[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

we have our own cryo engines type setup in the mod. Its basically the same as having the optional configs activate with cryoengines installed, but they're always on. But the old configs keep activating and breaking the parts. If you delete the compatibility, the parts will work as intended, with lqdHydrogen tanks and engines.

Not quite true... We have B9PartSwitch configs in the compatability/cryoengines folder that work fine as far as I know - somebody needs to confim, I haven't had a chance to test in 1.2 since it updated. Having a 1.1.3 version of B9PartSwitch laying around, such as the one you'll get installing cryoengines without waiting for it to be updated to 1.2 will trigger our B9 patches, but the old B9 will fail to load, causing your resources to disappear.

The more likely cause of just LqdHydrogen missing is not having CRP in GameData.

2 minutes ago, awsumindyman said:

Found this little gem. It's a precursor to the final Apollo design. According to wikpedia, this may have been the inspiration behind a certain Soviet spacecraft still in use today.

I think he's mentioned doing something about Apollo D2, actually. I'm not sure if he was being serious, however. :)

39 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

I think he's mentioned doing something about Apollo D2, actually. I'm not sure if he was being serious, however. :)

I hope so. This looks really cool/useful. And it helped me to learn the extent to which everyone ripped of the U.S. (At first I thought it was just Buran/Energia, but it also turns out they ripped off the ALSV (American precursor to MAKS) and Apollo D-2 as well)

No hype at the moment, sorry. I just wanted to once again plea for adapters. We really need, yes need, flat adapters for each size to every other size. Some may say 'Why do you need so many?'. To them I say this, I need THREE adapters and over a meter of length to properly fit a passive APAS (0.9375) to MOS (1.875) and the only option to go from 1.875 or any smaller size to anything over 1.875 is the Inon engine shroud or one of the Inon fuel tanks. We need adapters, all I'm saying.

9 minutes ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

No hype at the moment, sorry. I just wanted to once again plea for adapters. We really need, yes need, flat adapters for each size to every other size. Some may say 'Why do you need so many?'. To them I say this, I need THREE adapters and over a meter of length to properly fit a passive APAS (0.9375) to MOS (1.875) and the only option to go from 1.875 or any smaller size to anything over 1.875 is the Inon engine shroud or one of the Inon fuel tanks. We need adapters, all I'm saying.

with the new mesh switching, I can hopefully stretch how many sizes we can get out of a single part.

2 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

what? you think @CobaltWolf maintains the CKAN anymore?

I never maintained CKAN. It's not my problem. The mod works for drag and drop installs, I don't support CKAN (though shout outs to the team for indexing BDB for me), and I don't sorry issues with CKAN installs unless the issue can be reproduced on a CKAN manual install of BDB.

The Kane is a very stable and reliable system, the abort system is very interesting in how it has two modes. Is that a plugin? The only complaint I have is the docking ports' 'control from here' target being weird, this makes using DAPI and MechJeb odd.

6 minutes ago, hieywiey said:

The Kane is a very stable and reliable system, the abort system is very interesting in how it has two modes. Is that a plugin? The only complaint I have is the docking ports' 'control from here' target being weird, this makes using DAPI and MechJeb odd.

What do you mean? I haven't used either of those mods since I've been testing in 1.2 before any of them were updated. I believe you can override the control point by adding a new transform and unity and calling it out in the cfg.

And yes, the LES is based on @Kurld's PEBKAC mod.