[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

4 minutes ago, fwdixon said:

Ok, I goofed up. I wanted to try skylab and installed the new BDB version. Then found out that it doesn't work with KSP1.2.2, so I deleted it and downloaded the last version that says it works with 1.2.2. Now, whenever I try to launch a rocket using BDB boosters, the plumes shoot sideways and the rockets can't lift off the pad (twr shows correct in engineer, and the thrust vector shows in the correct direction, so not sure what is going on)

Those two boosters (the two Algol variants) were bugged in that version. Just take the Engines folder (which REALLY needs to get renamed since it's actually pretty much just Scout, Athena and some misc solid stuff) from the latest release and replace it in your old version. In fact, everything in the newest Bluedog_DB/Parts/ directory should work except the Agena Materials Bay - they were all developed in 1.2.2, after all.

37 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Those two boosters (the two Algol variants) were bugged in that version. Just take the Engines folder (which REALLY needs to get renamed since it's actually pretty much just Scout, Athena and some misc solid stuff) from the latest release and replace it in your old version. In fact, everything in the newest Bluedog_DB/Parts/ directory should work except the Agena Materials Bay - they were all developed in 1.2.2, after all.

ok, sweet! will give that a shot!

Update: It worked!

Edited by fwdixon
update

5 hours ago, drtedastro said:

h

EDIT: other craft with missing part(s)

Mars/Venbus flyby ship missing bluedog.Apollo.Block4.MissionModule

Sarnus MLV 5-25L missing bluedog.Saturn.S4C.EngineMount

Saturn Multibody M02 missing bluedog.Saturn.S1F.Tankage

Oh did you make a successful flyby ship for a Duna/Eve flyby with BDB parts?

howdy, found a tiny lil bug with the BSA-0150-0120 - MOS-LA Large Structural Adapter, the end cap size switching doesn't work, it stays fat no matter what:

[WRN 04:33:13.810] Warning on PartSubtype 1.25m on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part bluedog.MOL.Adapter.1875.15: No transforms named Adapter_1875_125 found
[WRN 04:33:13.810] Warning on PartSubtype 1.5m on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part bluedog.MOL.Adapter.1875.15: No transforms named Adapter_1875_15 found

i've had so much fun building all kinds of weird rocket hybrids, huge thanks to you and Jso and also IronCretin for the real names patch

VGHWPJf.png

1 hour ago, vollinger said:

howdy, found a tiny lil bug with the BSA-0150-0120 - MOS-LA Large Structural Adapter, the end cap size switching doesn't work, it stays fat no matter what:

[WRN 04:33:13.810] Warning on PartSubtype 1.25m on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part bluedog.MOL.Adapter.1875.15: No transforms named Adapter_1875_125 found
[WRN 04:33:13.810] Warning on PartSubtype 1.5m on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='meshSwitch') on part bluedog.MOL.Adapter.1875.15: No transforms named Adapter_1875_15 found

i've had so much fun building all kinds of weird rocket hybrids, huge thanks to you and Jso and also IronCretin for the real names patch

D'oh! There was some sort of thing where I accidentally deleted them off Github or something.

16 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

You're missing the BDB.dll plugin somehow. Do a fresh install of the mod.

OK, I found the issue. I had installed the last BDB for KSP 1.2.2, using it in KSP 1.3.
Now I downloaded the v1.3 of BDB but that broke my career-savegame. Ingame I see only a few Science-Parts and Antennas. All other parts are not shown. In R&D the parts are purchased and unlocked but when I load a craft in VAB KSP says "contains experimental parts". So all purchased parts are now experimental parts and not available in VAB/SPH. :/

24 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I've been making so much progress on those, that's why I've been posting so many WIP screenshots of them.

I haven't seen any since the first one, got a link to your imgur handy?

edit: found it

Edited by Kerbal01

1 hour ago, notJebKerman said:

Since this mod includes RL-10B, that is, used only on Delta III & IV, does that mean it will be added at some point? I mean... Atlas 5 is already in....

I'd like to do Delta III at some point, I'd rather not do Delta IV.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'd like to do Delta III at some point, I'd rather not do Delta IV.

I would think the issue of the Delta IV would be whatever or not you want to design your own Common Booster Core rocket as part of the BDB package.

3 hours ago, gc1ceo said:

I would think the issue of the Delta IV would be whatever or not you want to design your own Common Booster Core rocket as part of the BDB package.

The fact is, Cobalt doesn't like large SOFI covered tanks, hence no Delta IV.

9 minutes ago, TimothyC said:

The fact is, Cobalt doesn't like large SOFI covered tanks, hence no Delta IV.

But but... Sprayed On Foam Insulation is good for everybody.. for kids.. for parents.. for your pet dog.. *grins*

59 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

Why is the hatch obstructed? (all 4 hatches on the station are)?

As you have discovered, the hatch on the airlock is located on the end of the part and is axial relative to the part's orientation.