[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

11 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

That's the wrong log file, I need the KSP.log file from your root KSP directory. However, my guess would be you're using the wrong version of BDB for your game version. The most recent release only works in KSP 1.3.1, for example.

I tried deleting and reinstalling Bluedog, though I am still seeing the same error. Here is the KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mun1m8uqfzkiwae/KSPlog.zip?dl=0

On 12/23/2017 at 10:58 AM, CobaltWolf said:

Merry christmas you filthy animals. Don't have a lot of time - barely had enough to upload all this! - but wanted to make sure you all had it for the holiday weekend... Cheers everyone! Hope you all are enjoying your holidays. As always, please post any bugs you find, and we'll try and get a hotfix out soon for all the inevitable issues.

Bluedog Design Bureau v1.4.0 "атлас"

Download from Spacedock or Github. CKAN should be updating soon.

Thanks to @DiscoSlelge for making this video at my request, following inspiration by @Drakenex

I have a complaint!  It's taking too damned long to download.  Arg!!!  Who here supports Australian "broad"band?  I didn't vote for this.

On the other hand, thanks for the update.  :D

23 hours ago, fallout2077 said:

I tried deleting and reinstalling Bluedog, though I am still seeing the same error. Here is the KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mun1m8uqfzkiwae/KSPlog.zip?dl=0

I hate to say it but there is no way that is BDB + a Clean install.   First entry is stating there are missing components from the Galileo Planet Pack (GPP)

While I am not a great parser of KSPLOG files I can see MANY MODS that are missing parts.   Bluedog is ONE OF MANY in this case.  

Your issues stream from multiple mods interfering with each other.    Check that you have downloaded the latest Dependencies (things like B9Partswitch, Modmanager, DMAgic Science Animate etc.) 

After that, I hate to say this because it looks like it will be a LOT of work to test (I have been there so I know...)   But you are best starting with a True Clean install.  Then install the BAsic GPP mod set... test the game, Install GPP related addons...Test the game, Install Bluedog..  TEST the game, Install SSTU... Test the game...  Install KIS...  well rinse and repeat until all your mods are running.....As soon as the game breaks with missing parts you will know what mod is the cause.  

For followup.  I see three mods I have never had good luck with when playing with lots of other mods...       FAR, VanguardTechnologies and HullcameraVDS.     I am not saying any of the three mods are bad... Rather I have just had bad... VERY BAD luck with them.

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

After that, I hate to say this because it looks like it will be a LOT of work to test (I have been there so I know...)   But you are best starting with a True Clean install.  Then install the BAsic GPP mod set... test the game, Install GPP related addons...Test the game, Install Bluedog..  TEST the game, Install SSTU... Test the game...  Install KIS...  well rinse and repeat until all your mods are running.....As soon as the game breaks with missing parts you will know what mod is the cause. 

I had a feeling I may have to resort to this if I ever wanted a chance in heck in getting my copy of modded KSP in working order. Alrighty, thank you for the suggestions.

Does anyone know how are Delta 4000 & 5000 from ETS supposed to look like? I wasn't able to find a lot of information on it, but I was assuming it's the Delta II core using Centaur-D. However, on the ETS thread it is specified that there is a version of D4000 without any boosters while D2 requires boosters in order to achieve a TWR above 1...

18 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

Does anyone know how are Delta 4000 & 5000 from ETS supposed to look like? I wasn't able to find a lot of information on it, but I was assuming it's the Delta II core using Centaur-D. However, on the ETS thread it is specified that there is a version of D4000 without any boosters while D2 requires boosters in order to achieve a TWR above 1...

Pretty complete description

On 12/27/2017 at 1:44 AM, fallout2077 said:

I had a feeling I may have to resort to this if I ever wanted a chance in heck in getting my copy of modded KSP in working order. Alrighty, thank you for the suggestions.

Haven't had a chance to look at your log yet, I'll try to get to it this weekend (see below)

EDIT: Quickly looked at it, it does indeed seem to be crashing on the Agena A... just for shiggles, before you embark on Pappystein's solution, perhaps try removing everything but BDB and it's dependencies, just so we know for sure that there isn't anything broken in your install. (I know you said you did a fresh install but I want to be sure)

7 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

Just a small problem with attachment point on the Sarnus 1/1B first stage...

1 hour ago, gc1ceo said:

Yep, the issue has been brought up a couple of times on the github so it's not just you. :)

Yup, trying to get a hotfix out this weekend if I can find the time.

23 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

5 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Indeed, it's definitely something that is in the 'nice if I could get to it some day' category. It's basically a 1.875m kerolox core with 3 RS-27 engines one it, and then the Centaur D, which later becomes a Centaur E...

