[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

9 hours ago, Morphisor said:

Ranger Block 2 asks the player to successfully execute the intended mission of Ranger 3-5, performing science on approach of a moon and dropping off the rough lander probe. The existing Ranger mission must be completed first; some of the experiments from that mission have been moved to this new one, to properly differentiate between block 1 and block 2 parts and missions.

Having SCANSat renders this contract impossible to complete, again (already reported on Github).

9 hours ago, Morphisor said:

The Apollo mission should be fairly obvious in what's intended. Don't think it will be an easy 'land on x and return' mission though, you will be asked to follow the profile of the Apollo 15/16 missions, including a separate surface lander and return to main spacecraft and a separate sub-satellite launch. It looks a little daunting in mission control, but frankly so does the real thing!

Speaking of manned contracts, how do I trigger Gemini contract? Both relevant tech tree nodes are unlocked, and I've made multiple manned flights (both simple orbit and back and rescue contracts, all at LKO). I see multiple satellite contracts, but no Gemini.

2 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Having SCANSat renders this contract impossible to complete, again (already reported on Github).

Speaking of manned contracts, how do I trigger Gemini contract? Both relevant tech tree nodes are unlocked, and I've made multiple manned flights (both simple orbit and back and rescue contracts, all at LKO). I see multiple satellite contracts, but no Gemini.

You were right quick to spot that, I had already noticed it before and the fix was up shortly after you posted!

As for Gemini, I went to double check it loading for the homeworld, and indeed found that I was unable to get to trigger for the homeworld - every other world was fine though. I swear it worked before, without changing the target syntax :huh: Anyhow, in order to be extra sure it will always work in the future, I just submitted an expanded target selection method for the Gemini contract; should be usable soon!

2 hours ago, Morphisor said:

You were right quick to spot that, I had already noticed it before and the fix was up shortly after you posted!

Doesn't seem to work, at least for me - I still get radar altimeter objective on the latest dev build, even after numerous declines and refreshes. FYI, I'm using the latest SCANsat dev version (19.3), although it doesn't seem to be a problem in this case (all other SCANSat-related MM patches work fine) got the bug, see github

Also, still no Gemini contract, even with latest fixes. Maybe it gets flooded by other contract types?

Edited by biohazard15

13 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Doesn't seem to work, at least for me - I still get radar altimeter objective on the latest dev build, even after numerous declines and refreshes. FYI, I'm using the latest SCANsat dev version (19.3), although it doesn't seem to be a problem in this case (all other SCANSat-related MM patches work fine) got the bug, see github

Also, still no Gemini contract, even with latest fixes. Maybe it gets flooded by other contract types?

The fix is now fixed, sorry about that.

As for getting offered a Gemini (or any other contract): be sure to check if all the contract requirements are green (satisfied); you can check this in mission control under the tab 'all'. It's also quite possible/likely it's not generating simply because you already got plenty of other BDB contracts in the list - I put a limit of 6 contracts for the whole group and 1 per type, so as to not spam mission control with these missions. If you satisfy all requirements and it's still not in, all you can do is decline some of the others to make room for it and/or fast forward the time with a number of days to allow 'natural' regen.

Hi Cobalt, thank you for making THE best mod in KSP!

Since you are currently doing a Gemini revamp, is there any plan for parts of the Gemini direct ascend concept, as well as a service module that would fit the small lander?

Saw both direct ascend and the "Gemini EOR" concept with the small lander in BASPM, so I'm curious if BDB would have parts for those missions eventually.

Thanks~

2 hours ago, Morphisor said:

As for getting offered a Gemini (or any other contract): be sure to check if all the contract requirements are green (satisfied); you can check this in mission control under the tab 'all'. It's also quite possible/likely it's not generating simply because you already got plenty of other BDB contracts in the list - I put a limit of 6 contracts for the whole group and 1 per type, so as to not spam mission control with these missions. If you satisfy all requirements and it's still not in, all you can do is decline some of the others to make room for it and/or fast forward the time with a number of days to allow 'natural' regen.

