[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

On 3/20/2017 at 2:42 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

@Jso sent me a very clear explanation of what he thought is going on, and why TweakableDockingNode was wrong.

The code in question is more than 4 years old.

I can now state that @Jso was 99% correct in his diagnosis.  After looking at the code, I have identified what is most likely a very long-standing bug, in that the code was simply looking for ANY animation attached to a docking node, rather than one which is referenced as part of the docking node itself.

I've fixed it, am now testing it before release

Okay, field report time...

Fix is working properly on both BlueDog AND the Mark IV Spaceplane system. it is NOT working on OPT inline docking ports.

26 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Okay, field report time...

Fix is working properly on both BlueDog AND the Mark IV Spaceplane system. it is NOT working on OPT inline docking ports.

Not working, how?  And I am aware of an initialization issue with the unshielded ports

Found this little tidbit today; Still, I couldn't imagine hearing Nixon of all people reading this aloud

https://www.archives.gov/files/presidential-libraries/events/centennials/nixon/images/exhibit/rn100-6-1-2.pdf

"Fate has ordained that the men who went to the Moon to explore in peace will stay on the Moon to rest in peace."

Ok, i found the problem with the Tweakable Docking Node, would appreciate it if those of you who tested the previous file, take a few minutes to test this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tp9u1aztbjml84w/TweakableDockingNode-b2.zip?dl=0

Thanks

Please keep in mind that I need your help, there is no way I can test everything.  I tested what I can, but I don't have OPT installed, among other things.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, i found the problem with the Tweakable Docking Node, would appreciate it if those of you who tested the previous file, take a few minutes to test this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tp9u1aztbjml84w/TweakableDockingNode-b2.zip?dl=0

Thanks

Please keep in mind that I need your help, there is no way I can test everything.  I tested what I can, but I don't have OPT installed, among other things.

That's what we're here for, among other things. :D DL'ing, installing, and launching now. Expect a report in ~15-20 minutes.

Some more images of WIP texture update stuff, all in very very very different states of work. Keep in mind that the stuff that looks 'flat' (including the Apollo/LEM screenshots yesterday) is because I removed/hide the normal and specularity maps so that I could remake them once the base texture is stable again.

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

32 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

That's what we're here for, among other things. :D DL'ing, installing, and launching now. Expect a report in ~15-20 minutes.

Okay, report from the field...

Problem persists with OPT. Suspect it may be a conflict between Tweakable Docking Node and Firespitter, which is used to change the fuel load in the docking port part.

Back on topic for the thread as a whole: Looking sharp, Wolf. Can't wait to blow 'em up... eeerrr, test them in the field.

Edited by MaverickSawyer

Ok.  So, I'm going to move this conversation about TweakableEverything to the correct thread here:  

I wasn't aware the old one had been lost :-(

Anyway, I downloaded and installed OPT, I see the problem (node is there, but not usable)  I think the problem isn't the Firespitter, but something else inthe part itself, I'll have to dig into it and see.

Thank you @CobaltWolf for being patient with this side discussion, it doesn't belong here any more.

Final comment re. the TweakableDockingNode:

Thank you to all who tested.  I found the problem with the shielded code the other day, and just now figured out the issue with the OPT docking nodes.  I've contacted @MaverickSawyer directly to test the fix before I release it.

Now, back to BlueDog Design Bureau:

@CobaltWolf The graphics you've posted look amazing.  But, (and take this from me as a player, not a modder), I get the impression of more of a stone-age type of construction rather than modern rockets;  the texturing makes those panels look very thick.  I think that vessels built out of BDB parts will look great, but when you start to mix parts with other mods, there may be a bit of a clash of styles

16 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@CobaltWolf The graphics you've posted look amazing.  But, (and take this from me as a player, not a modder), I get the impression of more of a stone-age type of construction rather than modern rockets;  the texturing makes those panels look very thick.  I think that vessels built out of BDB parts will look great, but when you start to mix parts with other mods, there may be a bit of a clash of styles

Most of these are not *modern* rockets per se. While on the Saturn V and Delta I could agree with you some, keep in mind that most of these are 60's through early 70's rockets.

Just now, Jall said:

Most of these are not *modern* rockets per se. While on the Saturn V and Delta I could agree with you some, keep in mind that most of these are 60's through early 70's rockets.

I got that.  And, I've seen, up close and in person, a gemini and mercury rockets.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:
1 hour ago, Jall said:

I got that.  And, I've seen, up close and in person, a gemini and mercury rockets.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing, just offering up my opinion.  Others may (and most likely do) feel differently

And frankly, I can see using these in a storyline, one where there are two competing space programs.  By using these parts, it would definitely have a different flavor than the stock parts

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing, just offering up my opinion.  Others may (and most likely do) feel differently

And frankly, I can see using these in a storyline, one where there are two competing space programs.  By using these parts, it would definitely have a different flavor than the stock parts

The parts on the left are stock. :wink:

3 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

Where are the tanks with the orange butts from?

The parts of Porkjet's part revamp that got released. Tweaked everything a bit more, but I really gotta get a paper done today. We'll see if I can get more done tonight.

unknown.png

9 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

The parts of Porkjet's part revamp that got released. Tweaked everything a bit more, but I really gotta get a paper done today. We'll see if I can get more done tonight.

Oh, so that's why I didn't recognize them.  I don't use that revamp

6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Oh, so that's why I didn't recognize them.  I don't use that revamp

Yeah , I also recognized the tanks in the middle but not the one's on the left,I wonder if orange tanks are going to be a part of BDB

Edited by NeoFatalis