[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I will never do struts or fuel lines.

"I" for one, never use struts or fuel lines... :)  Thanx to KJR and TAC Fuel Balancer... Which should be stock anyway... :)

I'm thinking (other than plugin mods), running a pretty much Squad-less, BDB install... I havent been playing KSP much at all myself, but my son has FINALLY shown interest in flying rockets, instead of playing KAP (Kerbal Airplane Program) exclusively... SO if I get rid of all the airplane and unnecessary parts, maybe I can get him to CONCENTRATE on ROCKETS, only... KBDBP ... :)

Edited by Stone Blue

Just now, Sgt.Shutesie said:

The problem with that is that I don't think it was ever proposed. The S-IVb had the whole, make it a habitat thing, but I don't think S-IV ever had something planned for habitat space. Even for proposed S-IV based space station, the stage wasn't used as hab space.

However, if you can find anything like that from real life, I'm sure it could be made.

Wasn't Skylab made from an S-IVB Tank?

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

Yes. They were talking about S-IV (the original Saturn 1 upper stage).

Ohh, Btw Great mod, Cant wait for the LEM.(i usually make a Close replica out of 50 parts or so but i cant find the Gold Octogon tank i usually use. i thought it was from tantares, but apparently not.)

2 hours ago, EffOffM8 said:

Ohh, Btw Great mod, Cant wait for the LEM.(i usually make a Close replica out of 50 parts or so but i cant find the Gold Octogon tank i usually use. i thought it was from tantares, but apparently not.)

Try SXT. It has a LEM cabin, base, and octagonal tank.

1 hour ago, trooperMNG said:

Guys do you know if there is a CST 100 alike capsule? Because @xxhansonmaxx CST is too big and heavy for Bluedog Atlas (Muo V) and it's barely ok for the recommended Launchers Pack Atlas

It seems a bit light to me for a capsule of that size. The Sarnus I can lift it, and the Atlas adapter with the CST 100 fits the S-IV straight tank.

uVPG6xf.png

16 minutes ago, Jso said:

It seems a bit light to me for a capsule of that size. The Sarnus I can lift it, and the Atlas adapter with the CST 100 fits the S-IV straight tank.

uVPG6xf.png

yeah, I know that its size and mass are ok, the only problem is that it isn't compatible with the Muo (read the real life counterpart, Atlas V).

Edited by trooperMNG

18 minutes ago, trooperMNG said:

yeah, I know that its size and mass is ok, the only problem is that it isn't compatible with the Muo (read the real life counterpart, Atlas V)

First of, love your sig.

Second, The issue is that the CST-100, scaled for KSP, should be around 2.8125m (halfway between 4m and 5m IRL scale, as the CST-100 is 4.5m IRL). The CST100 that you have is 33% bigger than it should be.

4 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

First of, love your sig.

Second, The issue is that the CST-100, scaled for KSP, should be around 2.8125m (halfway between 4m and 5m IRL scale, as the CST-100 is 4.5m IRL). The CST100 that you have is 33% bigger than it should be.

arigato you magnificient bas***d anyway, yeah, I noticed that when I used @Kartoffelkuchen Atlas :wink: 

13 minutes ago, trooperMNG said:

arigato you magnificient bas***d anyway, yeah, I noticed that when I used @Kartoffelkuchen Atlas :wink: 

If you're inclined to tinker, change the CST-100's rescaleFactor in the parts cfg to 0.75. That will give you a more appropriate 2.8125m pod. The 2.5m adapter fits the centaur at that scale.

39 minutes ago, Jso said:

If you're inclined to tinker, change the CST-100's rescaleFactor in the parts cfg to 0.75. That will give you a more appropriate 2.8125m pod. The 2.5m adapter fits the centaur at that scale.

maybe not the most elegant way to do it, but it works. Thank you, @Jso

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 0:35 AM, Abrecan said:

What a coincidence I see others talking about the SLA Adapter, because I had a thought that would also bridge Gemini and Apollo - a study from 1968;

Apollo LMAL - Lunar Module Adapter Laboratory slavsmol.gif

I did mention this a while ago...

lamlstat.gifAmerican manned space station. Study 1968.

AKA: Lunar Module Adapter Laboratory. Status: Study 1968. Date: 1968.

This was one of 18 conceptual designs published 25 April 1968 for the Earth-orbital spacecraft lunar module adapter laboratory prepared by spacecraft design experts of the MSC Advanced Spacecraft Technology Division. The configuration was developed to illustrate the extent to which the building block philosophy could be carried. It would utilize both Gemini and Apollo spacecraft and would require 2 unmanned launches and 10 manned logistic launches. The report was published 25 April 1968. - From Astronautix