[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

4 minutes ago, PickledTripod said:

The recent devnotes make it sound like it's about 3-4 weeks away.

I for one am very happy about this. The wheels should be usable again, we're looking at good performance improvements and it shouldn't be as mod-breaking as 1.1 was. The only thing I'm not too excited for is the antenna system, but from what I understand it can be entirely disabled if I want to go back to RemoteTech instead.

From my experience updates are always mod breaking for a few mods. I use Kerbalism so I know that's gonna breaks it's the new antennas.

19 hours ago, PickledTripod said:

I for one am very happy about this. The wheels should be usable again, we're looking at good performance improvements and it shouldn't be as mod-breaking as 1.1 was. The only thing I'm not too excited for is the antenna system, but from what I understand it can be entirely disabled if I want to go back to RemoteTech instead.

I am worried that it will drop support for OpenGL 2.1. I cannot use anything above that, and I don't want to upgrade my lappy (I need money).

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

3 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Just curious Cobalt, for the S-IVB, where you planning on including the pedal adaptor fairings or will they be blown clear like the modifications made after Apollo 7?

Probably both? Could reuse the lower SLA mesh to make either a fairing base or (as @Jso thinks is possible) a single part with jettisonable panels. The SLA is the last thing I have to get 'in-game' (untextured) for him to work with before I get back to texturing the stages, so we'll find out soon.

And I'd like to see the game update. I still crash constantly so as far as I'm concerned we're not much better off than the day 1.1 dropped. And it's not like BDB will be all that affected. Since that is pretty much the only mod I run consistently, I don't really care.

Oh, and SEP -

... crap.

Just now, davidy12 said:

@CobaltWolf: Just finish the Saturn first then focus on the SEP and Rover. 

Well I was more trying to make a joke that, while BDB has no dependencies, SEP will be utterly broken until its multiple dependencies (and custom plugin) are updated. I try to mostly be an art guy these days :P Saturn is still my first priority. I might want to quickly put out some more BDB content that is currently half finished (like the different Apollo variants) before jumping over to SEP for a few weeks to finish their new parts and cranking out a rover.

19 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Well I was more trying to make a joke that, while BDB has no dependencies, SEP will be utterly broken until its multiple dependencies (and custom plugin) are updated. I try to mostly be an art guy these days :P Saturn is still my first priority. I might want to quickly put out some more BDB content that is currently half finished (like the different Apollo variants) before jumping over to SEP for a few weeks to finish their new parts and cranking out a rover.

Great, on the apollo variants, can you just add a nose cone for the Blk 1 variant? 

Call the cone (Yes it's a stupid name): Griwhifee. 

2 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Great, on the apollo variants, can you just add a nose cone for the Blk 1 variant? 

Call the cone (Yes it's a stupid name): Griwhifee. 

I know where you're going with that. The Saturn engines (H1, J2, F1) are all named after them. :) And... uh, sure. I guess I can look into it? It's not a priority.

13 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I know where you're going with that. The Saturn engines (H1, J2, F1) are all named after them. :) And... uh, sure. I guess I can look into it? It's not a priority.

Oh. Didn't notice that

EDIT: Erm... @CobaltWolf, WHICH engine? Only the non gimbaling center H-1 engine (H1C) sounds like Grissom (Grivan). 

Navi (H1D)

Dnoces (J2)

Don't sound like anything I've heard of. And of course, I don't know what you're going to name the F-1.

Edited by davidy12

18 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Check out the link CobaltWolf posted, it explains the origin of his naming scheme.
From Wikipedia; "As a practical joke, the Apollo 1 crew named three of the stars in the Apollo catalog after themselves and introduced them into NASA documentation.Gamma Cassiopeiae became Navi – Ivan (Gus Grissom's middle name) spelled backwards. Iota Ursae Majoris became Dnoces – "Second" spelled backwards, for Edward H. White II. And Gamma Velorum became Regor – Roger (Chaffee) spelled backwards. These names quickly stuck after the Apollo 1 accident and were regularly used by later Apollo crews."

