[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

9 hours ago, Kablob said:

...Apollo Venus flyby?

Yup! I was seduced into making it by some friends. It's basically one part... Of course, to do it I'll basically get the alternate SLA with detachable panels some people have asked for, for free! 

43 minutes ago, Hay said:

*notices bulge* 

OwO

27 minutes ago, debaker02 said:

@CobaltWolf

I would love to do a flyby of Venus, question have you thought about making the second moon lander and base from ETS?  What tools would i need to remove the thruster deflectors on the LEM  landing fuel tank?  (thinking about a cargo lander)

David

The ETS moon stuff is 'out of scope' for BDB, as it is based on the Constellation Altair architecture and unrelated to the LEM. However, I get what you're saying and indeed any further moon architecture in BDB will be based on modified LEM hardware. I already have plans for at least two different modules - the Early Lunar Shelter (which some people may remember as having been partially modeled already) and the SheLab. as you pointed out, that will require extensive modifications to the LEM Descent stage to clear off the various hardware specific to the original configuration. It will be a bit of work, but I have to make a new texture sheet for any further LEM updates anyways. Rest assured, it's on my list. 

On 11/16/2017 at 9:48 AM, CobaltWolf said:

Yup! I was seduced into making it by some friends. It's basically one part... Of course, to do it I'll basically get the alternate SLA with detachable panels some people have asked for, for free! 

Yessssssssssss! I knew I recognized that profile.

Hi! So I'm new to the forum, this is my first post here.

@CobaltWolf I just want to say I'm a huge fan of this mod. It's great fun to be able to (re)create some of the NASA missions that never were.

I do have a small request though. Is there any chance of a 6-way MDA for the Hokulani/SkyLab? I can make something by offsetting Prometheus fuel tanks through the existing 4-way MDA, but a dedicated 6-way MDA would look much prettier I'm sure.

But seriously love this mod!

23 hours ago, MeekCJ said:

Hi! So I'm new to the forum, this is my first post here.

@CobaltWolf I just want to say I'm a huge fan of this mod. It's great fun to be able to (re)create some of the NASA missions that never were.

I do have a small request though. Is there any chance of a 6-way MDA for the Hokulani/SkyLab? I can make something by offsetting Prometheus fuel tanks through the existing 4-way MDA, but a dedicated 6-way MDA would look much prettier I'm sure.

But seriously love this mod!

You know the stock radial attachment port? The original plan was to make Skylab-style versions of those, using the same 0.9375m/0.625m attach point design as the rest of the station. If everyone likes that idea I can be sure to include it in the reelase.

21 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Just revamped  SMB-CC texture a little:

Uploading it to the GH right now

Very nice! Some day I'll get around to those... Not that I don't appreciate your work, but I want the Multibody to have more bespoke textures and UVs. :)

Unrelated, but I noticed that the Saturn 1 texture sheet hasn't been updated... soooo, yeah. Only the S-IV IU and tankage, as well as PART of the S-I tankage so far. Also, I have reached kind of a road block on the Venus Flyby part design-wise; trying to figure out how much work it will be to get past it. Stay tuned I suppose.

Un6rrTE.png

oHvMZQA.png

3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

You know the stock radial attachment port? The original plan was to make Skylab-style versions of those, using the same 0.9375m/0.625m attach point design as the rest of the station. If everyone likes that idea I can be sure to include it in the reelase.

Very nice! Some day I'll get around to those... Not that I don't appreciate your work, but I want the Multibody to have more bespoke textures and UVs. :)

Unrelated, but I noticed that the Saturn 1 texture sheet hasn't been updated... soooo, yeah. Only the S-IV IU and tankage, as well as PART of the S-I tankage so far. Also, I have reached kind of a road block on the Venus Flyby part design-wise; trying to figure out how much work it will be to get past it. Stay tuned I suppose.

Awesome, can't wait to see them in game.

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Oh that's a great idea! That would enable a lot of possibilities...

19 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Well, not to set any expectations but I *did* unwrap the S-IVC engine mount the other day. Didn't get much done re: texturing it I'm afraid.