Edited by CobaltWolf

2 minutes ago, gc1ceo said:

Excellent about the update news, especially given its the holidays I'd understand if a hot fix wasn't out immediately but I definitely want to be able to play with my Saturn I/IB again. :)

If you need it ASAP (I always hated the idea of people having to wait for days for a fix when they could have been playing! it stresses me out!) then you could just grab the .mu and the .cfg from an older version of the part (actually, the one in the last stable release is also missing a rather big error that I introduced regarding B9partSwitch, so that's maybe for the best)

Please excuse me if I'm remembering things wrongly, but was the Luna 3 probe core released? I seem to remember seeing it in the VAB alongside the Sputnik 3 once, but it's not there now.

Also, Pioneer 5 and Explorer 7 seem to miss their respective lower halves, but there are some fairly old WIP shots of them in the thread. Will they eventually be released?

MET: 00:01:32:25.36

UT: 03:40:51, 27/09/1988

Shuttlelab Expedition 01

Following the cutbacks of the Apollo Applications Program and the cancelled Spacelab, Gerald Ford's ambitious Space Shuttle program speared the development of space exploration in Low-Kerbin-Orbit and Near-Kerbin-Orbit. The Cancelled Spacelab hardware was hence appropriated into the quickly conceived Shuttlelab, using the AAP technology combined with STS engineering to develop the Shuttle-C; an unmanned launch stack. Shuttlelab is expected to provide a new era for science in micro-gravity and provide the ability to develop skills necessary for orbital construction and ISRU technologies.

yCNb9t7.png

Shuttle parts by the amazing @Pak

Spacelab parts by the dazzling @CobaltWolf

Edited by wallum61

Bluedog Design Bureau v1.4.1 "атлас"

Changelog:

-Fixed Saturn S1 issues
-Fixed Titan radial decouplers
-Fixed Titan 2 engine shroud
-Fixed HLR-ZOID radiators

Download from Spacedock or Github. CKAN should be updating soon.

On 12/28/2017 at 4:51 PM, fallout2077 said:

I found the culprit... Test Flight was the mod causing the crashes. It seems that despite using a version of the TestFlight.dll compiled against 1.3.1 it still poses a problem.

Glad to hear you were able to fix it!

On 12/29/2017 at 5:48 PM, TK-313 said:

Please excuse me if I'm remembering things wrongly, but was the Luna 3 probe core released? I seem to remember seeing it in the VAB alongside the Sputnik 3 once, but it's not there now.

Also, Pioneer 5 and Explorer 7 seem to miss their respective lower halves, but there are some fairly old WIP shots of them in the thread. Will they eventually be released?

Never released, there were some side-by-side screenshots of it. Same with the P5/E7 bits - there's just a lot of WIP stuff bouncing around on my PC and there's never enough time for all of it. Every so often chunks of it get finished and released.

On 12/29/2017 at 10:50 PM, wallum61 said:

MET: 00:01:32:25.36

UT: 03:40:51, 27/09/1988

Shuttlelab Expedition 01

Following the cutbacks of the Apollo Applications Program and the cancelled Spacelab, Gerald Ford's ambitious Space Shuttle program speared the development of space exploration in Low-Kerbin-Orbit and Near-Kerbin-Orbit. The Cancelled Spacelab hardware was hence appropriated into the quickly conceived Shuttlelab, using the AAP technology combined with STS engineering to develop the Shuttle-C; an unmanned launch stack. Shuttlelab is expected to provide a new era for science in micro-gravity and provide the ability to develop skills necessary for orbital construction and ISRU technologies.

Shuttle parts by the amazing @Pak

Spacelab parts by the dazzling @CobaltWolf

Thank you, though I must say @MrMeeb's Shuttle Payload Technologies have a far better Spacelab (as in, the shuttle spacelab and not the parts from the Eyes Turned Skyward Spacelab) assuming it still works in updated KSP versions.

On 12/30/2017 at 4:20 AM, Sudragon said:

Ion Engines, uses of:

Nice!

On 1/1/2018 at 4:25 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Thank you, though I must say @MrMeeb's Shuttle Payload Technologies have a far better Spacelab (as in, the shuttle spacelab and not the parts from the Eyes Turned Skyward Spacelab) assuming it still works in updated KSP versions.

Indeed, I've played with his parts before on many a time, but this particular example was a timeline of my own thought, one not quite as divergent as ETS, hence the Spacelab I was referring to was indeed the ETS one. 

8 hours ago, Kerbal01 said:

Gonna use the new Kohutek probe core/service module for literally every probe now, thanks. Just needs fuel switching.

@Kerbal01 can you post a screenshot of that Kohutek probe core/service module please? my desktop is in for servicing..so I cant look for myself at the moment.