[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

EDIT:
... for anyone that has already downloaded the saturn dev-branch, and eventually is willing to test my recolors too, I have a VERY UNOFFICIAL fork of the old "BDB Now In Color", from when I helped to updated it to KSP 1.12.2 standards, that I'm using as "storage".
Aside all the past goodies still working (included the old Apollo parts, until official release of the newest one), there is present all the art I'm adding on my own.

Github link: https://github.com/Araym-KSP/BDBNIC
(keep it saved, because more will be coming in the near future ;p )

Edited by Araym

16 hours ago, Araym said:

Having fun with photoshop and the new Apollo models in development, I'm in the process to make some extra paints to complement the already official variations (mine will be release indipendently, as add-on):
for now I have "Boilerplate 1101A" and "Boilerplate 1102A" (and in the process to make "Boilerplate 23A").

screenshot35.png

screenshot36.png

Any chance you are taking on Boilerplate 1227?   The one that brought the Soviet Union and the US a little closer together by way of a wayward storm and a Spy ship thinking they were taking a great haul?

Only color photo of her that I could find prior to being turned into a Time Capsule:

s66-22690_orig.jpg

Edited by Pappystein

29 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Any chance you are taking on Boilerplate 1227?   The one that brought the Soviet Union and the US a little closer together by way of a wayward storm and a Spy ship thinking they were taking a great haul?

Only color photo of her that I could find prior to being turned into a Time Capsule:

s66-22690_orig.jpg

Sounds like there’s an interesting story that I have yet to hear. Where can I find more about the Apollo boilerplates and their fates?

3 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Sounds like there’s an interesting story that I have yet to hear. Where can I find more about the Apollo boilerplates and their fates?

Most of the Boilerplates have humdrum existences.  With the exceptions of the Flight test articles that @Araym is doing an amazing job with.    They are hum-drum Mass/size/displacement simulators for training people how to deal with the real thing.  The bulk of these Simulators are made of galvanized steel and wouldn't survive a test launch let alone a landing.  They were often placed where a recovery crew could practice the Post astronaut recovery.  

https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=26511.0

http://www.collectspace.com/ubb/Forum14/HTML/000089.html

There is a Youtube video of the Restoration of at the New Mexico Space Museum... it is BP-1207... 

as you can see 1207 is similar to the picture for 1227.      The Smithsonian has about 50 entries for Apollo Boilerplate... some are dupes but that means they own an aweful lot of them.

4 minutes ago, EDS_Pilot said:

So, I, being really weird and all, posted a lot more screenshots of the X20R-1 mission, that I would like to post here, but I don't want to clutter the forum. Would it be okay to post them?

Screenshots are always okay. If it's going to be more than a few, put most of them into a spoiler so they don't take up much space when it's closed. If it is going to be like 15+, I would recommend putting them in Imgur, posting a few here on the forum then linking the the full album. 

Edited by GoldForest

1 minute ago, GoldForest said:

Screenshots are always okay. If it's going to be more than a few, put most of them into a spoiler. If it is going to be like 15+, I would recommend putting them in Imgur, posting a few here on the forum then linking the the full album. 

Okay,  thanks.

Maybe a 'highlight reel', or something in that vein.

1 hour ago, EDS_Pilot said:

So, here's the issue, the link to the post won't appear, it says it's 'rich text' and won't appear, even if I click the reason to convert to plain text.

If your using Imgur just right click the image and press copy image address. You can paste that link it forms into the forum.

14 hours ago, Pappystein said:

I didn't know about the story (your request moved my interest to do a bit of research).

It's an curious story, for sure notably...
... but I have to admit that looking at the capsule itself, it's not really particulary interesting as "design".

By my choice (now that is possible to place decals at will, with "Conformal decals" and related add-ons) I avoid to put writing non essential for the design on any of my repaint: this is done to allow the best personalization by anyone (... those running "real names"... or those running fictiona, kerbal, agencies). So the only "standing" particulary (the "NASA" logo) would be omitted.
That leaves with "a gray capsule" with no particulary feature. Basically it will be a plain Apollo default capsule, without the TU shader applied. Probably jthe only difference would be the omission of the "tape" that make all the fine lines wrapping around the capsule.
It could be an easy task, however: I just need to desaturate to grey my already done file for the BP 1102A and tune down the reflection (BP 1102 has a more reflective surface... BP 1227 seems a simple, opaque, finish)...

... I'll look at it, eventually: I have actually some plans already for some more interesting designs, but for sure it could be done (also as stand in for numerous, similar, grey boilerplates)

Edited by Araym

15 hours ago, Pappystein said:

s66-22690_orig.jpg

Did anyone loose a boilerplate???

screenshot50.png

BP 1227 ready to be handled back by Soviets to Americans.
No "NASA" marking to let anyone use his own preferred (real, finctional or whatever), with "Conformal Decals".
Added to my BDBNIC fork:
Link - https://github.com/Araym-KSP/BDBNIC

Entire family on display:
screenshot51.png

Edited by Araym

11 minutes ago, shakuvendell said:

What versions of KSP is the Apollo Revamp Beta compatible with? Is it 1.12 only, or will it work with my preferred 1.8/1.9 without issues?

it works with 1.11.1 and prob. all 1.11 versions but idk about 1.8/1.9