[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

6 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Please help! I upgraded from 1.9.0.2781 to 1.10.1.2939 so that I could download BDB. I couldn't get it to download using CKAN for either version because one or more add-ons/plug-ins were not compatible. I am a newbie. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to get 1.10.99? If so how do I get it. This stuff is as clear as mud.

A quick glance suggests this is because Community Resource Pack hasnt had its compatibility updated to include KSP 1.10.x. However CRP should continue to just be fine in 1.10. Please go to CKAN > Settings> Compatible KSP versions > and enable both KSP 1.10 and KSP 1.9. Everything should install now. 

6 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Sorry BDB is one of many mods that CKAN does not do well with as the development cycles are long and BDB's main release may not be "up to date"    if you want to use CKAN with the release (not the development version) you can roll back to an older KSP by (in steam at-least) going to the BETA tab when right clicking on KSP in your steam library.

I have not used CKAN in 4 years so IDK if this will still work,  But back 4 years ago you could manually copy files in... CKAN just can't manage them. 

BDB generally works just fine with CKAN, and we coordinate with the CKAN team to ensure our metadata files are up to date though its ultimately maintained by the CKAN people rather than in BDB's own repository. This situation was caused by one particular dependency not having had its metadata updated. And yes you can install some mods manually while still using CKAN for other things.

3 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Back in April, Zorg showed a dock rotate spin table thinger on youtube for Explorer. Does that capability exist in the dev branch?

Yes you just need to install the Dock Rotate mod alongside the dev branch.

12 hours ago, Zorg said:

A quick glance suggests this is because Community Resource Pack hasnt had its compatibility updated to include KSP 1.10.x. However CRP should continue to just be fine in 1.10. Please go to CKAN > Settings> Compatible KSP versions > and enable both KSP 1.10 and KSP 1.9. Everything should install now. 

BDB generally works just fine with CKAN, and we coordinate with the CKAN team to ensure our metadata files are up to date though its ultimately maintained by the CKAN people rather than in BDB's own repository. This situation was caused by one particular dependency not having had its metadata updated. And yes you can install some mods manually while still using CKAN for other things.

Yes you just need to install the Dock Rotate mod alongside the dev branch.

Brilliant! Changing the CKAN settings worked like a charm. Thanks a lot!

BTW, I am really interested in the historical rockets and spacecraft and being a newbie I started off with FASA/MechJeb. It went well until I got to Apollo. It proved to be quite buggy in the way of the thrusters/monoprop useage. Transposition and docking was buggy too and nearly impossible. Looking for a better experience here with BDB 

48 minutes ago, DaveyJ576 said:

It proved to be quite buggy in the way of the thrusters/monoprop useage. Transposition and docking was buggy too and nearly impossible.

Buggy and impossible in what sense? and how? More details and possibly screenshots or video are required.

Apollo is due to be remade soonish but it hasnt been touched in ages and we havent heard any complaints about the RCS or docking/transposition. Some people do have trouble with CADS/APAS ports but that requires precise alignment.

53 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Buggy and impossible in what sense? and how? More details and possibly screenshots or video are required.

Apollo is due to be remade soonish but it hasnt been touched in ages and we havent heard any complaints about the RCS or docking/transposition. Some people do have trouble with CADS/APAS ports but that requires precise alignment.

He was talking about FASA. :wink:

Yeah, I apologize for not being clearer. Issue was with FASA.

I got everything downloaded, installed, and tested. So far everything is “A-Ok” as Alan Shepard would say. Just built out Juno 1/Explorer and launched it. Performance is different from FASA and takes some relearning, but not in a bad way. Really digging it so far. Thanks for the hard work!

8 minutes ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Yeah, I apologize for not being clearer. Issue was with FASA.

I got everything downloaded, installed, and tested. So far everything is “A-Ok” as Alan Shepard would say. Just built out Juno 1/Explorer and launched it. Performance is different from FASA and takes some relearning, but not in a bad way. Really digging it so far. Thanks for the hard work!

Glad to hear. You may find Friznit’s unofficially official wiki a useful resource. I certainly end up referring to it when building stuff half the time :P

https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-BDB-Wiki/wiki

49 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

s8DPN2R.png

Any reason I am getting this?

I am getting this exact same set of messages, since copying over my install to a new instance in Beyond Home. Most strange about this is, that none of the BDB files or dependencies are any different at all - yet in my original JNSQ main game everything still works flawlessly. Is it perhaps not compatible with BH or other planet packs for any reason (possibly BH being multi-star...)?

1 hour ago, NateDaBeast said:

Any reason I am getting this?

