[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Hey @CobaltWolf, one of my earlier requests has been fulfilled. You can go easy on this one.

Zq1qhb9.jpg

@mcdouble created this one for his Alternate Apollo series. I haven't flown it yet, but I did some test fits with your BDB Saturn gear and it fits nicely. When the opportunity presents itself, it would be great to get the 1963 and 1965 LEMs too. 

3 hours ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Hey @CobaltWolf, one of my earlier requests has been fulfilled. You can go easy on this one.

Zq1qhb9.jpg

@mcdouble created this one for his Alternate Apollo series. I haven't flown it yet, but I did some test fits with your BDB Saturn gear and it fits nicely. When the opportunity presents itself, it would be great to get the 1963 and 1965 LEMs too. 

Ummm... When?

also didn't that guy kinda disappear?

Yep, plays with BDB well. I had to move the antenna further up the ascent stage so that it would clear the SLA. She is a bit of a dog as it weighs in a nearly 6 tons heavier than the BDB 1969 LM, but that is pretty accurate historically. 

kEHvm6J.jpg

28 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

sooooo.....

I wanted to push Mercury to its limits, thus the Mercury Lab - Agena SOT - Extended Atlas was born. All designed to go to the moon of course.

o8h2dFT.png

I hope that thing folds over, as it SHOULD.

6 hours ago, Beccab said:

Ares I but Apollo era - because who needs the Saturn 1B, solid fuel boosters are perfectly safe
Screenshot_4321.png

Nice rocket, but when the pogo kicked in it must have been like riding inside a cement mixer. :o 

Just now, DaveyJ576 said:

Nice rocket, but when the pogo kicked in it must have been like riding inside a cement mixer. :o 

Just do what NASA was planning to do for the Ares I and stick a giant spring in there to absorb the vibrations. 

Fortunately kerbals are made of sturdier stuff than humans.

On 6/28/2021 at 9:53 AM, CobaltWolf said:

I'm so uncomfortable.

Shhh, just make the parts, don't worry what we do with them. <_< Besides, it's your fault because of the old MOL airlock and Gemini docking collars:

2al2AqQ.jpg

Gotta make it at least somewhat aerodynamic.

As promised earlier - some shots from Pioneer 10's Jupiter encounter:

ITSeUGo.png

You can see Jupiter just above the probe.

jsCKogU.png

Closer...

eUarl3k.png

Closer...

TkprZ6C.png

Jupiter, in all its gassy-gianty glory. The shadow is from Ganymede, BTW.

0CeuJhq.png

You can see it just right from the Sun.

On 6/28/2021 at 7:59 PM, DaveyJ576 said:

On 6/28/2021 at 8:00 PM, TaintedLion said:

Just do what NASA was planning to do for the Ares I and stick a giant spring in there to absorb the vibrations. 

Fortunately kerbals are made of sturdier stuff than humans.

You know, the Funny thing about Solid rockets...   If the Rocket is Unitary....   Pogo isn't much/any more of an issue than it is on LF/O rockets of any fuel type....  Assuming they are not Hypergolic.... Lookin at you LR87! :D

It is the Segment "flaps" that are used to keep the propellant in the segment and SLOW the burn rate down that create most of the vertical acceleration oscillations.     Oh, and without those flaps... gaps form in the grain between segments leading to a faster burnout and higher temperature and pressure....

SO AJ-260 or BUST for Apollo! :D    AKA SATURN INT-05A

Edited by Pappystein