[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

So A Skylab "Simple" Request.    Can the Solar wings be made retractable?

AZapurT.jpg

I won't post the other images... the Radiator clears the solar wing by INCHES in KSP....at this juncture the ISS has more power available with that one solar array than both of the arrays from Skylab and the Russian sgement combined.

That seems like a you problem. Interesting station though, I’ve heard of some Skylab extensions programs but haven’t seen much info.

So I was an idiot in my first attempt at the ISS (full proposed build)   So here is the first launch for my second attempt (new save)  

LUiI1Ui.jpg

Oops!   The fairing hit the Solar panel (300 force was breaking the Airlock fairing base!)      my skylab is real :D

Excluding the Addition of Skylab as well as a few other modules from ETS and other space station mods... here is the "proposed" ISS:

ZwDKd25.jpg

Edited by Pappystein

1 hour ago, Aussie Toad Stool said:

@CobaltWolf Hi i am getting  errors stopping the game from loading any ideas on a fix?

bo1N1vw.png

ksp log here as well https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ij9wo2qtDYdMDgkX2Y1-J36Eu700kWxt/view?usp=sharing

Module manager logs here if needed ModuleManager.log

MMpatch.log

I can read smth. with drag cubes there

which version of ksp do you play with? also, do you have all the dependencies? and do you have other mods installed?

14 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Atlas V revamp?

What I’m about to say might get me crucified, but I think the Atlas tankage (from the original Atlas missile to the Atlas V) deserves an eventual revamp. The booster skirt and engines all seem fine to me, but the tanks in photographs always appear so much whiter and smoother, to the point where they’re about the same color as the Centaur-D’s insulation. Granted, this is due to ice forming on the rocket’s sides and the Atlas didn’t look that way unfueled, but I think it could be a nice touch.

Edit; photographic evidence:

480px-Surveyor_1_launch.jpg

493px-Mercury-Atlas_3_launch.jpg417px-DF-SC-99-00074_cropped_and_rotated

Edited by pTrevTrevs

2 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

What I’m about to say might get me crucified, but I think the Atlas tankage (from the original Atlas missile to the Atlas V) deserves an eventual revamp. The booster skirt and engines all seem fine to me, but the tanks in photographs always appear so much whiter and smoother, to the point where they’re about the same color as the Centaur-D’s insulation. Granted, this is due to ice forming on the rocket’s sides and the Atlas didn’t look that way unfueled, but I think it could be a nice touch.

You're 100% right, but you also gotta remember that not only does it take time to make that, but that the devs are also making other really cool stuff in that time.

2 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

You're 100% right, but you also gotta remember that not only does it take time to make that, but that the devs are also making other really cool stuff in that time.

Keyword: “eventual”

51 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

480px-Surveyor_1_launch.jpg

493px-Mercury-Atlas_3_launch.jpg417px-DF-SC-99-00074_cropped_and_rotated

It seems to me that this is the reason for choosing the color of the Atlas:

35429_1445372490.jpg

3 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

The "white" tanks are not painted white. Its a thin layer of ice because of the cold LOX inside.

The same with Atlas V. At wikipedia you can see a photo of a Atlas V with ice at launch and and how it crumble away after launch.

Edited by Cheesecake

3 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Once Im done with Skylab Im revisiting the older Atlas (not Atlas V). The booster skirt, core tank and engines are what need revisiting. The extension tanks will not be touched nor will the overall style of the textures for the redone main tank. We haver never incorporated ice into the texture and dont intend to do so in the future.

6 hours ago, Cochies said:

It seems to me that this is the reason for choosing the color of the Atlas:

35429_1445372490.jpg

Yep THAT is the real color of Altas Tanks :D

For the most part (some did have paint on them but that was mostly for test launches and NEVER White unless it was a contrast color to black)

Edited by Pappystein

iaeUHFd.jpg

Got Bob to the station to fix the broken solar wing.    Good news too only 4 eva parts (IE it was totally destroyed as 4 is the max you can use)  But as you can see both my cobbled together Russian SPP segment is up and the solar wings on the the Skylab are down.   Meaning my patch worked (Thanks @Zorg for the shove.)

I sort of crashed my Original "Full ISS" Friday... Didn't even realize it until yesterday when I was loading up and getting ready to launch one of the Truss parts...  The ISS was Already starting Atmo. :(  I saved half of the crew on the BigG (the station broke up before I could save everyone.)    Rage quit and start a new career... the above is where I am currently at!

I really messed up the re-positioning of Z0 and S0 Trusses to cause that :(

Fully synopsis here:

The Titan III and IV are getting a dedicated launch stand (styled after the real mobile launch platform) in v2.2 of Modular Launch Pads. Designed to fit the mast and service tower snugly against the rocket like IRL, yet still being a symmetrical square shape so it rotates properly.

Titan IIIE-Centaur (the platform was white at that time)

OUy3Urz.png

iNcbqRc.png

Titan IV, with the elevated center section and gold-ish color (the Vanguard stand's yellow standing in for it):

gLxVHqO.png

t7nquKE.png

Just now, Cochies said:

Can't figure out if the mod has adapters directly from 1.5 to 0.938 meters?
Or is it always necessary to use 2 adapters: 1.5-1.25 and 1.25-0.938 meters?

The titan I nosecone has a 1.5 to 0.938 adapter option.

On 5/31/2021 at 8:59 PM, Starhelperdude said:

then please tell me/us about it

wait, now I realize

In seriousness, Pegasus is a 5.5m super-centaur, like ACES but even moreso. With a propellant load of about 75 metric tons, that gives it a length of about 9.65 meters in the tanks, plus a bit more for the RL-10 engines. What else were you looking to know? 

13 minutes ago, e of pi said:

In seriousness, Pegasus is a 5.5m super-centaur, like ACES but even moreso. With a propellant load of about 75 metric tons, that gives it a length of about 9.65 meters in the tanks, plus a bit more for the RL-10 engines. What else were you looking to know? 

Does it launch on all non-crewed Saturn MBs or just the big fairing ones? 

37 minutes ago, e of pi said:

What else were you looking to know? 

Not entirely on the Pegasus topic, but still ETS related:

What was the Boeing Neptune proposal for ELVRP1? 

Edit: I realize now you might not have come up with a proposal for plot and because Boeing would win the ELVRP2 with Multibody. 

Edit 2: also it’s been a decade :o

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff

11 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

Does it launch on all non-crewed Saturn MBs or just the big fairing ones? 

It is (as I recall, this is going on a half decade ago now) developed for and used exclusively by lunar missions. It's too heavy to fit on anything much smaller, it only fits with the cargo lander by using some of its own propellant for ascent.

6 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Not entirely on the Pegasus topic, but still ETS related:

What was the Boeing Neptune proposal for ELVRP1? 

Edit: I realize now you might not have come up with a proposal for plot and because Boeing would win the ELVRP2 with Multibody. 

Edit 2: also it’s been a decade :o

Yeah, I don't think we had more details there. As you said, it was intended to be a throw-away line, mostly setting up ELVRP2.

@Friznit
If I'm working on a RSU STS ship file to send your way (sorry this took so long, I missed your post at first and only noticed it recently), how would you suggest setting up an install for the purpose? ie., would you suggest just setting up an install with only BDB and the other mods I think I need to make something that works? For that matter, I'm assuming that I should try and minimize the number of mods other than BDB that are needed?