[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 hours ago, RocketBoy1641 said:

There were a couple mods that focused on the shuttle and Bruan.  One was by a guy from Russia if irc.  I can look them up in the morning; but at the moment I am exhausted and just checking stuff on the phone before I fall asleep.

Yes, but they asked specifically where I got the Buran I used in the screenshot, which is from Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit. (SOCK)

5 hours ago, mistergoblin said:

Myself I use Cormorant Aeronology, which has both shuttle and buran parts. It says it's older and not compatible with the latest KSP, but it works fine for me.

When I tried using Cormorant Aeronology, all of the texture switch options for one part were slapped on top of each other, creating a mess.

4 hours ago, Ultim32 said:

When I tried using Cormorant Aeronology, all of the texture switch options for one part were slapped on top of each other, creating a mess.

IIRC that means you need one of the mods that deals with texture swapping (I can't remember if it's specifically B9Partswitcher or Firespitter.dll, honestly getting both doesn't hurt). Cormorant should work just fine once you have it.

Comorant is fantastic for making Buran; it's more flexible than SOCK and *really* lets you use the parts for more than just the standard Shuttle. I recently had a Shuttle-Buran "kiss" using SOCK for Shuttle and Cormorant for Buran and I think it went well. (Potato-pic but I wasn't intending to actually post it anywhere xD)

ueVMnun.jpg

Also nice name ;)

EDIT: Are we still posting cursed rockets? Found this from Oct 2021 when I was going through screenshots for Shuttle-Buran. 

vH5INwr.jpg

Edited by Queen Ultima

4 minutes ago, Queen Ultima said:

IIRC that means you need one of the mods that deals with texture swapping (I can't remember if it's specifically B9Partswitcher or Firespitter.dll, honestly getting both doesn't hurt). Cormorant should work just fine once you have it.

The Buran in Cormorant is fantastic, I recently had a Shuttle-Buran "kiss" using SOCK for Shuttle and Cormorant for Buran and I think it went well. (Potato-pic but I wasn't intending to actually post it anywhere xD)

ueVMnun.jpg

Also nice name ;)

EDIT: Are we still posting cursed rockets? Found this from Oct 2021 when I was going through screenshots for Shuttle-Buran. 

vH5INwr.jpg

The first picture is awesome.

The second picture simultaneously has me concerned, but intrigued. I have to say though I find it really funny that you used tweakscale on the Saturn V engine housing even though it's not doing anything, but you decided to keep the Titan SRB as is.

Screw it, I know what I'm gonna do tonight...

Just now, Blufor878 said:

The first picture is awesome.

The second picture simultaneously has me concerned, but intrigued. I have to say though I find it really funny that you used tweakscale on the Saturn V engine housing even though it's not doing anything, but you decided to keep the Titan SRB as is.

Screw it, I know what I'm gonna do tonight...

Thanks!

Honestly I have no clue what I was doing. If I had to guess, it was during the time I was obsessed with trying to make a viable JNSQ crew launch vessel that was mostly SRB (we all go through phases we're ashamed of) so I'm guessing I tried to put five Titan SRBs on the bottom instead of using the big Saturn SRB, got annoyed by something and then just tried a single one like out of spite.

1 hour ago, Queen Ultima said:

Thanks!

Honestly I have no clue what I was doing. If I had to guess, it was during the time I was obsessed with trying to make a viable JNSQ crew launch vessel that was mostly SRB (we all go through phases we're ashamed of) so I'm guessing I tried to put five Titan SRBs on the bottom instead of using the big Saturn SRB, got annoyed by something and then just tried a single one like out of spite.

Well, I did it. Behold Tweakscale abuse at its finest.
52720714349_5e5a4138d2_o.png
52720445641_6a9c9af363_o.png
52720867560_0cf1ec3326_o.png

Edited by Blufor878

With regards to the Model 8250  Agena-D Secondary Engine and  Model 8250-B  Agena-D Secondary Engine, with the recent conversion of the XLR81 Series to run on Aerozine and NTO, these were not similarly converted. As a frequent user of this equipment I have several launches on hold waiting for an update on this hardware.

