[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

22 hours ago, ThaiMeow said:

Hi.. 

first of all i must say this is a great mod. I love playing with it.. it add so much into the game.. graphs are great and its sure u spend some serious time doing it. i love this mod :)

on the other hand.. im having some problem and i need help. Before go on, i must say i didnt check other posts if theres something about my problem because there are so many posts.

so.. i have this rocket of mine. I created it with tantares mod. basically i can put a sat in to orbit in 3 stages. 1st is my boosters which can take me to 5 or 6 000 alt. and 2nd can put me into the orbit around 90 000. and 3rd i put my sat into any orbit. Now... my 2nd stage has around 1300 fuel. and a 380 engine is enough for my 2nd stage.  When i use your 2 fuel tanks around 1250 with boosters im having this problem. my boosters takes me to 4 or 5 000 and im using your engine with 350s i cant even make it to 60.000 .... i really cant understand what im doing wrong...

well its a stupid one but you sure all your engines and fuel tanks are working fine.. right? :P

i really dont know what im doing wrong... any ideas?

PS: i love this mode so much that i only register to this form and post my very first post! hehe just to ask if im doing something wrong

First off, welcome to the forums!

Could you post a screenshot of your launcher? And how much does your satellite weigh?

Out of curiosity, are plans in place to give the Sina-MEM-DST Descent Stage Assembly integrated storage bays, such as on the Kane-11-MSM Service Module? The model has some great-looking bay doors modeled on it towards the bottom of the lander base, and I think it would be awesome if we could open them up and have experiments inside, or even parts for a Mun Rover for those of us with KIS and KAS.

12 hours ago, CaptainPanda said:

Out of curiosity, are plans in place to give the Sina-MEM-DST Descent Stage Assembly integrated storage bays, such as on the Kane-11-MSM Service Module? The model has some great-looking bay doors modeled on it towards the bottom of the lander base, and I think it would be awesome if we could open them up and have experiments inside, or even parts for a Mun Rover for those of us with KIS and KAS.

If you look at ALSEP it has KIS Lockers compatible with the Sina descent module. That's what you should use

On 10/21/2017 at 10:43 AM, Pappystein said:

I will put my two cents in on the docking port issue mentioned by notjebkerman.   I had to go outside of BDB for docking ports I liked at the 1m/1.25m size.  I mentioned this a few months ago but the included CMB/APAS style ports like to NOT DOCK in my builds.  Or worse... EXPLOSIVELY UN-DOCK if I DO get them to dock.  I think it has something to do with the coliders and how the ring moves but I can't prove it and I wasn't willing to explore the problem further.   I am

To be clear I have no issues with the original Probe/Drogue Apollo ports or any of the ports for the various parts of Gemini.

I ended up using SSTU's docking ports with my own little moddlet (via MM file) to give me various sizes from 0.9375m (For Apollo) up-to 1.875 (for MOL.)

Hrmmm... y'know, looking at it again, the ETS CADS docking port is closer to 1.25m... But, I remember there was a very convincing reason (at the time) to have the BDB CADS ports as 0.9375m. I will have to take a look at the part but I don't believe I actually have the Unity source files for it since I didn't make the original part.

13 hours ago, CaptainPanda said:

1 hour ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

Totally agree, I'm flying a Kane Mun mission now with an ALSEP and rover stuck (barely) in the KIS bays in the Descent Module.

34 minutes ago, TheRedTom said:

If you look at ALSEP it has KIS Lockers compatible with the Sina descent module. That's what you should use

Yeah, unfortunately @CaptainPanda those doors aren't actually modeled so much as they are textured. Originally there were just plates and I intended people to mount the SEP mod lockers on them, but someone pointed out to me people might want KIS storage and might not necessarily want SEP, which lead to the doors being textured on. I'm not quite sure what the issue is - does the descent stage not have any KIS storage? (In which case the cfgs need to be updated)

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Hrmmm... y'know, looking at it again, the ETS CADS docking port is closer to 1.25m... But, I remember there was a very convincing reason (at the time) to have the BDB CADS ports as 0.9375m. I will have to take a look at the part but I don't believe I actually have the Unity source files for it since I didn't make the original part.