Hmm, it seems that "return from manned orbit" does not register properly - it's stuck at "unmet", while I've returned crews more than 10 times, including a Gemini I've launched, orbited for an in-game day and landed just to check if this requirement was reset after installing the newest dev build. There also may be a problem with Mariner contract - all requirements are green, but it never spawns.

WRT Ranger missions - maybe put a hard cap on these instead of disabling them after returning from surface? All Ranger experiments give 100% science on the first run or require a more advanced experiment. Thus, after three or so runs it becomes a money exploit.

2 hours ago, Echo11 said:

Hi Cobalt, thank you for making THE best mod in KSP!

Since you are currently doing a Gemini revamp, is there any plan for parts of the Gemini direct ascend concept, as well as a service module that would fit the small lander?

Saw both direct ascend and the "Gemini EOR" concept with the small lander in BASPM, so I'm curious if BDB would have parts for those missions eventually.

Thanks~

As of right now I'm really just focusing on getting back up to where we were in terms of Gemini content; I'm not planning on adding entirely new mission profiles. I do know that the Gemini Direct Ascent would have to wait until the Saturn revamp since the diameter is tied to the S-IVB diameter. Same for the Big G '67 (conical SM).

Apologies for the lack of progress/updates lately y'all. Made the mistake of buying Fallout 76 and have just been like... depression gaming for a week straight now.

2 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Hmm, it seems that "return from manned orbit" does not register properly - it's stuck at "unmet", while I've returned crews more than 10 times, including a Gemini I've launched, orbited for an in-game day and landed just to check if this requirement was reset after installing the newest dev build. There also may be a problem with Mariner contract - all requirements are green, but it never spawns.

WRT Ranger missions - maybe put a hard cap on these instead of disabling them after returning from surface? All Ranger experiments give 100% science on the first run or require a more advanced experiment. Thus, after three or so runs it becomes a money exploit.

Odd that you're having so much trouble getting contracts to spawn, might be cc or stock progression shenanigans, which is mostly out of my control other than changing the requirements. I will do some more testing later this week, make sure it's nothing on my end.

As for Ranger, it's not really feasible to limit the amount of times it's offered, since that may prevent it being offered later in career for further exploration. Money is never really an issue for any career player who really wants to earn it, it's REALLY easy to rig/abuse the stock contracts for massive profit. I'm pretty sure we're at a point where we can expect users to use their own discretion to consider what's reasonable, balance is adjustable in this game anyhow.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

As of right now I'm really just focusing on getting back up to where we were in terms of Gemini content; I'm not planning on adding entirely new mission profiles. I do know that the Gemini Direct Ascent would have to wait until the Saturn revamp since the diameter is tied to the S-IVB diameter. Same for the Big G '67 (conical SM).

Apologies for the lack of progress/updates lately y'all. Made the mistake of buying Fallout 76 and have just been like... depression gaming for a week straight now.

Copy that, thanks for the update!

I know first hand the "magic" of Fallout series (and other Bethesda title like TES series), and how time flies when playing those games, good luck~

Also - the new boiloff is indeed too harsh on default difficulty settings. The aforementioned HOSS lost around 1000 m/s dV after around 30 minutes of coasting at 120km, most of the time it was in the dark. This led to mission failure, since it had insufficient fuel to boost that Mariner towards Eve (granted, this was "launch ASAP" flight, with 2500 m/s required, but still...).

For now, I've set difficulty to 20% - it still feels that it boils off faster than before, but it's way more manageable (and HOSS managed to hold barely enough LH2 for that 2500 m/s burn).

21 minutes ago, Kerbal01 said:

BDB Real Names config appears to be broken in the latest dev branch. None of the names are changed.

That config hasnt changed in months and is still working as far as I can see. Please make sure its installed correctly (there are no duplicates or an older version of the file kicking about). failing that would need to see  MMPatch.log in Kerbal Space Program/Logs/ModuleManager

New generic spin decouplers in 0.9375m and 0.625m sizes in addition to the existing Vanguard 0.3125m one.

Note that they dont need additional decouplers above or below. Staging will decouple the spin table from below and initiate the spin motors. Once the spin up is complete, jettison from the SRM by using the part action window or an action group for the Jettison command.

