[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there any way somone could point me towards the download link for the dev parts? I can't seem to find it.

you need to click the button marked "Master" and switch it to apollo-saturn-revamp (which also contains Skylab). Then click the green "Code" button and download to zip.

For people who want to keep up with BDB dev I would reccomend getting the github desktop client actually. So instead of downloading to zip you can "Clone to desktop". After that all you need to do is click Fetch Origin in the desktop client and it will download incremental updates to wherever you chose to clone it. This way you dont need to download all of BDB every time.

So I am looking for opinions.   I have just deleted every mod out of my KSP folder.   I am building an entirely new Modset.  

Core to the Modset will be BDB (I hope that is a Duh! comment but none the less..)  

I am looking for suggestions on what to do.   I have Played Galileo, JNSQ and never got anywhere with them.    Rarely getting past Kerbin orbit.      In Stock I did a full tour so I feel like I am under utilizing both Galileo and JNSQ.   I have ZERO interest in any RSS play and RO is just plain OUT.

What I am looking for is a play-through where I can actually play and plan flight plans like for Pioneer or Voyager missions.    A Play-through where I CAN visit other planets and RETURN.   I will likely make my new play-through a SCIENCE play-through.   Not worried about funding.  

So here is my ASK.     What mods should I include.    I am looking at including the Mathlab Trajectory Optimization tool for the mission planning.   But what are your essentials to playing such a mission?

So please TELL ME what I should be including.    I am hoping to have less than a 20 minute load time on my 64GB with SSD system for KSP here!

I don't need any fuel patches for BDB (I already have those in a near perfected form and they MAY be rolled to the Extras Folder with the Devs permission)  After all with the new Saturn Update most all of my Pafftek section in the Extras folder will become obsolete.

Please feel free to share your thoughts.   Excepting BDB and the TOT mod I currently have no plans for other mods unless you the members of the BDB forum give me good suggestions!

Apollo 24 servicing mission (I'd kill to actually get a door that  on the SIVB instrument unit, like the one in NFLV for example)
Screenshot_7056.png

Screenshot_7068.png
Molly entering the S-IVB instrument unit
Screenshot_7036.png
Yowza, that's a nice avionics computer. Shame it needs to be replaced
Screenshot_7052.png
Exiting the instrument unit, that was a nice and easy mission
Screenshot_7074.png
Uh oh, this wasn't supposed to happen
Screenshot_7082.png
Aaaaaa
Screenshot_7088.pngEVA cable cut, finally
Screenshot_7091.png
But Molly falls behind too! And the night is coming!
Screenshot_7100.png
Uh oh
Screenshot_7101.pngScreenshot_7104.pngPhew, molly is safe
Screenshot_7097.png
Screenshot_7106.png
Meanwhile, the SIVB continues its trans lunar injection... but the episode is over now ;.;

Edited by Beccab

43 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

[snipped for brevity] What mods should I include.[snip]

JNSQ. It's my favorite planet pack, with good graphics, new places to explore, and the scale allows for realistically sized rockets. KSRSS 2.5x is a good alternative that's balanced with BDB, but the added challenge of inclinations is IMO only fun for a while and then becomes a chore.

Non-BDB rocket parts: For kitbashing, Restock is helpful for aligning stock art closer to the BDB aesthetic. Optionally, the entire Near Future collection supports further kitbashing but risks pulling focus away from BDB parts.

Astrogator. This might be redundant with the "Mathlab Trajectory Optimization" you mentioned but I'm not familiar with that one.

Tech Tree: Pick your favorite. I like Tetrix Tech Tree or CTT for use with BDB and other parts mods I've mentioned.

JX2 Antenna: Adds some massive and powerful antennas. I use them late game to build a large multi-antenna relay in a polar dwell orbit at the home planet to reach the furthest planets.

SCANSat: Works well with some BDB science parts, provides a new way to get biome maps.

Do you care about aircraft and spaceplanes? If yes, JNSQ adds a lot of airports, and you can consider (in order of increasing power and drift from BDB) Airplane Plus, Mk2 Stockalike Extension, Mk3 Stockalike Extension, OPT.

I've skipped graphics mods. Use the EVE, Scatterer, etc. recommended by JNSQ.

I've most skipped small quality-of-life and user interface mods. The Janitors Closet, Antenna Helper, and Kerbal Engineer Redux are very helpful in VAB.

I have yet to try Habtech and SOCK, but I think many BDB players use them for ISS and Space Shuttle parts.

