[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

3 hours ago, Leszek said:

You have the error because of 1.3.1.  I have the same error for the same reason.  Just wait for the fix.

It means you updated the game but the mod is not yet ready for 1.3.1 :)

Hey All,

I started using Snacks!.  I noticed that the new skylab did not have a soil converter nor did any of the labs have the snack processor.  I also noticed that the Apollo mission module did not have a toilet, and i remember reading in the Eyes Turned Skyward that it had a toilet.  I added the soil recycler to the mission module as well.  If you want them let me know I am happy to send them back to everyone.  All in all:  MOS parts, skylab, and the mission module got the toilets.  The two science labs got processors. 

Cheers

22 hours ago, Leszek said:

You have the error because of 1.3.1.  I have the same error for the same reason.  Just wait for the fix.

Or WAIT to upgrade the game until your mods are up to date (Like I am)  You can do that one of two ways.   Go into Steam, Right Click on Kerbal Space Program and select properties.  Click on the BETA tab and select PREVIOUS 1.3.0.   Viola you are running 1.3.0 again and can play BDB in it's glorious detail!

Alternatively COPY your Kerbal Space Program folder out of Steam....  See my post further up the column for what I did.

21 minutes ago, debaker02 said:

Hey All,

I started using Snacks!.  I noticed that the new skylab did not have a soil converter nor did any of the labs have the snack processor.  I also noticed that the Apollo mission module did not have a toilet, and i remember reading in the Eyes Turned Skyward that it had a toilet.  I added the soil recycler to the mission module as well.  If you want them let me know I am happy to send them back to everyone.  All in all:  MOS parts, skylab, and the mission module got the toilets.  The two science labs got processors. 

Cheers

If you submit a Pull Request on the Github, I am certain JSO and Cobalt Wolf will look into adding your patch data into the game.   

Started a new game with my main parts core being BDB, Contares, and SSTU, three mods that I had not yet used.

Extremely happy with all of them, wish I'd done this much earlier.

This is my favorite early game lifter so far, 8 tourists or Kerbalnauts to KEO and back. BDB Muo and Prometheus lifter core, SSTU SRBs and probe core, Contares pods and payload parts, they all work well together and it actually looks like a coherent design, unlike many early-game horrors. And it's like $60k and with Stage Recovery basically zero.

VDaOo2i.png

@hraban I flipped a coin whether to post it here, SSTU, or Contares :) Add Nertea's stuff, SpaceY, OPT, a couple other things + Venn's stock upgrades, that should be KSP's default install "movin' stuff through space" parts set. if you can't come up with multiple cool solutions to any lifting/flying/landing problem with that library of great parts, you should hang up your slide rule and drafting machine, give up any idea of being a designer, and move into middle management like the rest of the failed designers do :)

Edited by vossiewulf

Actually... I have started a new career too but this time without the usual SpaceY, OPT and SSTU and just installed, for the first time, BDB . BDB is great!, and is easily standing in for all those other mods and is very very enjoyable indeed.

I am challenging myself to build the payloads to a mass that suits the standard historically available US lifters included in BDB rather than my usual game where I build the payload to whatever mass it just comes out as and then cobble together a launcher with sufficient dV for the job. A new element of realism? Perhaps. Nevertheless, I am really enjoying the challenge of sticking to a set of standard launchers (give or take the odd extra solid boosters - as per historical). Yes, I have kept in Ven's stock upgrades (but hardly touched them) and Nertea's stuff available to unlock later when I get into the late game / near future phase. Coatl Probes Plus fits in well as does DMagic orbital science (supported) and CTT for the long game.

3 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

I couldn't agree more! Best early phase of the game ever!
The Gemini - TitanGLV is so versatile! Next step for the save will definitely be to build a MOL based station and then a SkyLab.

Thanks @CobaltWolf for a brilliant mod, complete with perfectly balanced parts, engaging historical connections and glorious eye-candy. 

On 10/6/2017 at 10:51 AM, notJebKerman said:

How is Mariner 1, built with parts from this mod supposed to look like? 

I don't believe we have the proper solar panels for Mariner 1 (they are square) nor do we have that weird truss on top. *shrug* The probe parts in the mod were never really intended for building full probes, at least not at the beginning.

On 10/7/2017 at 3:11 PM, notJebKerman said:

Which Gemini service module is meant to be used with MOL? .craft file on KerbalX is using the full-size version, but since the smaller one is included...

Also, there is one problem with Connected living space for MOL: While the G heatshield is passable, service module and both 1.5 m & 1.875 m size decouplers are not.

The short one should be used for MOL. The craft files aren't up to date and aren't maintained by the BDB team.

On 10/8/2017 at 2:44 AM, Deddly said:

It means you updated the game but the mod is not yet ready for 1.3.1 :)

Indeed. I am waiting for our couple of dependencies to update. If anyone is unable to update, revert your KSP version on Steam.

16 hours ago, debaker02 said:

I do not believe we have Snacks compatibility at all. If you want to clean up the MM config files and send them to me, I'll upload them to Github.

11 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

Started a new game with my main parts core being BDB, Contares, and SSTU, three mods that I had not yet used.

