[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

14 minutes ago, Jso said:

It's the mach number for the reentry effects.

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Jso said:

This is mine:

@PHYSICSGLOBALS:Final
{
	// AeroFX
    @aeroFXStartThermalFX = 7.3 // 2.5
    @aeroFXFullThermalFX = 10 // 3.75

// Temp warnings
	@temperatureGaugeHighlightThreshold = 0.95 // 0.75
}

Is that temperatureGaugeHighlightThreshold on a scale of 0 to 1?

EDIT: Never mind, I see now that Physics.cfg is surprisingly well documented. Here's the relevant line:

temperatureGaugeHighlightThreshold = 0.75 // When skin temp / max skin temp greater than this, edge highlighting becomes visible

Edited by jefferyharrell

I decided to make good use of the new Saturn 1B parts...

Skylab Wetlab concept

xelvj7H.png

By the way, there’s a really weird Shadow glitch that appeared about a week ago. I don’t know what has caused it, but it might be BDB, so don’t mind the shadows lol 

Launch

YEJdwrX.png

Spoiler

kXI1Ej2.png

9gR2icS.png

SXcdJuE.png
pKnbdAc.png
22oofB2.png

mot1INt.png

jC7xNE3.png

Spoiler

8fg7HeE.png
g5MEysY.png
KBeUJOp.png

pjNlCk0.png
KFn1Vxi.png

IzKCm34.png

rfi5MaY.png
rnU3j9O.png

Array Deployment

qPVEwav.png

aT6Ihyw.png

sMJCNjT.png

On 9/26/2021 at 12:52 PM, zakkpaz said:

the Transit 5 solar panels are bugged for me, they always load looking like they are deployed, they'll reset back to the stowed position and run the normal animation when i deploy them and then i can fold them back down.

has anyone else had this issue?

Ok it should be fixed now. Let me know if this issue persists.

27 minutes ago, MrStayPuft said:

How about LM panel varieties?

As I know over the Apollo missions the Lem has had different panel material including the descent stage as well.

https://pfinspace.com/lmdata/otherlms.html

BDBNIC will probably cover that

Edited by TruthfulGnome

6 hours ago, Invaderchaos said:

Ok it should be fixed now. Let me know if this issue persists.

so I ran the mod in 1.11.2 and i had no problems with the panel, I think the issue might be with b9partswitch.

I'm using the included version, is there a newer one for 1.12?

3 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

so I ran the mod in 1.11.2 and i had no problems with the panel, I think the issue might be with b9partswitch.

I'm using the included version, is there a newer one for 1.12?

I believe its an issue specific to KSP 1.12 and how animations are handled. Not related to B9. Will see once Invader is able to try my suggested fix.

14 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

I decided to make good use of the new Saturn 1B parts...

Skylab Wetlab concept

xelvj7H.png

By the way, there’s a really weird Shadow glitch that appeared about a week ago. I don’t know what has caused it, but it might be BDB, so don’t mind the shadows lol 

Launch

YEJdwrX.png

Reveal hidden contents

kXI1Ej2.png

9gR2icS.png

SXcdJuE.png
pKnbdAc.png
22oofB2.png

mot1INt.png

jC7xNE3.png

Reveal hidden contents

8fg7HeE.png
g5MEysY.png
KBeUJOp.png

pjNlCk0.png
KFn1Vxi.png

IzKCm34.png

rfi5MaY.png
rnU3j9O.png

Array Deployment

qPVEwav.png

aT6Ihyw.png

sMJCNjT.png

this is a really cool idea/concept! hehehe I'm gonna copy it

3 hours ago, Beccab said:

Wasn't that the original Skylab project before the apollo 20 Saturn V was designated to this mission instead? 

Yes it was. It was the concept of choice as AAP was refined in the late 1960’s.  Even though you had the massive LH2 and LOX tanks to live and work in, there was an obvious limitation on how much gear could be installed after getting it to orbit. The dry lab concept (aka Skylab) was the better option because everything could be installed on the ground and the internal volumes much more efficiently used. Once a Saturn V became available AAP immediately shifted focus to the dry lab concept. We got a much more capable station and lab for far less effort. If only we had followed through… sigh.