Yeah, unfortunately @CaptainPanda those doors aren't actually modeled so much as they are textured. Originally there were just plates and I intended people to mount the SEP mod lockers on them, but someone pointed out to me people might want KIS storage and might not necessarily want SEP, which lead to the doors being textured on. I'm not quite sure what the issue is - does the descent stage not have any KIS storage? (In which case the cfgs need to be updated)

That's a negative, ghost rider. Neither the decent stage nor the ascent stage have KIS storage.

10 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I wasn't here when you started the whole Apollo setup so I am guessing but could it be you already had the capsule at 0.9375 and also had Agena at 0.9375?

And It is not like I use the SSTU mod for just the docking-ports.  I was just stating that was my solution to solve the issue I have.  

Un-related question (except for the fact it is about Saturn)  I love the new variable size adapters you have been making for the Excelsior for yours and Beal's Commonwealth Rocket pack.   Will we see the Saturn parts updated with similar geometry switches?    I was thinking about the Saturn-V decouplers vs the Re-scaling in the BDB extra folders ....  Is it possible to have a variable sized part with a decoupler(s) on board that work?

On 10/23/2017 at 9:06 PM, Hay said:

First off, welcome to the forums!

Could you post a screenshot of your launcher? And how much does your satellite weigh?

thnx for reply and for the warm welcome.. Well actually i think i found what im doing wrong. Now i research stronger engines and have no problem. sat weight is like around 0.8 or 1.2 i was having problem with the 2nd stage. but seems ok now. thnx anyway

22 hours ago, CaptainPanda said:

That's a negative, ghost rider. Neither the decent stage nor the ascent stage have KIS storage.

17 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@CobaltWolf I meant storage lockers by KIS bays, the Sina Descent Module doesn't have KIS storage

Hrmm... anyone want to update the KIS compatibility file on Github? :)

14 hours ago, Pappystein said:

I wasn't here when you started the whole Apollo setup so I am guessing but could it be you already had the capsule at 0.9375 and also had Agena at 0.9375?

And It is not like I use the SSTU mod for just the docking-ports.  I was just stating that was my solution to solve the issue I have. 

Un-related question (except for the fact it is about Saturn)  I love the new variable size adapters you have been making for the Excelsior for yours and Beal's Commonwealth Rocket pack.   Will we see the Saturn parts updated with similar geometry switches?    I was thinking about the Saturn-V decouplers vs the Re-scaling in the BDB extra folders ....  Is it possible to have a variable sized part with a decoupler(s) on board that work?

I think it had something to do with the real APAS being closer to 0.9375m? Maybe? And CxAerospace already had them in 1.25m.

It's definitely possible, just not the thing that's likely to happen. I could do it but it would probably take up a whole evening.

8 hours ago, ThaiMeow said:

thnx for reply and for the warm welcome.. Well actually i think i found what im doing wrong. Now i research stronger engines and have no problem. sat weight is like around 0.8 or 1.2 i was having problem with the 2nd stage. but seems ok now. thnx anyway

Uh, sure ok! :)

So, I was looking through the PDF Manual, and it looks like some of the build instructions are a little outdated (the Viklun rocket in the manual calls for 'Brun' fuel tanks, for example, but I don't think there are any 'Brun' fuel tanks in the parts list) and some of them seem to be forgetting to point out some of the parts. Is there an updated version of the manual floating around?

3 hours ago, CaptainPanda said:

So, I was looking through the PDF Manual, and it looks like some of the build instructions are a little outdated (the Viklun rocket in the manual calls for 'Brun' fuel tanks, for example, but I don't think there are any 'Brun' fuel tanks in the parts list) and some of them seem to be forgetting to point out some of the parts. Is there an updated version of the manual floating around?

I'm bored! name the rocket and I'll build it

3 hours ago, CaptainPanda said:

outdated or not, I was able to take the overview image, and the individual stage part lists and made a working saturn V rocket.

if the part names are throwing you, drop in the realnames.cfg into the game data folder.

14 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

outdated or not, I was able to take the overview image, and the individual stage part lists and made a working saturn V rocket.

if the part names are throwing you, drop in the realnames.cfg into the game data folder.

I could figure out the more well-known rockets, but the smaller, less-known rockets have got me stumped.

16 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

I'm bored! name the rocket and I'll build it

Build ALL the probe rockets!