[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

7 minutes ago, birdog357 said:

What purpose does the separate nose cones serve on the front of the outboard engines?

covers the Retro rockets

So on the Subject of the S-IVC(NASA)   I did another dive down the NTRS rabbit hole.   Found document 19680020292  Which comes up every time I search for S-IVC or S-4C...   Has the lunar HOPPER...  

4yf8Ph6.png?1

The one man Hopper is propelled by it's LEGS like a Kangaroo!   

Looking over the info... it is not a vehicle I would want to ride... also heavier the the Rover....

the four outer legs are basically springs to keep you upright while adding to the "jump" force....     The fact that some engineer thought this was a good idea... sheesh

Edited by Pappystein

7 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

covers the Retro rockets

So on the Subject of the S-IVC(NASA)   I did another dive down the NTRS rabbit hole.   Found document 19680020292  Which comes up every time I search for S-IVC or S-4C...   Has the lunar HOPPER...  

4yf8Ph6.png?1

The one man Hopper is propelled by it's LEGS like a Kangaroo!   

Looking over the info... it is not a vehicle I would want to ride... also heavier the the Rover....

the four outer legs are basically springs to keep you upright while adding to the "jump" force....     The fact that some engineer thought this was a good idea... sheesh

Could that be the same as this, just better informed?
lunar-leaper-psmar69.PNG
http://cyberneticzoo.com/walking-machines/1967-lunar-leaper-dr-howard-s-seifert-et-al-american/

5 minutes ago, Beccab said:

Potentially they are competing projects... 

I really should check the link you provide before I reply :D

The Lunar Leaper itself is not in my report but every other piece of art work/drawings is.  So yeah Same thing!

Fun part about the report I cited...   has the Fortran simulation program in the end... so if anyone has a Fortran IV system and has the punch cards to make the program... you could run the simulations that said this was a good idea yourself :D

Edited by Pappystein

17 minutes ago, birdog357 said:

More parts. I'm gonna need a bigger computer...

Had the same thought a while ago :D:D Modded KSP was one of the reasons for upgrading my PC so heavy this summer that the upgrade became more of a complete new system xD

@Cobaltwolf: Your modding can become costly :D;) Thank you :D

8 minutes ago, JoeSheridan said:

Had the same thought a while ago :D:D Modded KSP was one of the reasons for upgrading my PC so heavy this summer that the upgrade became more of a complete new system xD

I'm getting around 18GB of RAM usage when I load in then it settles to ~14GB of RAM.

And my rig is overbuilt AF. I've got an I7-10700k, 32GB of RAM and a 3070TI.

3 hours ago, davidy12 said:

I'm getting around 18GB of RAM usage when I load in then it settles to ~14GB of RAM.

"Nice" amount too, i get to 22-24 at the moment.... yes i use planet packs and yes i use a lot of mods. It´s around 18 after the loading.

1 hour ago, Beccab said:

Lunar SIVB base
Screenshot_8441.png

Next up either vertical lunar SIVB or station with Skylab sized modules

Nice one :):) I like it :)

1 minute ago, JoeSheridan said:

"Nice" amount too, i get to 22-24 at the moment.... yes i use planet packs and yes i use a lot of mods. It´s around 18 after the loading.

Nice one :):) I like it :)

I use JNSQ, TUFX, and TextureReplacer. And my rig still runs like butter. Gonna try and make some space stations in a few days so I'll see how well it takes that.  

4 hours ago, davidy12 said:

And my rig is overbuilt AF. I've got an I7-10700k, 32GB of RAM and a 3070TI.

I have 8 gb of ram. My pc is over 10 years old and wasn't bleeding edge when I built it.

Uhhh hey @Zorg

The new S-II fairings look really nice, however can I ask one small request? Would you be able to add a B9 switch to remove this truss from the middle of the 4.25m and the 6.25m fairings?

BqeHJfx.jpg
It’s nice and it works well in lots of situations, however I think quite a lot of situations would benefit from just having the outside ring and the fairing.

27 minutes ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Uhhh hey @Zorg

The new S-II fairings look really nice, however can I ask one small request? Would you be able to add a B9 switch to remove this truss from the middle of the 4.25m and the 6.25m fairings?

BqeHJfx.jpg
It’s nice and it works well in lots of situations, however I think quite a lot of situations would benefit from just having the outside ring and the fairing.

What kind of situations?

7 minutes ago, Zorg said:

What kind of situations?

I mean when I was making the S-II Wetlab that I posted on Twitter earlier, I wanted to have the top LH2 dome exposed so I can build on that. However when attaching the fairing, it completely converted the dome with a Truss. I tried to get rid of it by clipping the fairing in, but then half of it was in the fuel tank.

Other people may have reasons too, but that’s a main one for me. 

Was it intentional to remove the scaling function for the revamp branch Saturn fuel tanks? It is still there for the engine mounts and interstages, but not for the fuel tanks themselves. I was trying to recreate the Saturn C series with the new stuff but couldn't scale the tanks.

6 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Speaking of probes n stuff: do you happen to have a roadmap specifically for the pioneer 10 collection? just don't want to ask about stuff that's already on the to-do list.

Pioneer 10/11 stuff is all modelled, textured, and balanced. Just config polishing and other work like that is needed. In terms of official release, RAE is the last probe I'm doing before I release all currently made probes as an update. After that I'm going to move on to Pegasus.

Edited by Invaderchaos

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/466019166437244954/896622280531144734/unknown.png

The beast waits in its lair...

Spoiler

From top -> down:

- Leo Command module with a heatshield rated for Iota re-entry (GPP)

- 1.25m lab module and scientific equipment including a "Bloodhound" camera

- Propulsion module with solar array and engines

- LR-87 (LH2) for Iota departure

- Core booster with 1 E-1 and 2 LR-101 verniers

- 4 LRBs with 1 E-1 engine each