[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

7 hours ago, AHO said:

hmmm... I've always wanted to attempt to make an IVA as I have experience in 3D modeling. I wonder if I could try creating a Hermes IVA if that's okay with Cobalt.

Well hey, at least you wouldn't have much to do, since the inside of the capsule would be very cramped. :wink:

6 hours ago, NotAgain said:

@AHO, the Hermes originally had an IVA when it was in the Bloeting mod, perhaps that could be a good starting point if someone still has the files.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

it-it did did? I probably have them then.

47 minutes ago, AHO said:

Interesting! If anyone has the files, that would be a really good place to start.

As the guy who made that IVA (and hermes before giving it to cobalt) I can say the original IVA model is totally trash and you'd be better off starting from scratch (it was my first IVA and I made the front wall to close to the kerbal's face)

Edited by passinglurker

19 minutes ago, passinglurker said:

As the guy who made that IVA (and hermes before giving it to cobalt) I can say the original IVA model is totally trash and you'd be better off starting from scratch (it was my first IVA and I made the front wall to close to the kerbal's face)

Hrmm, alright. I still have all the files from what you gave me saved (thank you Microsoft for the 1tb of cloud storage) so I'll see if I can send them, if only as a reference point.

@AHO if you're serious I'll try to help as much as I can. What programs would you use for modeling? Texturing?

I use autodesk Maya for modeling and a combination of mudbox and photoshop for texturing. Also, if you could send me the files for the Hermes exterior model that would be great! I can pm you my email if you want as well.

16 minutes ago, AHO said:

I use autodesk Maya for modeling and a combination of mudbox and photoshop for texturing. Also, if you could send me the files for the Hermes exterior model that would be great! I can pm you my email if you want as well.

*wipes away single tear* @akron we found another one.
I will clean up the hermes .MA file and PM a link to you.

Meanwhile, over in Mother Krussia...

5VwL9ex.png

(This won't be in game for a while - as before I simply was working on probe stuff since the latest files for those are on my laptop.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

5VwL9ex.png

(This won't be in game for a while - as before I simply was working on probe stuff since the latest files for those are on my laptop.

Damn communists !

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

5VwL9ex.png

It's awesome but not sure what it is.

6 minutes ago, Ghosty141 said:

Yo to whoever models the interior, here is a great website where you can check out the Apollo 11 IVA in 3D ! http://3d.si.edu/apollo11cm/

I'd be willing to help with placing props and stuff so just ask me if you need help.

That's only the third time someone has mentioned that particular website. :P

18 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Would that include the time I posted THIS ??

probably lol.

I'm still on track to hopefully have Apollo in game by the end of the week! Yesterday, I spent most of the day UV unwrapping all the stupid bits that no one will ever see in the assembled configuration, so it featured a lot of frustration and misery. Fortunately, I'm almost done now! I'm planning on streaming some more work tonight.

EDIT: Some update images:

f9iDpSm.png

Zx75KTM.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

6 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

EDIT: Some update images:

Love that bounce at the end of the animation, really gives the antenna/doors weight. I haven't been around in a while so this might be a dumb question, but will the antenna be a separate part? It'd be a shame to limit it's use to one craft. 

1 minute ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

Love that bounce at the end of the animation, really gives the antenna/doors weight. I haven't been around in a while so this might be a dumb question, but will the antenna be a separate part? It'd be a shame to limit it's use to one craft. 

SECONDARY ANIMATION SAVES THE DAY AGAIN

antic-overshoot.png

Yes, it's a separate part. Once they're done, I have some exploded renders of the canon Apollo CSM.

Hey y'all, couple things -

Please report any bugs, balance issues, or any other suggestions you have for the current stuff on the Github repo. We are still working on getting the MOS/Saturn C1 stuff done and pushed out. Knowing what needs to be addressed will be a lot of help for getting those done.

We are looking for someone to do compatibility configs for @ShotgunNinja's Kerbalism mod. If any intrepid Kerbalism users want to make configs for BDB, it would be greatly appreciated, as none of us use the mod.

On a more general note, I want to issue a call for anyone that has homebrewed compatibility configs not currently covered by the official download. It would be very helpful to be able to include them in the download. If BDB has missing compatibility for something that you use, please report it so that we can at least log an issue on Github and feel ashamed whenever we see it.

4 minutes ago, awsumindyman said:

Is the handbook going to be updated at some point? ( no rush, just wondering)

Yes, though @DiscoSlelge has been having issues with Kronal Vessel Viewer, which he needs for the screenshots. I have not taken the time to start up KSP to take the screenshots he needs... I'll have to do that tonight first thing when I stream.