[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 hours ago, G'th said:

That would be Linuxgamers Altair Descent Stage (also tweakscale enabled) along with tweakscale enabled landing legs from Planetary Bases.

However, I've tweaked the design a bit since so it now look like this:

TLbkDMh.png

So thats its a lot more accurate. 

Link plz. 

so my recording buddy and I are gonna do it the old fashioned way and figure out how to use the BDB parts kit to make a saturn V launch stack from scratch.

check out @K1productions for our video series, spacestation K1, link to the playlist on youtube here. given we intend to begin using this mod in our series..some shameless advertising if thats alright with you @CobaltWolf

Hey Guys, I love this mod.  I just got quarter scale RSS with RSSEVE, and KSCSwitcher to work in 1.3.  Starting my career mode, I can't get the Vanguard probe, aka "HLR-V1 Narly Probe Core", to connect to Remote Tech.  

I tested it again in a clean install of KSP 1.3 with:

BDB v1.3 & dependencies (Com Resource Pack 0.7.2.0 - DMModScience AnimateGeneric 0.19 - ModMGR 2.8.1) and

Remote Tech v1.8.8

Same result.  I tried copying the Explorer 1 cfg into the Vanguard probe cfg but strangely that doesn't help.  All the other probe core's from BDB in Tier 1 connect properly.   

Any Idea's how I can fix it?  I like the little guy even though it's a kind of "one-trick-pony".   

Cheers!

EDIT:

OK, I thought maybe it was a CKAN thing so I started again from scratch and downloaded / installed manually BDB and RT and got the same result.   I will note that CKAN does not include the B9PartSwitch dependency for anyone interested but I know that's a side issue.  

EDIT: 

OK saw CobaltWolf's reply a while ago, sorry for the late edit.  Thank you for the quick reply.  I didn't check the compatibility folder.  That should be an easy fix.  I'll try to put in a pull request.  Cheers!

Edited by Hooter

42 minutes ago, Hooter said:

~snip~

I don't believe I ever updated the RemoteTech config for the last release... in general all our compatibility files are probably out of date and the community contributors who were maintaining them have gone on to geener pastures. You'll have to fix it in the RemoteTech compatibility patch in your BDB install - just copy the Explorer configuration and change the name to whatever the name is for the Vanguard (the part name, not the display name). Bonus points if you make a pull request on Github so I can merge it into the main mod... Other new probes like the Sputnik 3 and Lunar Orbiter will have the same issue.

2 hours ago, Abpilot said:

Hey cobalt wolf, is the Sputnik 3 probe an Easter egg because you dont have an R-7 booster. If it isn't are you going to add the R-7 and sputnick 1 & 2.

Err, I think Sputnik 3 was Cobalt saying "Hmm I want to make something new to practice on."  rather than... "I want to take over ALL of KSP and also make Russian stuff."   Besides @Beale has a great mod with lots of R-7 stuff!

3 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Err, I think Sputnik 3 was Cobalt saying "Hmm I want to make something new to practice on."  rather than... "I want to take over ALL of KSP and also make Russian stuff."   Besides @Beale has a great mod with lots of R-7 stuff!

I know that i have the mod

10 hours ago, Abpilot said:

I know that i have the mod

Then why do you need an R7?

3 hours ago, Redleg1 said:

Has anyone had issues with the new Atlas parts in conjunction with FAR?  I recently downloaded the latest BDB from development and when I use the new Atlas parts with FAR the craft is uncontrollable.  The old parts work fine though.

iirc new parts aren't really configured for FAR, but I mean it doesnt have any lifting surfaces so...maybe there's a gap in the collider between the tanks and the stage and a half?

On 9/16/2017 at 11:54 PM, CobaltWolf said:

I felt Vega deserved some love. Old on left, new on right.

Not sure if accurate, but the old propellant/pressurizer tanks looked a lot nicer. Good metalic-ness tho. I really like that and Atlas

13 hours ago, Beale said:

If you have any feedback / problems with my R7, it would be really helpful to hear. Always hoping to improve.

The R-7 works like a dream and i really love it.

7 hours ago, minepagan said:

Then why do you need an R7?

iirc new parts aren't really configured for FAR, but I mean it doesnt have any lifting surfaces so...maybe there's a gap in the collider between the tanks and the stage and a half?

With the one about the R-7 i would love one made by cobalt wolf but then I forgot about tantres 

1 hour ago, wallum61 said:

Plyaing around with USI-LS; it appears that the Skylab parts nor the Apollo Block IV hab have support for USI. Is a compatibility patch planned, or would it be useful for me to create one for myself then share?

Given statements from Cobaltwolf a few posts above... Please make, and Share via the Github (Pull request.)  And THANK YOU in advance for doing so!

On 9/17/2017 at 9:16 PM, G'th said:

That would be Linuxgamers Altair Descent Stage (also tweakscale enabled) along with tweakscale enabled landing legs from Planetary Bases.

However, I've tweaked the design a bit since so it now look like this:

So thats its a lot more accurate. 

Parts for that Hab pls!