11 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

I've most skipped small quality-of-life and user interface mods. The Janitors Closet, Antenna Helper, and Kerbal Engineer Redux are very helpful in VAB.

Editor Extensions Redux deserves a mention here. I'd say it's as essential as Kerbal Engineer.

I like Chatterer and Rocket Sound Enhancement for, well, sound stuff. I play with music off (I'm so sick of KSP's music) so ambience is great. 

4 hours ago, Pappystein said:

I am looking for suggestions on what to do.   I have Played Galileo, JNSQ and never got anywhere with them.    Rarely getting past Kerbin orbit.      In Stock I did a full tour so I feel like I am under utilizing both Galileo and JNSQ.   I have ZERO interest in any RSS play and RO is just plain OUT.

How about KSRSS without 2.5x patch? 

5 hours ago, Pappystein said:

So I am looking for opinions.   I have just deleted every mod out of my KSP folder.   I am building an entirely new Modset.  

Core to the Modset will be BDB (I hope that is a Duh! comment but none the less..)  

What I am looking for is a play-through where I can actually play and plan flight plans like for Pioneer or Voyager missions.    A Play-through where I CAN visit other planets and RETURN.   I will likely make my new play-through a SCIENCE play-through.   Not worried about funding.  

So here is my ASK.     What mods should I include.    I am looking at including the Mathlab Trajectory Optimization tool for the mission planning.   But what are your essentials to playing such a mission?

So please TELL ME what I should be including.    I am hoping to have less than a 20 minute load time on my 64GB with SSD system for KSP here!

I don't need any fuel patches for BDB (I already have those in a near perfected form and they MAY be rolled to the Extras Folder with the Devs permission)  After all with the new Saturn Update most all of my Pafftek section in the Extras folder will become obsolete.

Please feel free to share your thoughts.   Excepting BDB and the TOT mod I currently have no plans for other mods unless you the members of the BDB forum give me good suggestions!

Try a planet pack that puts Kerbin as a moon. That's a whole new challenge.

So I thought I would share my Decision about what to use for my next playthrough.

1.  So I was going to jump back to GPP and realized that it hasn't been fully supported for a while.  Sticking with JNSQ for the moment...
  2. I am utilizing the following support mods for flight planning and control:
    1. MechJeb
    2. KerbalEngineer
    3. KSP Trajectory Optimization Tool
  3. I am utilizing the following Graphics Mods:
    1. Scatterer
    2. EVE-Redux
    3. TU/TUFX
  4. These are the utility mods I will be using (some are also parts mods!)
    1. NRAP variable mass test payloads
    2. Editor Extensions
    3. Tweakscale
    4. SmartParts
    5. Kerbinside remastered and requirements
    6. ModularLaunchPads
    7. SCANSat
    8. KerbalAlarm Clock
  5. Additional Parts mods (may grow)
    1. Near Future (aka Nertea mods)
      1. Solar
      2. Exploration
      3. Cryoengines
      4. KerbolAtomics
      5. Electric
      6. StationPart Expansion and Redux
    2. Restock/Restock+
    3. Recycled Parts (Kommitz and Porkjet nukes mostly)
    4. Eisenhower Astronatuics
    5. Rocket Motor Menangarie (for CH4 Titan V launches!)

That is about it for now.  

14 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

So I thought I would share my Decision about what to use for my next playthrough.

1.  So I was going to jump back to GPP and realized that it hasn't been fully supported for a while.  Sticking with JNSQ for the moment...
  2. I am utilizing the following support mods for flight planning and control:
    1. MechJeb
    2. KerbalEngineer
    3. KSP Trajectory Optimization Tool
  3. I am utilizing the following Graphics Mods:
    1. Scatterer
    2. EVE-Redux
    3. TU/TUFX
  4. These are the utility mods I will be using (some are also parts mods!)
    1. NRAP variable mass test payloads
    2. Editor Extensions
    3. Tweakscale
    4. SmartParts
    5. Kerbinside remastered and requirements
    6. ModularLaunchPads
    7. SCANSat
    8. KerbalAlarm Clock
  5. Additional Parts mods (may grow)
    1. Near Future (aka Nertea mods)
      1. Solar
      2. Exploration
      3. Cryoengines
      4. KerbolAtomics
      5. Electric
      6. StationPart Expansion and Redux
    2. Restock/Restock+
    3. Recycled Parts (Kommitz and Porkjet nukes mostly)
    4. Eisenhower Astronatuics
    5. Rocket Motor Menangarie (for CH4 Titan V launches!)

That is about it for now.  

KSPTOT author here!  Let me know if you need anything help with it. :)