[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

16 minutes ago, Kakub said:

https://imgur.com/a/d4JAzE6

Can somebody tell me what is happening with my decals on Parts ?

Z-clipping. It happens when two textures are too close to each other. 

To fix this, you can raise the decal up off the tank using the decal menu or by offsetting it. 

This isn't a bug, it's just what happens when two textures are clipping into one another. Nothing can be done except moving the decal. 

6 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Z-clipping. It happens when two textures are too close to each other. 

To fix this, you can raise the decal up off the tank using the decal menu or by offsetting it. 

This isn't a bug, it's just what happens when two textures are clipping into one another. Nothing can be done except moving the decal. 

but its not placeable decal. Its the basic one that its on part.

5 minutes ago, Kakub said:

but its not placeable decal. Its the basic one that its on part.

Ah. Well, then I don't think there's anything that can be done if it is the stock flag. I would suggest disabling the stock flag and putting a decal flag. 

Edited by GoldForest

Science and Exploration! With this, this concludes my mission to do every probe offered by BDB. Now back to make cursed rockets!

Full album here (Warning, it's quite big album, and a handful of images to out of order): Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Vanguard 1:

Spoiler

IrzYWdJ.png

b8DfvCK.png

pAjCFAE.png

Vanguard 2: 

Spoiler

2UyxHe6.png

Vanguard 3: 

Spoiler

lprxM6X.png

Orbiting Frog Otolith + Radiation Meteroid 1 (P.S. I HATE Scout):

Spoiler

8jQtdLV.png

Y4Df38A.png

5rBkNly.png

Tiros-1:

Spoiler

zDuVebl.png

iSzyeAJ.png

jwSBFnG.png

Alouette 2: 

Spoiler

HasjfQT.png

kzd2s3s.png

Nn6nQMg.png

Orbiting Solar Observatory 1:

Spoiler

uuqy0EO.png

rjxVMRM.png

Biosat 1:

Spoiler

Vf05m5j.png

5e2ovdG.png

bZ07iCW.png

Helios 1:

Spoiler

0hijbvT.png

WVFfkWK.png

O60M8gA.png

Clementine 1 + ISA:

Spoiler

5OcUTSq.png

uYPJvKd.png

uYPJvKd.png

X9xaAhQ.png

Lunar Orbiter 1:

Spoiler

qKPCFZw.png

IgDezxu.png

tlLYg0h.png

UofqUNw.png

Lunar Orbiter 1 Reconstructed Photos: (Decides to try and take a photos similar to the ones the real Lunar Orbiter took, I include the originals in the spoiler):

Spoiler

First_View_of_Earth_from_Moon.jpg

colK0Pi.png

First_View_of_Earth_from_Moon_-_reproces

xz489Sn.png

Orbiting Geophysical Observatory 1:

Spoiler

J0Qiqfm.png

0uvCItJ.png

7Wr1DV5.png

Surveyor 1 (And yes, I include an image of me failing the landing):

Spoiler

b49Gob9.jpg

Q1jVxJm.jpg

K1YLDV4.jpg

23DzRxP.jpg

dnFwMzq.png

ZKQRrfX.jpg

FFCUbFE.jpg

lmf4e33.jpg

Bonus shots, my map view:

Spoiler

XqrOCpG.jpg

cPqDZaI.jpg

T2YtxBt.jpg

KSQUfVk.jpg

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

Surveyor 1

How was it launched? Direct collision course or near miss to orbit at first than land?

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

Bonus shots, my map view:

In times like these I wish there was proper orbital decay to for example get rid of Apollo Boilerplate which still orbits Earth after almost 6 years.

Yeah I've been doing those launches myself just in the reverse order. 

Exploration probes first. Than Apollo stuff. Than my PC stopped feeling so good.

Edited by ra4nd0m

29 minutes ago, ra4nd0m said:

How was it launched? Direct collision course or near miss to orbit at first than land?

In times like these I wish there was proper orbital decay to for example get rid of Apollo Boilerplate which still orbits Earth after almost 6 years.

Yeah I've been doing those launches myself just in the reverse order. 

Exploration probes first. Than Apollo stuff. Than my PC stopped feeling so good.

the surveyor probes indeed went in a direct decent on the light side of the moon File:Transit-Surveyor 1.png

8 hours ago, ra4nd0m said:

Guys can you please share Juno 2 launch profile? Those Sergeant upper stages totally throw me off balance. How high the perapsis should be upon first stage burnout?

I pitch 5 degrees at launch and follow my vector. That should put you around 100k (1/4 rss) where you wait for top, line up and fire 

10 hours ago, ra4nd0m said:

Guys can you please share Juno 2 launch profile? Those Sergeant upper stages totally throw me off balance. How high the perapsis should be upon first stage burnout?

If you're playing on 2.5 scale, I found that getting the Pe to around or below 1.4 million km allows Baby Sergeant to circularize or even raise the Ap

On 1/13/2023 at 1:42 PM, Royalswissarmyknife said:

THE UPDATES HERE! :D

Only problem is I have to wait for Skyhawk to update :(

New BDB v1.12.0 and current Skyhawk v 1.1.2 seem to be working ok: the new parts are showing up in the tech tree. A prior Skyhawk update to improve generic support of other parts mods is probably helping with the new BDB parts.

No guarantees, though., since we might have different game settings.  My testing is limited to a single evening with the new BDB and a mid-career playthrough. If you want to try, please backup your entire KSP folder first so you have an easy way to undo.

2 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

New BDB v1.12.0 and current Skyhawk v 1.1.2 seem to be working ok: the new parts are showing up in the tech tree. A prior Skyhawk update to improve generic support of other parts mods is probably helping with the new BDB parts.

The reason the new parts are showing up in the tech tree will be because Skyhawk keeps the in-code names of vanilla tech nodes. Since BDB (like most parts mods) assigns parts to vanilla tech nodes by default, those parts will automatically be placed somewhere in any tech tree that extends the vanilla tree rather than overwriting it entirely.

The problem is that the parts are almost certainly not where the mod developer would intend them to go in an actual update, so you'll need to wait for a Skyhawk update before the parts are in their correct locations in the Skyhawk tech tree.

9 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

I liked your Vanguard 3 but if you really want to keep it accurate it never actually jettisoned the third stage, it was left attached on purpose to incite a better spin for its magnetometer.

Didn't know that.

13 hours ago, shakuvendell said:

Wait, did no one else notice that until now?

A niche part interaction with an even more niche patch, so no lol. I'll take a look, don't need a new issue.

And fixed in the dev branch now.

Edited by Rodger