[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

Really???  Two of my wishes at ONCE!   Christmas in Jul...errr May!  

I assume that 5 bell engine is an LR-87 5 bell derivative?   Is it Hydrolox or Hypergolic?

Yeah just 5 of them in a 1 part cluster, similar to the stock Mammoth. It'd be hypergolic.

On 5/9/2017 at 2:37 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Some misc canoodling in Maya due to @TimothyC's prodding, and because I can't find my tablet pen at the moment. Large Diameter Titan parts, to fill out the 3.125m size family, and a test of the E-1 engine, seeing how much I can reuse from F-1. It needs a lot of work still.

~Epic Snip~

Time Two Hype With An Axe in Each Hand!!!

Titan 3L2 and 3L4

Titan 3 LDC

Titan Barbarian

7b2.jpeg

I give up on making the non meme images work just click the links...

(Super topical Meme here... cuz he's making Titan Barbarian... Get it??? plz no ban me...)

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus

Hrm   So as some of you know, I have been trying to make a Low cost launcher but due to issues I have yet to figure out... The BDB parts like to go all splodie.   And I can't add MechJeb via the global MM file.   Two big things holding me back.   So instead of going the route of hoping when the parachute lands the stage it will land soft enough to not explode (less than 2m/s apparently on water!) I decided to try to make a landable booster in SPH and then attach it to a rocket in VAB.    Here is my first result (Please note all photos are AFTER seperation from the main rocket.

Mods used?  What you see here is a combination of BDB, Stock, my MM file to give various sizes of Airbrakes (these are too big for this craft so moving to a smaller size) and  @Nertea's Heat Control (2.5m surface mount radiators to reject heat during re-entry,)

I launched a 3 CCB Atlas-V to Orbital insertion (if there was a Centaur we would have made orbit!) and recovered back at KSP on Gael. (Forgot to mention using FMRS and in the @Galileo Planet mod.)

The key to making radial boosters in SPH that will then load and latch correctly in VAB is to build a spine on them (the truss on the Top.)  Make that your root part.  

The steps to make a radial booster like this are;

1. make a single booster in SPH making sure to balance Lift for almost no to 0 fuel
  2. Make certain you have a spinal type root part using the root part tool in SPH.
  3. Build core stage the radial booster you made in SPH will attach too
  4. save Core stage, then load your SPH booster in VAB (CLICK MERGE at  the bottom of the load window.)
  5. Attach your booster radially on you preferred radial decoupler.

Without FMRS there is no way to recover your parts so you will NEED that mod to perform this type of mission.

4 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

The slider for boiloff in game difficulty settings defaults to 50% but when touched I can only switch between 0% - 100% - 200% ...

Core game issue or mod issue?

KSP issue. 1.2.2 broke percentage sliders. They know about it.

I have some issues with wobbling, to be exact with the Sarnus V (Saturn V) parts. When I built it myself, it wobbled like crazy at launch.

But when I downloaded your .craft file of the Sarnus nothing wobbled. Then I tried to connect it with the CSM+LEM .craft file and it wobbled again.

Is there anything that can stabilize the spacecraft? Or how did you make the wobble stop of your .craft files?

14 minutes ago, domain_ said:

I have some issues with wobbling, to be exact with the Sarnus V (Saturn V) parts. When I built it myself, it wobbled like crazy at launch.

But when I downloaded your .craft file of the Sarnus nothing wobbled. Then I tried to connect it with the CSM+LEM .craft file and it wobbled again.

Is there anything that can stabilize the spacecraft? Or how did you make the wobble stop of your .craft files?

You need to go into your game's settings and enable advanced tweakables. That lets you access autostrutting from the right click menu in the VAB/SPH. :) Alternatively, just get Kerbal Joint Reinforcement since that does it automatically and saves you time.

26 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

You need to go into your game's settings and enable advanced tweakables. That lets you access autostrutting from the right click menu in the VAB/SPH. :) Alternatively, just get Kerbal Joint Reinforcement since that does it automatically and saves you time.

Thanks, man! Since when has this been implemented? (last played 2015, played again for some weeks)

Could it be possible for you to add a more realistic Gemini service module and retro pack? At the moment they are one part, but realistically they were not. Just a thought.gemini-50th-anniversary-13.png?auto=form

1 hour ago, Jall said:

Could it be possible for you to add a more realistic Gemini service module and retro pack? At the moment they are one part, but realistically they were not. Just a thought.

I'd be happy with a hollow SM that allowed the use of the Mercury retro pack.

18 hours ago, Jall said:

Could it be possible for you to add a more realistic Gemini service module and retro pack? At the moment they are one part, but realistically they were not. Just a thought.

*I snip, not for honor, but for you*

Here's the thing - BDB already gets flak for having too many different sizes and not enough parts to fill them. (I know becomes I'm where it comes from). you want to create a size for exactly one part. not only would it limit the usefulness of the retropack module, but the service module, too: the service module's niche is that is is a 150 cm-187 cm adapter with engines and fuel. so if you split them, neither of them would be as useful.

So hopefully someone here can help me.   I use Mechjeb in my career.   I have a simple file with the following lines of code and am wondering why it does not work for JUST BlueDog DB.  

Any thoughts:

Spoiler

@PART
[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:Final
{
    %MODULE[MechJebCore]
//snipped the unlock points just to save space

}

every other control point device (Command pods, to Probe cores,) I get Mechjeb right out of the gate.  

I obviously have the same problem with my code to add Engineer to the command modules and again only with BDB.

TIA

Edited by Pappystein