[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

6 minutes ago, Falcon Aerospace said:

So, about the bugs I found. I put it all in a video because I don't know how to explain this.

I've run into the same problem. I've found that assigning the engines to an action group and toggling said group helps. It's not perfect but in my experience it works. Sadly I think the problem stems from a framerate issue (if I recall, might be wrong). I don't know what to say about the ullage motors though. I did notice in your install that you have realplume for stock but not the main realplume folder. You should have two folders, "RealPlume" and "RealPlume-Stock". Fix that and see if that helps with the ullage motors.

15 hours ago, marxman28 said:

So, a future update for the BDB Octans port means I won’t have to do some program sorcery right now?

Yep, and I f you download the dev branch from github it’s available now, but I’m unsure when the next update will be released on space dock/ckan, could be a while.

The temp fix I posted above you can just do in notepad, should be quite simple. Just delete the two lines I mentioned.

13 hours ago, Falcon Aerospace said:

So, about the bugs I found. I put it all in a video because I don't know how to explain this.

If “SWE” in your gamedata is Solid Waterfall Effects, that’s likely the cause of the ullage motor plumes being bugged. 
As for the J2 issue, all I can say is the low fps is the only thing that seems likely to have broken the deployment and activation. The dev for the deployable engines mod has retired from ksp1 as well, so your best bet is fist trying the action group workaround posted above, or maybe removing graphical mods like scatterer and EVE/upgrading your PC to get a more stable frame rate.

18 hours ago, marxman28 said:

So, a future update for the BDB Octans port means I won’t have to do some program sorcery right now?

Program sorcery is good.  If you make too many cracks about it, they might suggest you play vanilla KSP.  BDB, and indeed ALL KSP mods are sorcery.

3 hours ago, Rodger said:

If “SWE” in your gamedata is Solid Waterfall Effects, that’s likely the cause of the ullage motor plumes being bugged. 
As for the J2 issue, all I can say is the low fps is the only thing that seems likely to have broken the deployment and activation. The dev for the deployable engines mod has retired from ksp1 as well, so your best bet is fist trying the action group workaround posted above, or maybe removing graphical mods like scatterer and EVE/upgrading your PC to get a more stable frame rate.

I'm thinking: logs, craft files, mod list.... the usual (with the crat file being an extra).

7 hours ago, Rodger said:

Yep SWE is the cause of this... just re-download Waterfall from its site and that fixed this issue for me!

14 hours ago, Falcon Aerospace said:

is there any fix for this bug?

Not really, all I can suggest is what I already posted above. I can't reproduce it at all, and the only clue is it's happened to someone else who also had very low fps. That person @Blufor878 also posted about how apparently they had some luck with assigning those engines to an action group for manual activation, so I'd say it's worth a try.

11 hours ago, Rodger said:

Not really, all I can suggest is what I already posted above. I can't reproduce it at all, and the only clue is it's happened to someone else who also had very low fps. That person @Blufor878 also posted about how apparently they had some luck with assigning those engines to an action group for manual activation, so I'd say it's worth a try.

I get a good framerate, but still have the issue with the J2X activation. I haven't ever had this issue with any other engine in recent memory, and other deployable engines like the near future atomic rocket motors works just fine. It did, however, ruin my recent attempt at the Venus / Eve flyby mission, due to the J2X engine needed for TVI/TEI suffering the same issue as seen in the video there. Though, I have not problems with the ullage motor plumes. I have tried manually deploying the engine bell and then manually igniting the engine, but gotten the same result. I've tried shutting down the engine, but it is impossible to do so as the "shut down" button doesn't stay in the PAW long enough to click; I have not yet tried using the action groups, though. Eventually, I had to resort to blowing up the engine with the Kaboom mod (I couldn't stand the noise) and then using the two RL-10 engines that I had mounted (Used the LASS config for the S-IVB engine adapter) to do a much slower TEI burn. I managed to achieve the mission, but had to use a considerable amount of fuel on the Apollo CSM to do correction burns as I did not get as much performance out of just the two RL-10s as I would with the J2X firing.

I've deployed the LRV on Mun and it works fine driving around except that it starts shaking uncontrollably whenever my Kerbal exits the vehicle. When I put him back in, it stops.
Suspensions look fine. It's like the Kerbal's weight standing on the rover after clicking "leave seat" is messing things.
Any idea how to fix this?

2 hours ago, Richmountain112 said:

And what about the wings for the Winged Gemini?

What Winged Gemini?    That is the first problem with this request.    There are 1, 2, 3 oh 4 that I can think of off the top of my head.

2ndly (and likely a big chunk of WHY BDB hasn't tackled this), KSP1 Physics, both modded and un-modded, leaves much to be desired with how the Winged Gemini typically would work.    EG, the Winged Capsule in the old FASA mod for Gemini did not work correctly...   In fact, the entire Nose and wing assembly is supposed to be ejected mid-flight, with the Capsule landing in the ocean as is normal.    Having flown Gemini in that for at least a year before migrating to BDB, I can tell you... it didn't fly right even on a good day.

38 minutes ago, Richmountain112 said:

Fair point.

Is the Paraglider also an option or is that too unstable?

Someone made one a couple of years ago... VERY hard to fly or land.   But I believe it is no longer supported with newer KSP builds.

At least that is what I remember being posted

9 hours ago, Raptor22 said:

I get a good framerate, but still have the issue with the J2X activation. I haven't ever had this issue with any other engine in recent memory, and other deployable engines like the near future atomic rocket motors works just fine. It did, however, ruin my recent attempt at the Venus / Eve flyby mission, due to the J2X engine needed for TVI/TEI suffering the same issue as seen in the video there. Though, I have not problems with the ullage motor plumes. I have tried manually deploying the engine bell and then manually igniting the engine, but gotten the same result. I've tried shutting down the engine, but it is impossible to do so as the "shut down" button doesn't stay in the PAW long enough to click; I have not yet tried using the action groups, though. Eventually, I had to resort to blowing up the engine with the Kaboom mod (I couldn't stand the noise) and then using the two RL-10 engines that I had mounted (Used the LASS config for the S-IVB engine adapter) to do a much slower TEI burn. I managed to achieve the mission, but had to use a considerable amount of fuel on the Apollo CSM to do correction burns as I did not get as much performance out of just the two RL-10s as I would with the J2X firing.

Hmm well if you and @Falcon Aerospace can zip your ksp.log (from main install directory) and modulemanager.configcache (from gamedata) and post them here https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/issues/1378 (you can just drag the zip file into a github post), might be able to find some clues

10 minutes ago, kspbutitscursed said:

my dell laptop would just bsood if it saw that

Honestly, I have a gtx980, which is approximately 1000 miles below min spec for KSP 2. Yet in KSP 1 I can run 90+ mods (~17k mm patches), tons of which are part mods, all the usual suspects for graphics (doe/ps/scatterer/eve/tufx) on both KSRSS and JNSQ, and I get 20-30fps on launch, 30-40 during ascent, and 50+ in space (capped at 60), running at 2650x1440.  I'm very fortunate my potato hardware performs pretty well.