve. (See the custom foil sections on Zorg's Voyager Mars model)

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Alright. I wasn't planning on included these parts if they were still unfinished, but I guess I'll wait. I frankly also expected them to take longer to finish...

I don't think so - that's pretty out of scope of the mod in it's current state. The more modern rockets in the mod are mostly because they're legacy with the earlier vehicles in their family, we don't really do modern payloads.

What I will say, is the modding community has recently gotten far, far better at making custom foil. So the modern payloads, if they're ever done (not necessarily by BDB), would look a lot better than we've previously been able to achieve. (See the custom foil sections on Zorg's Voyager Mars model)

What about 1970s/80s Mars concepts? 

2 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

What about 1970s/80s Mars concepts? 

We'll have to see. Given the speed of development, I feel it's unlikely we'll be able to get into that sort of stuff before KSP2, and that will likely force us to put plans for new content on hold for... well, years.

14 hours ago, Rodger said:

Hope people enjoy the new LM IVA! I've been working on it over the last three weeks, and there are plans for slightly more customized IVAs for the other LM variants (though the taxi has a variant with a 3rd seat at least, and the lab and LM shelter have one without the engine cover already). Also probably some new props to go with them. I also need to set up clickable window camera views still too.

And for people who want to customize the control panels with MAS or other IVA mods, the white overlay on the control panel is able to be disabled, to allow for fully custom layouts.

Looks great so far! My biggest gripe with the old IVA was that the windows didn't line up with the model of the part. 

Also, while seeing myself with an Apollo 9 recreation (somewhat), I noticed the textures are rather low res. It would be understandable if these textures are placeholders until high-res textures are made or it's an installation error on my part, but other than that, It looks absolutely awesome!

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

We'll have to see. Given the speed of development, I feel it's unlikely we'll be able to get into that sort of stuff before KSP2, and that will likely force us to put plans for new content on hold for... well, years.

Mars Direct with Sea Dragon for KSP2?

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Still really wishing to see Viking and then the roving viking proposal

3 hours ago, Socowez said:

Also, while seeing myself with an Apollo 9 recreation (somewhat), I noticed the textures are rather low res. It would be understandable if these textures are placeholders until high-res textures are made or it's an installation error on my part, but other than that, It looks absolutely awesome!

The textures are low res to save size/memory use for frankly a fairly minor feature, and it's actually made to be on-par with other ivas in the mod, so unlikely to get a high res version. But the "text" overlay on the control panel is removable, so if someone wants to make a new IVA with an IVA mod and readable labels etc with props, they can still use the same shell and the low res overlay won't be in the way.

9 minutes ago, Rodger said:

The textures are low res to save size/memory use for frankly a fairly minor feature, and it's actually made to be on-par with other ivas in the mod, so unlikely to get a high res version. But the "text" overlay on the control panel is removable, so if someone wants to make a new IVA with an IVA mod and readable labels etc with props, they can still use the same shell and the low res overlay won't be in the way.

Oh well. Maybe higher res IVAs for KSP 2 then?

10 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Well, we will hope that things port well into KSP2 and that we can keep the project going.  The work here is amazing and it would be fabulous if it works there too!

On 10/14/2022 at 2:36 AM, Rodger said:

I am excited. That looks great!

On 10/14/2022 at 5:42 AM, Tellurium128 said:

23 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

This is how I generally see parts mods and their authors (I hope I worded that ok, this is meant to be a compliment, I swear!):
BDB from @CobaltWolf -  Historic American parts.
@benjee10's Mods - Modern American and near future parts.
@Beale's and @EStreetRockets Mods (Tantares, CRE, AWSI, etc.) - Historic and Modern parts from the rest of the world.
Knes from @Well - ESA hardware.
@Damon's Tundra Exploration and @Kari's Starship - SpaceX...that's all you need to know.

A stockalike probe/rover mod pack sounds pretty neat. But I have to agree with @CobaltWolf and his team, especially considering all the other stuff they're working on.

With all that said, even with KSP2 incoming, I still see a lot of neat stuff being made, like @chaos113's kats, which will have parts for unflown shuttle concepts. So you never know, someone may be working on it. Heck, with @Nertea's restock and Near Future mods suite, you could probably make rovers in that style.