Edited by DaveyJ576
Correction

2 minutes ago, DaveyJ576 said:

Yes it was. It was the concept of choice as AAP was refined in the mid to late 1960’s.  Even though you had the massive LH2 and LOX tanks to live and work in, there was an obvious limitation on how much gear could be installed after getting it to orbit. The dry lab concept (aka Skylab) was the better option because everything could be installed on the ground and the internal volumes much more efficiently used. Once a Saturn V became available AAP immediately shifted focus to the dry lab concept. We got a much more capable station and lab for far less effort. If only we had followed through… sigh.

Honestly I wonder if the timeline where Skylab is a wet workshop wouldn't have been better. Sure, Skylab is a bit less capable, but it didn't really use all that volume either and maybe with the converted tank space station experience NASA gains the Shuttle External Tank wet workshop could have been done

AAP = Apollo Applications Program. It was a project that ran concurrent to Project Apollo “to develop science-based human spaceflight missions using hardware developed for the Apollo program.” There are some very interesting possibilities that were never implemented. It morphed into Skylab. 

Edited by DaveyJ576
Modification

1 hour ago, serg1983 said:

Why not all the details in BDB support RSS RO
game version 1.10.1

Support for BDB is done by the Realism Overhaul volunteers, not the BDB authors (The compatibility files are also in RealismOverhaul, not BDB). Best way to add support for missing stuff is to contribute them yourself to the Realism Overhaul repository :)

Edited by Zorg

20 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

Nope still happening, any chance it's a compatibility issue?

Yea, Zorg was right. It was an export issue with Unity. You used to be able to export the part with the animation deployed in Unity so it would show deployed in the VAB part menu. However in 1.12 this would also make it deployed when you get it from the VAB. I uploaded the fix along with a fix for the same issue for my other parts.

is it possible to make the parts for a ALSS Lunar Base?

http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/a/apolor.gif

modifying the Venus flyby environmental systems module by adding a hatch and geting rid of the SLA should be enough for it to squeeze into the  normal fairings. then we'd just need a way of attaching the Service Module upside-down and a fairing for its engine.

Also the node for the LM is in the in wrong place  the little tabs on the landing legs should sit just on top of the base, instead there pretty low downSLA%20dessin.png

1 hour ago, zakkpaz said:

Also the node for the LM is in the in wrong place  the little tabs on the landing legs should sit just on top of the base, instead there pretty low down

The node needed to be adjusted, thank you.

Not sure on the ALSS. You do make an interesting point about it though... maybe worth looking at once we have the LM-Truck.

Ahhhh... The rocket

58 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

S-IV made it in game, with some fun tweakable options. Still need to do the first stage components for the Saturn 1 Block II.

FAfuPD8WYAMyUqb?format=png&name=900x900
FAft_L9WYAUQ736?format=jpg&name=large
FAfuD8aXsAAwpCX?format=jpg&name=large
FAfuGKAWEAIfSDP?format=jpg&name=large

Ahhh... The rocket that started BDBs path to Saturn. Can still remember begging you for this rocket since FASA didn't have a good Saturn I analogue.

PS: Out of curiosity, are any of you guys gonna make us able to jettison the CM Drogue into the LM Drogue when in orbit around the Mun?

9 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

PS: Out of curiosity, are any of you guys gonna make us able to jettison the CM Drogue into the LM Drogue when in orbit around the Mun?

oh, you mean the docking  drogue for a second i thought you were talking about parachutes, yeah i do kinda miss being able to do that.

i think the part that was ejected was called the docking ring

Edited by zakkpaz

57 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Uh. Try it now? Idk if it works but I added it lmao. If not I'll take a closer look tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Uh. Try it now? Idk if it works but I added it lmao. If not I'll take a closer look tomorrow night.

lvZXGke.png

"KOD DAMMIT SCOTT I TOLD  YOU TO CHECK OUR STAGING!!!"

A simple fix and honestly @CobaltWolf IT WORKS LIKE A DREAM.

PS: Just a general question to @AmateurAstronaut1969, how do you get the reflective CSM? I've got TUFX and reflections on, my computer has more than enough power to render it, but it's not showing up.

Also, will we see different paint schemes on the S-1 stage (IE: How in Apollo 7 it was black and white and in Skylab/ASTP launches it was just white)? And just another notice, the S-IVB SLA Jettison is still pretty anemic.