[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

9 hours ago, Cdw2468 said:

Where in the world is the extendable RL10? I've spent a good 10 min combing through the VAB menu and cant find it

Edit: Did some config searching and found it. Why tease us and put it in the tech tree and not give it in game?

well, because IIRC it was going to be redone, but I put it in the tree anyway, so I wouldn't use it if I were you unless you want your save broken.

2 hours ago, minepagan said:

well, because IIRC it was going to be redone, but I put it in the tree anyway, so I wouldn't use it if I were you unless you want your save broken.

there are no broken saves, just incapable people :sticktongue:. I mean, you can do what you want, add deprecated parts, mod them, re-texture them, but yeah, most of the people barely use winzip.

29 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

there are no broken saves, just incapable people :sticktongue:. I mean, you can do what you want, add deprecated parts, mod them, re-texture them, but yeah, most of the people barely use winzip.

at least get 7zip, jeez.

37 minutes ago, minepagan said:

at least get 7zip, jeez.

tar from the command line like real man!

I want to build the Apollo CSM + Saturn V as close to the real thing as possible, is there a good website where I can find info? I don't need much, just to place the scimitar antennas and some other details.

19 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Drop it in your gamedata folder, same with any other pure MM mod. :)

Thank you! One other question, though: any idea what I did wrong that removed the sounds/particle effects from the Sergeant, Atlas, Redstone & other rocket emgines?

1 hour ago, Jestokost said:

Thank you! One other question, though: any idea what I did wrong that removed the sounds/particle effects from the Sergeant, Atlas, Redstone & other rocket emgines?

The Real Plume configs are activating for some reason, probably because you have SmokeScreen installed but not Real Plume. Either install Real Plume, or go into Bluedog_DB/Compatibility and delete the Real Plume folder. :)

MFe2TcG.png

HydroDelta II takes the ideas of HydroDelta and makes them bigger. A new half-centaur stage,new CryoThor core, new 'Volcano' engine, and 9 new GEM solids around the base. payload capacity becomes about 3 tons of third stage and payload to orbit.

Just now, Rory Yammomoto said:

In Eyes. What did the Partially resuable Saturn II in Eyes have in the engines department?

Oh. I don't know. It's outside the scope of BDB (because there's no visual reference and there's plenty other Saturn stuff that has to be done)

1 hour ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

In Eyes. What did the Partially resuable Saturn II in Eyes have in the engines department?

2 SSME like engines for lift-off, two smaller engines for boost-back & landing.

2 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

1 hour ago, awsumindyman said:

2 SSME like engines for lift-off, two smaller engines for boost-back & landing.

Not quite. Twin main engines staged combustion kerolox engines of roughly RS-84 design (~4.5 to 4.75 MN sea level each), and two gas gen kerolox engines in the class of the FASTRAC but designed for easy reuse instead of low-cost expendability (~200 kN each, throttle to 70%). Same basic concept, just kerolox.

On 4.3.2017 at 11:10 PM, Jso said:

I have no idea what you're talking about. There's no RF configs in this mod.

However... I took my very very old set of RF configs and brought them up to date. There's just Apollo left to do. Since I don't use RealFuels anymore, I need a person or two that both uses BDB/RF-Stockalike and is knowledgable about RF configs to give them a dry run before I turn them over to @Raptor831. There's probably a few NEEDS[!RealFuels] we need to sprinkle around for the next release.

I'm currently running my own setup of configs for RF and BDB (here's ( Atlas configs for BDB ) an example on how I managed it). If you want a helping hand, drop me a message.

1 hour ago, awsumindyman said:

Give the Skylab the ability to be converted into a habitation module for use in long range spacecraft/permanent bases.

Please elaborate.

Do you mean you want more life support supplies?

Do you want some sort of habitat modifier for something a living space or fitness mod?

Do you just want more crew capacity for use as a 'bus'?

"Habitation module" isn't that useful for anyone who wanted to make configs.