Whoot!  S-III will get new graphics :)

Ok so some of the basic sketches of S-III back in 1961 did look a lot like some of the Sketches for S-IVC in the late 60s but it still won't be a bespoke part.  S-III had an open structure above the J-2s S-IVB/C has the Conical structure....  But close enough for me! :)

Edited by Pappystein

38 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Ok so apparently the album didn't actually embed. So, see link / click the image.

https://imgur.com/a/OGgKk

Looking great!! (well on a second thought I'm officially unemployed :P)

(puts nerd glasses on) Actually this is not an M02, because you're using the S-IVC (dual J-2s)  and not the  S-IVB. The S-IVC is only used on the M43 and all H variants. In the other hand, it's a fantasy timeline and this is a video game, so we can do whatever we want :sticktongue:.

Now that I think about it, why an RP-1/Kerosene (room temp fuel )tank uses that much insulation? LOX tank is much smaller to need foam on all the stage. May be is to look like the Shuttle it replaces on that timeline? Can I please have an explanation @e of pi?

Edited by Drakenex

On 11/21/2017 at 8:50 PM, Drakenex said:

Looking great!! (well on a second thought I'm officially unemployed :P)

(puts nerd glasses on) Actually this is not an M02, because you're using the S-IVC (dual J-2s)  and not the  S-IVB. The S-IVC is only used on the M43 and all H variants. In the other hand, it's a fantasy timeline and this is a video game, so we can do whatever we want :sticktongue:.

Now that I think about it, why an RP-1/Kerosene (room temp fuel )tank uses that much insulation? LOX tank is much smaller to need foam on all the stage. May be is to look like the Shuttle it replaces on that timeline? Can I please have an explanation @e of pi?

F-1 derived Hydrolox replacement engine with Densified fuel????   :P

How about just Densified fuel?  And thus needing the insulation and thus needing further tweaks to the CFGs?   I mean we have known for oh at-least a couple hundred years about making things cold makes them smaller

On the subject of ETS or other historical paths not taken,  I wanted to add my tested preliminary UA-1562 and UA-1563 MM cfgs to convert existing UA-120x SRMs into the larger 156s.   The models used are not RIGHT but atleast this gets them in the game.   RW UA-156x family does not have the hydraulic tank on the side of the SRM like the UA-120s (it is internal) in the Real world only 2 and 3 segment versions of the UA-156 were tested but there was a proposal for a 4 segment version as well.       The UA-156x technology was the primary stepping stone to the Space Shuttle SRB...    Since BDB has a 2 segment UA120 model the UA-1562 is pretty close to real life (just he hydraulic tank on the side is wrong) but the UA-1563 uses the UA-1205 model from BDB.   2 segments too much.  These are not man rated versions of the SRM.   But I am working on a patch for Man rating the entire UA-120x and UA-156x SRM family for BDB.

Please feel free to provide feedback.    I use the UA-1562 on Titan IV launches and the UA-1563 on Saturn IE/F or Saturn II-I18 launches.   With Saturn II INT-18 I can launch a Skylab type station without issue into a high orbit.

Spoiler

+PART[bluedog_Titan_SRB2seg]:NEEDS[Bluedog_DB]:AFTER[Bluedog_DB]
{

@name = BlueDog_156x2SRM
@title = Sarnus "Tempest" 156" 3 segment SRM
@rescaleFactor = 1.3
%manufacturer = Pafftek Enterprises in conjunction with Bluedog Design Bureau
%description = The Prometheus rocket family has some nice SRMs...  The Sarnus 156" is just an enlarged Promethous 120" SRM with some minor internal changes.  Bigger, FASTER, MOAR THRUST!
%mass = 6.34
%maxTemp = 2750
%cost = 7200
@tags = 156 Sarnus Saturn Titan Prometheus SRM SRB Solid
!RESOURCE,* {}
!MODULE[ModuleEngine*]
{}
MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleEnginesFX
        thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform
        engineID = S1SRB
        powerEffectName = running_closed
        throttleLocked = True
        exhaustDamage = True
        ignitionThreshold = 0.1
        minThrust = 0
        maxThrust = 1850.5
        heatProduction = 415
        useEngineResponseTime = True
        engineAccelerationSpeed = 8.0
        allowShutdown = False
        fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.35
        EngineType = SolidBooster
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = SolidFuel
            ratio = 1.0
            DrawGauge = True
        }
        atmosphereCurve
        {
            key = 0 263
            key = 1 238
            key = 7 0.001
        }
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = SolidFuel
        amount = 7312
        maxAmount = 7312
    }
}
+PART[bluedog_Titan_SRB5seg]:NEEDS[Bluedog_DB]:AFTER[Bluedog_DB]
{