On 9/18/2017 at 5:59 PM, Abpilot said:

Hey cobalt wolf, is the Sputnik 3 probe an Easter egg because you dont have an R-7 booster. If it isn't are you going to add the R-7 and sputnick 1 & 2.

On 9/18/2017 at 8:13 PM, Pappystein said:

Story time! So, when I first started modding BDB wasn't really a US-rockets mod, I originally started by expanding the number of probe parts. One of the first websites I found was http://mentallandscape.com/V_Venus.htm (make sure you also look at the Sputnik and Luna links at the top) - incidentally, this is why many of the BDB science experiments look like those found on russian probes! Ever since then I've been somewhat fascinated with the early Russian stuff. Last summer or so I modeled Sputnik 3 and Luna 3 based parts, and had Sputnik 3 mostly textured. A few months ago I decided I might as well just finish the Sputnik 3 texture and get it in game. Some day eventually we'll have the other two dozen or so new probe parts I made...

23 hours ago, akron said:

Not sure if accurate, but the old propellant/pressurizer tanks looked a lot nicer. Good metalic-ness tho. I really like that and Atlas

The specular was set a bit low, but the real issue (that I eventually figured out) was that the spheres were still set to be the basic metal color rather than white paint.

15 hours ago, wallum61 said:

Plyaing around with USI-LS; it appears that the Skylab parts nor the Apollo Block IV hab have support for USI. Is a compatibility patch planned, or would it be useful for me to create one for myself then share?

14 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Given statements from Cobaltwolf a few posts above... Please make, and Share via the Github (Pull request.)  And THANK YOU in advance for doing so!

Yup, I typically don't update the compatibility configs myself, and I believe the last time they were seriously updated was the 1.0 release of the mod. If anyone updates them and makes PRs for them on Github I will gladly merge them in and give credit when the next release is made. :)

Alrighty, got some quick screenshots for y'all. Atlas-Vega assembled in Unity (don't ask about the nosecone, it's an old model from Tantares I have sitting around), and then partially retextured Centaur engine mount and RL-10. And yes, I do plan on trying to fix and include the RL-10-B during this update.

F7DjT6W.pngE2XX12k.pnggeKMRis.png

8 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Parts for that Hab pls!

Welp, the Airlock is also from the Altair mod.  Solar Panels from this mod. (the MOL ones i believe). The rigid structure of the hab uses an upscaled lab from CX Aerospace (The squat one that resembles the Japanese ELM on the ISS).  The Inflatable Part (yes its inflatable) comes from Ven's Stock Revamp, specifically the 2.5m Soft Hab. I used tweakscale to up the size to be just short of the rigid parts diameter and buried it in the hull to get just the right amount of of it poking out of the rigid structure. I also added one of Porkjets Inflatable IVA's to it as well so I could have an IVA.  Looks a little strange if you think about it (considering the IVA presumes a horizontal position), but its better than no IVA for me. :)

Beyond that, the cargo boxes are from Cormorant Aeronology. 

56 minutes ago, G'th said:

Welp, the Airlock is also from the Altair mod.  Solar Panels from this mod. (the MOL ones i believe). The rigid structure of the hab uses an upscaled lab from CX Aerospace (The squat one that resembles the Japanese ELM on the ISS).  The Inflatable Part (yes its inflatable) comes from Ven's Stock Revamp, specifically the 2.5m Soft Hab. I used tweakscale to up the size to be just short of the rigid parts diameter and buried it in the hull to get just the right amount of of it poking out of the rigid structure. I also added one of Porkjets Inflatable IVA's to it as well so I could have an IVA.  Looks a little strange if you think about it (considering the IVA presumes a horizontal position), but its better than no IVA for me. :)

Beyond that, the cargo boxes are from Cormorant Aeronology. 

Great idea! I've previously used that inflatable hab for BEAM on my ISS. And those panels for my Artemis hab too. Thanks!

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Story time! So, when I first started modding BDB wasn't really a US-rockets mod, I originally started by expanding the number of probe parts. One of the first websites I found was http://mentallandscape.com/V_Venus.htm (make sure you also look at the Sputnik and Luna links at the top) - incidentally, this is why many of the BDB science experiments look like those found on russian probes! Ever since then I've been somewhat fascinated with the early Russian stuff. Last summer or so I modeled Sputnik 3 and Luna 3 based parts, and had Sputnik 3 mostly textured. A few months ago I decided I might as well just finish the Sputnik 3 texture and get it in game. Some day eventually we'll have the other two dozen or so new probe parts I made...

The specular was set a bit low, but the real issue (that I eventually figured out) was that the spheres were still set to be the basic metal color rather than white paint.

Yup, I typically don't update the compatibility configs myself, and I believe the last time they were seriously updated was the 1.0 release of the mod. If anyone updates them and makes PRs for them on Github I will gladly merge them in and give credit when the next release is made. :)

Alrighty, got some quick screenshots for y'all. Atlas-Vega assembled in Unity (don't ask about the nosecone, it's an old model from Tantares I have sitting around), and then partially retextured Centaur engine mount and RL-10. And yes, I do plan on trying to fix and include the RL-10-B during this update.

F7DjT6W.pngE2XX12k.pnggeKMRis.png

With Sputnik 3...OOhhhh