This is my favorite early game lifter so far, 8 tourists or Kerbalnauts to KEO and back. BDB Muo and Prometheus lifter core, SSTU SRBs and probe core, Contares pods and payload parts, they all work well together and it actually looks like a coherent design, unlike many early-game horrors. And it's like $60k and with Stage Recovery basically zero.

7 hours ago, Kaa253 said:

Actually... I have started a new career too but this time without the usual SpaceY, OPT and SSTU and just installed, for the first time, BDB . BDB is great!, and is easily standing in for all those other mods and is very very enjoyable indeed.

I am challenging myself to build the payloads to a mass that suits the standard historically available US lifters included in BDB rather than my usual game where I build the payload to whatever mass it just comes out as and then cobble together a launcher with sufficient dV for the job. A new element of realism? Perhaps. Nevertheless, I am really enjoying the challenge of sticking to a set of standard launchers (give or take the odd extra solid boosters - as per historical). Yes, I have kept in Ven's stock upgrades (but hardly touched them) and Nertea's stuff available to unlock later when I get into the late game / near future phase. Coatl Probes Plus fits in well as does DMagic orbital science (supported) and CTT for the long game.

I couldn't agree more! Best early phase of the game ever!
The Gemini - TitanGLV is so versatile! Next step for the save will definitely be to build a MOL based station and then a SkyLab.

Thanks @CobaltWolf for a brilliant mod, complete with perfectly balanced parts, engaging historical connections and glorious eye-candy. 

Thank you both very much for the kind words! :)

Been fairly busy lately with IRL stuff - put over 1000 miles on my car in 6 days last week, and then have been hard at work on a very important IRL project. The other morning I was able to warm up for a little bit and decided that I wanted to update the Juno parts. The update isn't done - the engines and one of the fuel tanks still need touchups, but I'm glad these parts are updated since I think they're pretty underused. I believe Delta (along with Atlas, Centaur, maybe some of the Saturn stuff?) is the last launcher now that hasn't been revamped. Might try and clean that up for the release as well.

Vy9EYYh.pngnNXwG9B.png

On 10/8/2017 at 9:43 PM, Pappystein said:

Or WAIT to upgrade the game until your mods are up to date (Like I am)  You can do that one of two ways.   Go into Steam, Right Click on Kerbal Space Program and select properties.  Click on the BETA tab and select PREVIOUS 1.3.0.   Viola you are running 1.3.0 again and can play BDB in it's glorious detail!

Alternatively COPY your Kerbal Space Program folder out of Steam....  See my post further up the column for what I did.

If you submit a Pull Request on the Github, I am certain JSO and Cobalt Wolf will look into adding your patch data into the game.   

That's a relief. I've spent two afternoons updating my KSP 1.2.2 to try and make my career compatible with 1.3.1--and trying to figure out what was left crashing, and this seems to be it.

Honestly, I can completely understand that the mod creator has their priories. I'm just relieved that I figured out what else was causing the crashing. I haven't played KSP since June waiting for mods to be updated--I can wait longer. 

On 10/8/2017 at 6:43 PM, Pappystein said:

Um, much easier way to deal with this running the Steam version - don't run Steam, and launch the executable manually from the folder, or with a shortcut, no issues running it that way. If you're not playing multiple Steam games that works fine, and that is what I'm going to do. But your tip is a good idea to do anyway, and as soon as someone upgrades to 1.31 they should do the same steps and lock themselves to 1.31 so even if you want to run Steam, it won't update until you tell it to.

Only issue I have with the patch is that there doesn't seem to be much groundbreaking there, and they should be accounting for the fact that most people (at least it seems so to me, don't have stats) are running heavily modded games and a change of any kind by Squad is going to trigger a few hours of updates for most people, and several weeks of waiting until their game is running with the mods they want again. So in this case a slower update rate is called for, with more important changes implemented prior to scheduling a release.

7 hours ago, Cadet_BNSF said:

@CobaltWolf I have been working on designing a replica of the Apollo CSM recently, and I was curious, where are you getting your dimensions for the parts? I can't find them anywhere.

My progress so far.

I don't believe I had real dimensioned drawings or anything. I just had some orthographics, and already had figured out what size they 'had' to be to work in KSP.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I don't believe I had real dimensioned drawings or anything. I just had some orthographics, and already had figured out what size they 'had' to be to work in KSP.

Oh, okay. Thanks for replying so quickly. guess I will do the same then.

On 10/11/2017 at 6:46 PM, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@JsoThe TAC-LS patch doesn't work, in my Apollo 11 recreation, I can't sustain normal EC levels, the fuel cell isn't powerful enough, and still is the default one, not the TAC-LS one.

It's working fine here. You're not getting the hydrogen oxygen fuel cell? Try from a fresh build, it might not update from a save.

Hey guys

I'm real sorry as I know what I'm about to say is really not cool, but I REALLY REALLY REALLY miss this mod so much. I decided to make the jump to 1.3.1 and this is the only mod that I had to leave behind. I noticed in this thread that you're waiting on other dependencies before you can update...

I can't even bring myself to say it, so I'm just gonna leave it there I think :)

P.S. Before anyone suggests the roll back... I saw that too, but was waaaaaaaay too deep in to updating to 1.3.1 before I learned that. Drawbacks of me being a noob :(