41 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Check out the link CobaltWolf posted, it explains the origin of his naming scheme.
From Wikipedia; "As a practical joke, the Apollo 1 crew named three of the stars in the Apollo catalog after themselves and introduced them into NASA documentation.Gamma Cassiopeiae became Navi – Ivan (Gus Grissom's middle name) spelled backwards. Iota Ursae Majoris became Dnoces – "Second" spelled backwards, for Edward H. White II. And Gamma Velorum became Regor – Roger (Chaffee) spelled backwards. These names quickly stuck after the Apollo 1 accident and were regularly used by later Apollo crews."

yes. F1 will be Regor - sounds appropriately powerful to me. I ran into the issue that there were more than just three engines, after I added the H1C variant. I made it up phonetically, I don't remember if I used syllables/letters from Grissom on purpose.

I ran into a similar issue (running out of names and having to make them up phonetically) with the Titan solids. I only had 3 names and had to make up the rest. :wink:

15 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

"I ran into the issue that there were more than just three engines,"

If your looking for more engine/part names in tribute to fallen pioneers from early space flight, you could look into the primary crew of Gemini 9, Charles Bassett & Elliot See, who were killed when their T-38 trainer aircraft crashed 4 months before their Gemini flight.  Just a thought.. not to mention the STS-51 and STS-107 crews. 

Hey Guys.

I use Smartparts and altought I set the Altimeter to Stage on Descent it Stages at Ascent. The Problem only occurs when BD is installed.

I checked it with Stock + Smart parts, everything OK. With all my other Mods it's OK too. But when I installed BD the issue is back again. I have checked the Logs but there's no entry.

12 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

Hey Guys.

I use Smartparts and altought I set the Altimeter to Stage on Descent it Stages at Ascent. The Problem only occurs when BD is installed.

I checked it with Stock + Smart parts, everything OK. With all my other Mods it's OK too. But when I installed BD the issue is back again. I have checked the Logs but there's no entry.

I can't imagine what the connection could possibly be. I use them too. Just tried Altimeter stage on decent and it worked fine.

2 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Hey Guys.

2 hours ago, Jso said:

I can't imagine what the connection could possibly be. I use them too. Just tried Altimeter stage on decent and it worked fine.

Yeah. Can you verify the behavior with a 100% fresh/clean (preferably a fresh download) stock install, with just BDB and Smart parts? It doesn't sound like something we could cause. We have two very small plugins, both of which are only used to achieve functionality on a single part. One is on the Dine 3 nozzle engine, another is on the retractable RL-10.

I looked through the roadmap, and didn't see a sub-satellite as a probe to support Apollo? I know it might be pointless, but would be nice considering the sub-sats didn't get much creditImage result for apollo subsatellite

Edited by Abrecan

9 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yeah. Can you verify the behavior with a 100% fresh/clean (preferably a fresh download) stock install, with just BDB and Smart parts? It doesn't sound like something we could cause. We have two very small plugins, both of which are only used to achieve functionality on a single part. One is on the Dine 3 nozzle engine, another is on the retractable RL-10.

Hm, just curious. After new installation of KSP the issue is gone.

Odd that it only occured when BD was installed. Just KSP...:rolleyes:

This is partly a KSP in general question, and part BD question (mainly because I prefer the BD part over stock): Can you have 2 science labs on the same station and control which lab your science data is transferred to? Double the labs, double the scientists, double the science per day is the goal. Does the science go to closest lab, fill one then the other, how's that work?

7 hours ago, Abrecan said:

I looked through the roadmap, and didn't see a sub-satellite as a probe to support Apollo? I know it might be pointless, but would be nice considering the sub-sats didn't get much credit

its on there, near the bottom. I actually already modeled it back when I started Apollo, I just cranked out models for a couple evenings since I didn't feel like having to start UV unwrapping.

7 hours ago, Abrecan said:

I looked through the roadmap, and didn't see a sub-satellite as a probe to support Apollo? I know it might be pointless, but would be nice considering the sub-sats didn't get much creditImage result for apollo subsatellite

Just use tweakscale and stack octo sats and small OX-STAT panels around it. Then use three infernal robotics hinges and attach antennas to it.