[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it by searching.  Is there any way to have what's inside of the Sarnus-SIVB-BLAM / SLAM occluded from drag like it is inside of the Sarnus-SIVB-LAM(F)?

LOtZr6r.png

Those little ion RCS thrusters make darn fine OMS engines for lightweight orbital probes when you need precision. Like, ~2.5ms orbital period correction level precision. :D 

Unfortunately, my current MechJeb software package doesn't like to give me dV readouts for bipropellant RCS, which this technically qualifies as. So... No clue just how good of an engine this actually is.

1 hour ago, Geonovast said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it by searching.  Is there any way to have what's inside of the Sarnus-SIVB-BLAM / SLAM occluded from drag like it is inside of the Sarnus-SIVB-LAM(F)?

All three shield what's inside them. You can test by trying to extend solar panels placed inside with an action group.

21 minutes ago, Jso said:

All three shield what's inside them. You can test by trying to extend solar panels placed inside with an action group.

Ok.

ezgif262d891074b28.gif

I also launched two rockets.  They were identical except one used the BLAM/SLAM setup, and one used the LAMF.  I used an MP tank inside the fairing as ballast because the LAM(F) weighs 0.2T more than the BLAM with 4 SLAMs on it.  The rockets are 121.034t for the BLAM, and 121.042t for the LAMF.

BLAM/SLAM:

363screenshot223.png

screenshot239.png

67bscreenshot255.png

The Mk1-3 capsule inside the fairing has a drag number, and the highest altitude is ~506km.

LAMF:

7f8screenshot256.png

screenshot262.png

screenshot264.png

The Mk1-3 capsule inside the fairing doesn't have a drag number, and the highest altitude is ~604km.

4 minutes ago, Jso said:

Need a ksp.log and a GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache. You should see this:

ModuleManage.ConfigCache: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OilSexcfauP5IPlJnFIcypYLCdmJGWWt

KSP.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AQVqIGbJ6Mi0BL1XrL9cPUmyGLMDt-WK

I do get that message with the LAMF.

@Geonovast you're using an older version of BDB. It works correctly in the current version. If you can't update because you're in the middle of a career game you'll have to put up with it. There's no simple config fix I can give you, since it required some custom code to get those working.

2 minutes ago, Jso said:

@Geonovast you're using an older version of BDB. It works correctly in the current version. If you can't update because you're in the middle of a career game you'll have to put up with it. There's no simple config fix I can give you, since it required some custom code to get those working.

Well, it seems I am.  I apparently downloaded the newer version, but never got around to actually upgrading it.  Sorry about that.

All is well now, thank you!

11 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

LOtZr6r.png

Those little ion RCS thrusters make darn fine OMS engines for lightweight orbital probes when you need precision. Like, ~2.5ms orbital period correction level precision. :D 

Unfortunately, my current MechJeb software package doesn't like to give me dV readouts for bipropellant RCS, which this technically qualifies as. So... No clue just how good of an engine this actually is.

Oh awesome! That's one of the first times I've ever seen anyone use those parts.

6 hours ago, hieywiey said:

Is the IUS planned? Because I know it flew on top of the Titan 34D and Titan IV a couple of times.

Yes, also just cus Pak seems to have abandoned his. I actually started working on it for the last update but wound up setting it on the backburner to push up the release date. It's fully modeled and ready to be unwrapped. Im also interested in it as an upgrade for Titan 23GS. :)

Hey

This is really a great job. I love the Shina Cockpit and LEM looking  like Apollo LEM and Capsule, but is it really design to work on RSS ?

I tried many Moon landings on RSS and I am missing 270 DV each time landing at an altitude of 7000m. And I am also missing DV for Ascent.....

47 minutes ago, gilflo said:

Hey

This is really a great job. I love the Shina Cockpit and LEM looking  like Apollo LEM and Capsule, but is it really design to work on RSS ?

I tried many Moon landings on RSS and I am missing 270 DV each time landing at an altitude of 7000m. And I am also missing DV for Ascent.....

These parts are made for the stock game, not RSS. Realism Overhaul has patches but only for a handful of the parts, I'm afraid.

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Oh awesome! That's one of the first times I've ever seen anyone use those parts.

It seems that by the Time I have unlocked these I no longer have a need for them in Career play.  Every one of my last three Careers I have said "I am going to use those Ion parts this time."    Every time I fail to....  :(

Glad to see your Titan work is making it into the game! :)

4 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

I thought they were balanced for 2.5x?

Yup.  So are most of the  stock parts.... Except some of the Making History parts

Edited by Pappystein

Speaking of the tech tree, the MSC Dome Antenna for the MOS orbital is under UnmannedTech, presumably for balance as it's a reasonably powerful direct antenna.  However, it's quite late in the tree compared to the rest of the MOS parts.  By the time you get there I find the MOS is pretty much redundant and replaced by Skylab.

19 minutes ago, Friznit said:

Speaking of the tech tree, the MSC Dome Antenna for the MOS orbital is under UnmannedTech, presumably for balance as it's a reasonably powerful direct antenna.  However, it's quite late in the tree compared to the rest of the MOS parts.  By the time you get there I find the MOS is pretty much redundant and replaced by Skylab.

Fairly sure that's for Skylab though I don't have the game in front of me.

Edited by CobaltWolf