@name = BlueDog_156x3SRM
@title = Sarnus "Typhoon" 156" 3 segment SRM
    @MODEL
    {
        %scale = 1.3, 1.0, 1.3
    }
%description = The Prometheus rocket family has some nice SRMs...Sarnus needed bigger versions of them.  The Sarnus 156" is just a 4 segement (YES FOUR NOT FIVE) 120" SRM with some minor internal changes scaled up to 156"
%mass = 15.24
%maxTemp = 3200
%cost = 10900
!RESOURCE,* {}
!MODULE[ModuleEngine*]
{}
MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleEnginesFX
        engineID = S1SRB
        powerEffectName = running_closed
        throttleLocked = True
        exhaustDamage = True
        ignitionThreshold = 0.1
        minThrust = 0
        maxThrust = 3655.27
        heatProduction = 415
        useEngineResponseTime = True
        engineAccelerationSpeed = 8.0
        allowShutdown = False
        fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.35
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = SolidFuel
            ratio = 1.0
            DrawGauge = True
        }
        atmosphereCurve
        {
            key = 0 289
            key = 1 240
            key = 7 0.001
        }
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = SolidFuel
        amount = 10969
        maxAmount = 10969
    }
}
+PART[bluedog_Titan_SRBseparator]:NEEDS[Bluedog_DB]:AFTER[Bluedog_DB]
{
@name = BlueDog_156_Seperator
@title = Sarnus "Titan" 156" SRM Seperator
%description = The enlarged Sarnus 156" SRMs needed more kick to get away fromm the Sarnus itself....  The Higher Thrust "Titan" 156" SRM seperator motor was developed
%mass = 1.53
%maxTemp = 3200
%cost = 10900
!RESOURCE,* {}
!MODULE[ModuleEngine*]
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleEngines
        throttleLocked = True
        exhaustDamage = True
        allowShutdown = False
        ignitionThreshold = 0.1
        minThrust = 0
        maxThrust = 80
        heatProduction = 550
        fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.02
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = SolidFuel
            ratio = 1.0
            DrawGauge = True
        }
        atmosphereCurve
        {
            key = 0 154
            key = 1 118
            key = 6 0.001
        }
        exhaustDamageMultiplier = 100
    }
        RESOURCE
    {
        name = SolidFuel
        amount = 30
        maxAmount = 30
    }
}
+PART[bluedog_Titan_SRBnose]:NEEDS[Bluedog_DB]:AFTER[Bluedog_DB]
{
@name = BlueDog_156_NoseCone
@title = Sarnus "Titan" 156" SRM Nose Cone
@rescaleFactor = 1.3
%description = The enlarged Sarnus 156" SRMs needed more kick to get away fromm the Sarnus itself....  The Higher Thrust "Titan" 156" SRM Nose Cone was developed
%mass = 2.21
%maxTemp = 3200
%cost = 10900
!RESOURCE,* {}
!MODULE[ModuleEngine*]
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleEngines
        throttleLocked = True
        exhaustDamage = True
        allowShutdown = False
        ignitionThreshold = 0.1
        minThrust = 0
        maxThrust = 80
        heatProduction = 550
        fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.02
        PROPELLANT
        {
            name = SolidFuel
            ratio = 1.0
            DrawGauge = True
        }
        atmosphereCurve
        {
            key = 0 154
            key = 1 118
            key = 6 0.001
        }
        exhaustDamageMultiplier = 100
    }
        RESOURCE
    {
        name = SolidFuel
        amount = 30
        maxAmount = 30
    }
}

Edited by Pappystein

On 11/21/2017 at 8:13 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Ok so apparently the album didn't actually embed. So, see link / click the image.

https://imgur.com/a/OGgKk

I get to dl the masters AGAIN.   :)   I can't wait to unlock these new parts/textures in my BARIS test build I am currently experimenting with.  I am about a million credits and 1000 science away from that point however :(

More stupid useless Tourist and satelite placement launches in my future!