The sidewalls are an autoshroud that appears as soon as you place something below it.

screen_2560x1920_2020-04-28_00-08-32.png

screen_2560x1920_2020-04-28_00-08-59.png

screenshot466.png?width=1535&height=863

On 4/25/2020 at 2:03 PM, biohazard15 said:

Wait what? All my life I thought that 1.5-stage Atlases flew with boosters arranged horizontally, like any other rocket with two side-mounted boosters, because that's what aerodynamics suggest.

Live and learn, I guess :P

ACtually, and I admit I am guessing.   Having the Boosters vertical will likely give the LR-101s more "power" on the pitch over (2 are pitching instead of 1 plus the other side sorta fighting it)

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Hey, Battletech Advanced 3062 released their long awaited Clans update and I have been down that rabbit hole for the last two weeks.  I get that :)

Delta 1410, the last all-white Delta:

1rRgEQz.png

delta109.jpg

53 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

ACtually, and I admit I am guessing.   Having the Boosters vertical will likely give the LR-101s more "power" on the pitch over (2 are pitching instead of 1 plus the other side sorta fighting it)

That makes sense. Although I guess that at this point sustainer's gimbal would play the "lead role".

1 hour ago, biohazard15 said:

That makes sense. Although I guess that at this point sustainer's gimbal would play the "lead role".

While the LR89s had Gimble, The video I have showing Their movement, the LR-105 is seen to move... SLIGHTlY.  Mostly when the LR89s hit their stops.  That could just be a shockwave running through the structure (or an optical illusion.)  I don't THINK the LR105 gimbals!

I know the LR89 Gimbal was supposedly for "Roll Control"  Making the LR101s PITCH control and or YAW control.   But.. as we all know, none of us worked on the program so we are GUESSING :)

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

While the LR89s had Gimble, The video I have showing Their movement, the LR-105 is seen to move... SLIGHTlY.  Mostly when the LR89s hit their stops.  That could just be a shockwave running through the structure (or an optical illusion.)  I don't THINK the LR105 gimbals!

I know the LR89 Gimbal was supposedly for "Roll Control"  Making the LR101s PITCH control and or YAW control.   But.. as we all know, none of us worked on the program so we are GUESSING :)

The LR-105 did gimbal (see: gimbal bearing), as did the booster engines.  The verniers provided very little thrust and only provided roll control after the boosters were dropped, then full 3 axis control after the sustainer was cut off.

I know the LR89 Gimbal was supposedly for "Roll Control"  Making the LR101s PITCH control and or YAW control.   But.. as we all know, none of us worked on the program so we are GUESSING

16 minutes ago, blowfish said:

The LR-105 did gimbal (see: gimbal bearing), as did the booster engines.  The verniers provided very little thrust and only provided roll control after the boosters were dropped, then full 3 axis control after the sustainer was cut off.

One thing: Atlas II, which had no verniers and used cold gas thrusters for roll control. This disproves the theory that verniers were essential for pitch\yaw control.

6 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

Recently finished a mission roving around the Mun to hit 7 biomes. Came in with Apollo Direct Ascent Landers and used the Sina descent stage for the Shelter/Habs and MOLAB.

Hide contents

ZU8yK4N.png

BrdQAVY.png

Full Album

That’s so awesome. Do you have craft files available for those ships?

Edited by PhantomC3PO

8 hours ago, cxg2827 said:

Recently finished a mission roving around the Mun to hit 7 biomes. Came in with Apollo Direct Ascent Landers and used the Sina descent stage for the Shelter/Habs and MOLAB.

Reveal hidden contents

Full Album

Nice,   REAL NICE,  Could you list what parts are in the Apollo Decent stage, I recognize the TR201/LM Decent engine, but not the tanks or engine mount.

Edited by Pappystein

Could you list what parts are in the Apollo Decent stage, I recognize the TR201/LM Decent engine, but not the tanks or engine mount.

SIV-3125 Fairing Base (Not staged)

SIV-3200 Tank

Herakles-S2MFYE Engine Mount