1 hour ago, Morphisor said:

I am getting this exact same set of messages, since copying over my install to a new instance in Beyond Home. Most strange about this is, that none of the BDB files or dependencies are any different at all - yet in my original JNSQ main game everything still works flawlessly. Is it perhaps not compatible with BH or other planet packs for any reason (possibly BH being multi-star...)?

I think we would need to see logs from both of you. Is NateDaBeast also using a planet pack and if so is it also multistar?

Whats common about all of those parts is that they are solar panels with a mesh switch. Associated with this mesh switch is a module switch that lowers the power output with the smaller panel sizes. If Kopernicus or the planet pack replaces the solar panel modules we can expect this switch to break.

I expect the panels to still be functional but they wont be getting reduced output as intended for the smaller sizes. If this is indeed the case we would need to figure something out for compatibility.

39 minutes ago, Zorg said:

I think we would need to see logs from both of you. Is NateDaBeast also using a planet pack and if so is it also multistar?

Whats common about all of those parts is that they are solar panels with a mesh switch. Associated with this mesh switch is a module switch that lowers the power output with the smaller panel sizes. If Kopernicus or the planet pack replaces the solar panel modules we can expect this switch to break.

I expect the panels to still be functional but they wont be getting reduced output as intended for the smaller sizes. If this is indeed the case we would need to figure something out for compatibility.

@Morphisor & @NateDaBeast, This is an issue with the 1.9.1+ versions of Kopernicus as it replaces the solar panel module with a custom one.  @R-T-B, patched in support for NF Solar B9 switches, but it looks like no one had tested newer versions of Kopernicus with BDB which uses a different setup for B9 switches for solar panel switching.  The short-term should be to disable Kopernicus from changing the modules using:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel]]:FINAL
{
    useKopernicusSolarPanels = False
}

Was looking through the built-in Kopernicus solar patch and it looks like it should have patched the B9 switches correctly, but can't figure out why it isn't.  Attaching my log file that produces the same error as above, so maybe Zorg or R-T-B may see what is the issue. Google Drive

Edited by hemeac

17 minutes ago, hemeac said:

@Morphisor & @NateDaBeast, This is an issue with the 1.9.1+ versions of Kopernicus as it replaces the solar panel module with a custom one.  @R-T-B, patched in support for NF Solar B9 switches, but it looks like no one had tested newer versions of Kopernicus with BDB which uses a different setup for B9 switches for solar panel switching.  The short-term should be to disable Kopernicus from changing the modules using:

{
}

Great thanks. Is this module used by Kopernicus in general or only multi star? If it’s the former we can make a fairly straightforward compatibility patch. 

7 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Great thanks. Is this module used by Kopernicus in general or only multi star? If it’s the former we can make a fairly straightforward compatibility patch. 

Just posted some comments above.  I tried this in a stock panet setup with Kopernicus installed and produced the error.  I will check the patch I posted to see if that works as a band-aid.

Update: Tested the patch above and that should fix the problem and the solar panels are functional, at least in the stock planets with Kopernicus installed.  YMMV with Beyond Home.

Edited by hemeac

42 minutes ago, hemeac said:

{
}

Was looking through the built-in Kopernicus solar patch and it looks like it should have patched the B9 switches correctly, but can't figure out why it isn't.  Attaching my log file that produces the same error as above, so maybe Zorg or R-T-B may see what is the issue. Google Drive

I appreciate the report.  If anyone can advise what sort of patch is needed for BDB to work with us, we'd be happy to distribute it in our zips.

2 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

I appreciate the report.  If anyone can advise what sort of patch is needed for BDB to work with us, we'd be happy to distribute it in our zips.

If no one has solved the problem by tomorrow morning (my time), will take a look, my brain hurts atm from work...

13 minutes ago, hemeac said:

If no one has solved the problem by tomorrow morning (my time), will take a look, my brain hurts atm from work...

My brains hurting pretty bad from some botched Kopernicus releases due to simple typos (hard to track those guys down), so yeah, same.

1 hour ago, hemeac said:

{
}

That alone doesn't explain why it's a problem in Beyond Home but not in JNSQ. Hence my guess at it being related to multi-star stuff. I will get some more info from my install as soon as I get some time for it.

59 minutes ago, Morphisor said:

That alone doesn't explain why it's a problem in Beyond Home but not in JNSQ. Hence my guess at it being related to multi-star stuff. I will get some more info from my install as soon as I get some time for it.

Based on that, sounds slightly more complicated as I was able to get those errors with Kopernicus, but no planet pack installed.