MikeO89 Posted February 8, 2019 Share Posted February 8, 2019 On 2/7/2019 at 11:53 AM, MikeO89 said: Well the same exact craft works fine using the previous version of BDB. When going back to the older 1.4.2 version of BDB, the same craft then works fine again. Very worrisome for me as this happened on the first craft I tried after installing newest BDB version. I have LOTS more crafts I haven't even got to yet. If this is an indication of more to come when I try to fly other things I've built, I'm in big trouble. One of those things, get some cool new stuff but if it breaks everything else, what are you going to choose. BDB is a living mod, so there's really no way I can promise that there won't be ongoing craft-breaking changes. We try to avoid them when we can, and hopefully the new stuff moving forward won't need to have any short of some fundamental change we are required to make to maintain compatibility or some such. However, I will chime in to say that, similar to how many people defer updating KSP to prevent their mods from breaking, there is nothing wrong with sticking with an old version of BDB until you are ready to update your crafts. I was curious, because I don't remember making changes to the Saturn parts this update, but I checked the Github history of the part and found the commit in question. I'm still a little out of it so I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what exactly the change was just by looking. Incidentally, we are getting a bit better at using Github and the v1.5.1 release was a nice little test run of how we will manage things moving forward. One side effect is we basically got a set of patch notes for free when I merged the dev branch into the main branch, so it'll be easier to prepare real change logs. They probably won't include every single change, but save breaking changes in particular will be easier to find and thus highlight in the change log. I tried another craft that I built with some BDB parts and it worked ok. This problem I had was with a specific Apollo moon rocket I have built with a whole bunch of different parts including some from BDB. My problem was with the 3rd stage containing pedal adapter and LEM inside. It probably has to do with the way I have the LEM in there. I chose to put the FASA LEM inside the BDB pedal adapter. The way I had mine set up is to put a separator right at the bottom of the pedal adapter, then build the FASA LEM on top of it piece by piece (the way you have to do it with the FASA LEM). There was something the new BDB update didn't like about this whole thing that the previous BDB had no problem with. When opening the pedal adapter which automatically ejects the CM, the 3rd stage and LEM now started rotating because the sas no longer worked to hold it in place. If I clicked on SAS, there was a message saying no SAS module installed and no kerbal pilot. The Kane instrument panel was on so SAS should have been working. Needless to say this stopped the whole mission cause docking with LEM was no longer possible. Bummer for me cause I had built an awful lot of different Apollo moon rockets to finally get the one I wanted but now I can't use it with the new BDB update. I also noticed the RCS thruster plume was changed on the Kane thrusters. It's now quite thinner and much longer. Not sure if I like it or not at this point. So I still have my KSP copy with this new BDW update in it and I will continue to play with it referring to the Apollo craft to see if I can make something work. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.