1 hour ago, Sudragon said:

With regards to the Model 8250  Agena-D Secondary Engine and  Model 8250-B  Agena-D Secondary Engine, with the recent conversion of the XLR81 Series to run on Aerozine and NTO, these were not similarly converted. As a frequent user of this equipment I have several launches on hold waiting for an update on this hardware.

I'm assuming you're running Skyhawk Science System?  BDB uses stock fuels as standard so it's likely SSS or another mod converting engines to use real fuels and has missed these out.

9 minutes ago, Friznit said:

I'm assuming you're running Skyhawk Science System?  BDB uses stock fuels as standard so it's likely SSS or another mod converting engines to use real fuels and has missed these out.

It's actually not using real fuels it's just made to modify the name of liquid fuel for kerosene, monoprop to hydrazine and it add a single type of fuel (aerozine50 and NTO) but the mod still fully functional with bdb

Edited by BlackDinoShadows

1 hour ago, Friznit said:

Nope, not running skyhawk.

On 3/1/2023 at 1:58 AM, GoldForest said:

Yes, but they asked specifically where I got the Buran I used in the screenshot, which is from Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit. (SOCK)

Ok.  As I said...dead asleep at the phone.  Work is like that lately.  I get home and am exhausted, try to go to sleep and get at 14th wind that makes it impossible to sleep.

6 hours ago, Sudragon said:

3 hours ago, Sudragon said:

Nope, not running skyhawk.

2 hours ago, Grimmas said:

You need to look into whatever other mod is patching your engines to use those fuel types. It's not something that's being done by BDB.

Is it the HypergolicBDB patch from BD_Extras? I believe that is maintained by @Pappystein

14 minutes ago, Sudragon said:

Ah-ha, it is indeed. As they say, Well there's yer problem. Should I shoot him a note about this?

He's active enough that I'm sure he'll see we pinged him.

EDIT: Some Minotaur updates.

uvpDQ4f.png

mgH2grG.png

XKobAGV.png

YYPNf9O.png

OYgQOqH.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

My grasp of cyrillic is very rudimentary, but I think it says something along the lines of  LOAD 3D or possibly LOADYED if it's ukranian cyrillic. Probably LOADED, as a caution sign to indicate that it's full of fuel.

Edited by The Dressian Exploder
What SeptemberWaves said vvv

2 hours ago, Sudragon said:

Ah-ha, it is indeed. As they say, Well there's yer problem. Should I shoot him a note about this?

I will get to it within the next 24 hours barring any power issues (major storm inbound)

*EDITED*

I am mystified by this error report, the patch SHOULD be providing AZ50/NTO to the SPS engine (bluedog_GATV_SPS)   Booting up KSP instead of intended program now to test myself (it worked the last time I built up KSP modlist but checking on a new mod-build)

Edited by Pappystein

9 hours ago, Sudragon said:

Ok So on a barebones system with BDB and a few other station parts mods only... I can confirm.  The Hypergolic patch is working fine... 

HOWEVER,  There is a visual discontinuity that can lead to "problems"

QWT5c35.png

As you can see this is the 8250-B engine mount with the twin 8250 engines per pod (No RCS)

There is an AZ50/NTO fuel tank

frpiEuW.png

This is the 8250 Inital variant tank/engine combo which is 1 RCS engine and 1 8250 Engine.

Notice the tank has no AZ50/NTO?   Well that is because as far as a Hypergolic engine is concerned it gets fuel from a separate tank.

JNqGF2F.png

From the expanded text document on this engine we can clearly see it's Propellants are AZ50/NTO and Mono...   The tank just holds Mono Only.

So unless another mod is suppressing cross-feed in your game (or you have disabled it) you should have a fully functional engine with the base 8250 engine.  Obviously assuming your Tanks are actually setup for AZ50/NTO.

Hope this helps!