[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

40 minutes ago, Jack Wolfe said:

I don't know if my rig is a "proper" gaming system, but it's ridiculously overbuilt for a machine used primarily by a writer. AMD FX-8300 processor, 32GB RAM, 4.5 TB disk space, and an nVidia GTX 1050 Ti SC video card. I think my lowest frame rate, with SVE and SVT, has been 40-some FPS during a Saturn V launch.

It's nice not having to wait for Google Earth to render in 3D as I zoom in for a tree-level look at Hadrian's Wall.

It's a whole different game. The HP All-In-One with integrated graphics was getting 8 fps looking at the sky when I retired it. I wish I could remember that setting - I think it made the water not transparent. Helped a lot when I accidentally let the planet come in to view.

12 minutes ago, Jso said:

It's a whole different game. The HP All-In-One with integrated graphics was getting 8 fps looking at the sky when I retired it. I wish I could remember that setting - I think it made the water not transparent. Helped a lot when I accidentally let the planet come in to view.

Lenovo-IBM X201, with an i5-520M and an Ironlake Graphics card. I actually get about 30-40 F.P.S looking at the sky, depending what other planets are in the view. (I still get 5 when looking at the planet) This is why I'm using BDB as opposed to FASA, and HabTech instead of CXAerospace (except for the Docking ports) - they don't run like crap, and they look actually good, even if model- and texture-wise, they are very modest.

Consider this: I was originally going to expand Spacelab 3 with CXA parts. but two modules in, and the frame-rate was unbearable, even for me. I had to switch to HabTech just to make a large, multi-module station.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

1 hour ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

Lenovo-IBM X201...

You have my sincerest sympathies. I've been stuck with StinkPads at my place of work for ages. They're not good for much else than running Bloat-us Notes and a lot of corporate spyware.

I knew I should have dropped a meme or two in my last post. :sticktongue:

Out of curiosity, then; if the Skylab ATM is not to be deployed in an animated fashion mimicking the real McCoy, what is the vision for it? I'm currently launching the M.O.L.E. ATM docked to the forward Skylab APAS port, then once in orbit I move it to a dorsal APAS port and re-dock. The procedure works well, even if it is a bit Mir-ish in nature.

2 hours ago, Jack Wolfe said:

I knew I should have dropped a meme or two in my last post. :sticktongue:

Out of curiosity, then; if the Skylab ATM is not to be deployed in an animated fashion mimicking the real McCoy, what is the vision for it? I'm currently launching the M.O.L.E. ATM docked to the forward Skylab APAS port, then once in orbit I move it to a dorsal APAS port and re-dock. The procedure works well, even if it is a bit Mir-ish in nature.

From Mr. Wolfy pen:

" Apollo Telescope Mount. Not going to rotate into position. Probably going to have players undock from top > redock it to a node. Means I'll have to provide some control and RCS on the ATM. "

That's the intended way, there are better ones but to each his own.

While in the batcave, my lunar rover is ready for Apollo J missions

ln1UNYr.png

WYJt5Lb.png

Edited by Drakenex

pHDXW3i.pngOK, it's not 1994 (it took me about 6 days) but I finally got Spacelab 3 to full operational capacity. I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I thought of using the primary docking port to house a thruster unit and sending it off on a mission to Duna or Eve.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

So back to RF for BDB... is it possible to add an MM patch in order to add all modular fuel tanks to the BDB tanks? One of the tank is already cyrogenic so I think this would be the easiest solution for me.

However, I saw that this latest build should have at least a few working RF configs on some tanks yet I get no Fuel levels,  making all fuel tanks structural for the newest version (of course, much more expensive and heavy than most structural pieces of the same size lol)

If anyone has and can post an MM RF patch config file for any of the fuel tanks I'd greatly  appreciate it. I still have issues writing up MM configs for MFT >.>

13 hours ago, Drakenex said:

From Mr. Wolfy pen:

" Apollo Telescope Mount. Not going to rotate into position. Probably going to have players undock from top > redock it to a node. Means I'll have to provide some control and RCS on the ATM. "

That's the intended way, there are better ones but to each his own.

Thank you! I missed that statement somewhere along the line. It's a practical, logical solution.

35 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

and ugly too,is very easy to fold it with infernal robotics, or you know, don't reinvent the wheel?

