[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

47 minutes ago, wallum61 said:

Can anyone else verify if I am having an issue with the Saturn-IV command probe? When building the Saturn I, the part does not appear to the be the stated 2.5m that should fit inline with the fuel tanks; more in the region of 2.9m?

Can you verify that you are running the saturn_rescale.cfg?

For some reason I haven't got the Apollo MM Block IV or the Saturn Multi-body (I have added it from the extras folder but no joy). KSP also seems to crash when using BDB vehicles more often than others. I shall investigate that a bit more

10 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Craft file? for standard BDB or my counterfeit re-paint? Just the payload or the entire launcher?

@DiscoSlelgewould you kindly (hehe) share some of your PSD assets to make patches? I want to make some for ETS Spacelab missions

Just your counterfeit repaint

26 minutes ago, wallum61 said:

Sorry, I should have probably mentioned that but yeah, I am running the rescale.cfg on SSRSS. 

No problem, I think i know what it is. The rescale cfg universally rescale all the Saturn parts, then goes back and adds exceptions/overrides. I was mostly concerned with the adapter below the IU being the right size (since it needed an alternate model) and forgot to check the IU itself. It's an easy enough fix. 

6 hours ago, Cdodders said:

For some reason I haven't got the Apollo MM Block IV or the Saturn Multi-body (I have added it from the extras folder but no joy). KSP also seems to crash when using BDB vehicles more often than others. I shall investigate that a bit more

Gah, hopefully the forum merges my replies. Anyways, don't know anything about the extra stuff since I didn't make it. (Worth noting the official Block IV MM is coming this update)

as for crashes, I have never encountered a crash testing BDB that i don't know the cause of, and that's in a mostly stock game. Now, saying 'it must be another mod' isn't fair, since plenty of other mods work fine together! :) so if we can track down what in BDB is aggravating another mod (or, indeed, perhaps the game engine) we'll see what we can do to fix it. 

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

No problem, I think i know what it is. The rescale cfg universally rescale all the Saturn parts, then goes back and adds exceptions/overrides. I was mostly concerned with the adapter below the IU being the right size (since it needed an alternate model) and forgot to check the IU itself. It's an easy enough fix. 

Gah, hopefully the forum merges my replies. Anyways, don't know anything about the extra stuff since I didn't make it. (Worth noting the official Block IV MM is coming this update)

as for crashes, I have never encountered a crash testing BDB that i don't know the cause of, and that's in a mostly stock game. Now, saying 'it must be another mod' isn't fair, since plenty of other mods work fine together! :) so if we can track down what in BDB is aggravating another mod (or, indeed, perhaps the game engine) we'll see what we can do to fix it. 

I can send you my logs? Usually crashes either mid-launch (of the rocket, usually Saturn MB heavy configs), a few moments after payload detach once in orbit, or a few minutes after switching to an on orbit vehicle.

I also have issues with exhaust plumes, either its not there or on constantly. Not sure if it could be related though. Main engines seem fine, mostly solids (inc. tower) and SPS

Edited by Cdodders

21 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I will follow that the only Crashes in a BDB only game are caused by not using compatible versions of BDB...   EG using the 1.2 version of BDB in a 1.3.1 environment....  Or not properly installing BDB  In both cases this is USER ERROR.

There might be a part or two you might have issues with Or be missing if you didn't install the optional Saturn stuff but if you are up to date with the mod you should be fully functional in game since it has all it's dependencies bundled.  

However from personal experience here.   If you have multiple mods with the same dependency what you describe can happen and it could look like BDB is causing it...   For example if you have another mod that installs an older version of oh say DEPENDENCY1 and BDB calls the functionality of a newer version of DEPENDENCY1... the game will crash looking like BDB is the at fault issue even if it was a different mod that installed an older DEPENDENCY1 file set and had nothing to do with BDB at all.

This is why some people like CKAN...   (Please note I am NOT one of those!)  CKAN tries to keep the dependencies up to date separate from the core mod. 

Edited by Pappystein
Italic text added to edit.

I've also found another potential glitch/bug. .. the saturn petal adapter seems to collide with my CSM in any configuration. I've attempted to change the payload force, however this did not resolve the issue. I am running with the rescale config.

Hi,

Not sure if this is my install or not, but I have the "latest" test build.  The Inon engine mounting plate does not seem to form the cover of the double engine mounting areas when you use the center point with just one engine.  I also noticed the inon engine seems to have the exhaust coming out a bit too far up with real plume?  

I am not sure where to start looking for the cause, any ideas?

18 minutes ago, wallum61 said:

I've also found another potential glitch/bug. .. the saturn petal adapter seems to collide with my CSM in any configuration. I've attempted to change the payload force, however this did not resolve the issue. I am running with the rescale config.

I'm not sure what you mean. Last I checked, the petals are supposed to open before the CSM is released, is this not the case?

7 minutes ago, debaker02 said:

Not sure if this is my install or not, but I have the "latest" test build.  The Inon engine mounting plate does not seem to form the cover of the double engine mounting areas when you use the center point with just one engine.  I also noticed the inon engine seems to have the exhaust coming out a bit too far up with real plume? 

Aha, you have run into the well know, but little understood bug of 'Cobalt is a lazy piece of trash that forgets entire functionalities during revamps'. I forgot to make the new switching geometry, though the new iteration may take advantage of mesh switching instead of autoshrouds so that people could potentially use 3 engines at once... see, this is why it's great when people try and break the stuff on Github! Similarly, I must've accidentally adjusted the thrustTransform of the Inon in Unity, which in turn offset the RealPlume.

In short, the cause is not somewhere between your keyboard and chair, but between your computer and a blue, mangy, alcohol-soaked wolf. :wink:

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Last I checked, the petals are supposed to open before the CSM is released, is this not the case?

Apologies for the false alarm; it turns out there was an incompatibility with Textures Unlimited it seems. I'll follow this up with the respective mods.

@CobaltWolf Here are my logs from one of the crashes, hopefully you can see what might be causing the crashes 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/opn6fefgpwms1dc/Errorr.zip?dl=0

Also, I tried cleaning through my KSP mods, getting rid of most of them to see if it will fix the exhaust plume issues, but to no avail

6FJ0E17.jpg

9cZrx8p.jpg

D4PwXL7.jpg

I have worked out (with help from screen shot dates) that the crashes and exhaust issues didnt really start becoming a problem until mid October. Im not sure if this timeframe is accurate as I am currently unable to regularly update.

I'm sure the choice of flag has nothing to do with the crashes either!

Edited by Cdodders