But not something that interests me if I have to install and keep track of another mod just to animate one part exactly once on one vessel. I'm good with the docking strategy.

4 hours ago, shoe7ess said:

So back to RF for BDB... is it possible to add an MM patch in order to add all modular fuel tanks to the BDB tanks? One of the tank is already cyrogenic so I think this would be the easiest solution for me.

However, I saw that this latest build should have at least a few working RF configs on some tanks yet I get no Fuel levels,  making all fuel tanks structural for the newest version (of course, much more expensive and heavy than most structural pieces of the same size lol)

If anyone has and can post an MM RF patch config file for any of the fuel tanks I'd greatly  appreciate it. I still have issues writing up MM configs for MFT >.>

I have no idea what you're talking about. There's no RF configs in this mod.

However... I took my very very old set of RF configs and brought them up to date. There's just Apollo left to do. Since I don't use RealFuels anymore, I need a person or two that both uses BDB/RF-Stockalike and is knowledgable about RF configs to give them a dry run before I turn them over to @Raptor831. There's probably a few NEEDS[!RealFuels] we need to sprinkle around for the next release.

1 hour ago, Drakenex said:

and ugly too,is very easy to fold it with infernal robotics, or you know, don't reinvent the wheel?

Can your config for the raidernick's ATM be on the github or something I really would like to play with the ATM heh <3

2 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Can your config for the raidernick's ATM be on the github or something I really would like to play with the ATM heh <3

I'll have to ask him first, because his license forbids it. But is very easy to get it working:

1- You'll only need the telescope part, add a free tweakscale at the end of the config

MODULE
{
    name = TweakScale
    type = free
}

2- Resize it to 60%

3- Add a new node to BDB Airlock

node_stack_top2 = 0.0, -0.30, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2

4- Change ATM attach node to negative and make it smaller

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -5.10359, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

5- Done! but...

6 - Textures are very simple and doesn't go well with BDB-skylab, trusses share a common one (I've painted them gray), as well as the telescope (I've painted it a darker shade of gray). There are couple of photo-realistic gold and silver foil textures also easy to re-paint. Because they are so simple, re-texturing it was very easy. Solar panels for the ATM were also easy to change, I've used the M.O.L.E ones. 

7 - To get the whole experience (hehe!) the OWS is a repaint of the S4B Tank, no windows, no handrails, no pipes, 100% like the real thing but using BDB textures.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers!!

Edited by Drakenex

51 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

will you ever do Nova? specifically, the M-1 Engine?

IIRC the M-1, E-1, and HG-3 are all planned.

But, considering Skylab isn't even finished, and he has a lot of wip projects alot closer to completion (Block IV, AJ260, ect.) I think its OK if we have to wait a while.

11 hours ago, Jso said:

I have no idea what you're talking about. There's no RF configs in this mod.

However... I took my very very old set of RF configs and brought them up to date. There's just Apollo left to do. Since I don't use RealFuels anymore, I need a person or two that both uses BDB/RF-Stockalike and is knowledgable about RF configs to give them a dry run before I turn them over to @Raptor831. There's probably a few NEEDS[!RealFuels] we need to sprinkle around for the next release.

Hey Jso,

I'm familiar enough with most RO mod configs as well as creating MM patches, so I can help contribute if it leads to Real Fuels compatability. My jumping off point would be acquiring any and all existing RF configs(recent *working revs only  *by working I mean themost up to date configs for the latest version of BDB that supports them). I'll check through your .github and make a pull request (or just ask you for the docs you had working and expand

So I tried to add the config but I think I made something wrong because the ATM doesn't appear anymore ingame, what I did wrong ? I am not very used to with config stuff

1488717399-config.jpg

Edited by DiscoSlelge

1 hour ago, _Krieger_ said:

I finished up the Saturn and Apollo USA textures I was working on a while back.

Now includes Saturn I, Saturn IB, Saturn V and the Apollo CSM.

Download Link: http://bit.ly/2n24w0R

Enjoy!

great! just what I was beginning to do! Those are awesome, please upload them to the github

1 hour ago, DiscoSlelge said:

So I tried to add the config but I think I made something wrong because the ATM doesn't appear anymore ingame, what I did wrong ? I am not very used to with config stuff

you're missing  the MODULE section:

MODULE
{
    name = TweakScale
    type = free
} 

Check PM

Edited by Drakenex