[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

2 minutes ago, Jall said:

Looking great! So.. will this be part of a new mod, or what?

Nah fam, he's making it for a personal career save.

But in all seriousness......

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

As a reminder, these will not be part of BDB, but are a joint project between myself and @Beale (And we'll probably beg @Jso to balance it and make any configs we need). Visit his thread for ongoing updates on the Black Arrow parts - he's got some cool stuff coming down the line! The first release will focus exclusively on the British Blue Streak and Black Arrow, along with their variants. There may or may not be additional expansions made to cover the Europa rocket line, but the primary focus is just updating the old Tantares NLV parts.

Question.. I loaded in the mod and everything works beautifully. Except, When I go to load craft I seem to be missing block 4 of the command module. the name it gives me when I try to load a craft file with it (The pre-builds that were on the site) it says: "bluedog.Apollo.Block4.MissionModule" I tried reinstalling but didn't change anything.

Any chance someone has a solution?:D 

I have a gameplay question…. How do you get the Crew to climb the ladder on the L.E.M.?, I have the crew on the surface of the Mun and I can’t get them to go up the ladder of the L.E.M. after they grab ahold the ladder.

Thanks!

There seem to be a few problems with the LM:

• The aforementioned Descent Module ladder issue.
  • The attachment node on top of the descent module is too high. I have to manually move it down so the AM sits properly on the DM, but this makes separation on the lunar surface a bit wonky.
  • When a kerbal EVAs from the AM in lunar orbit, it goes spinning. I suspect an issue with the ladder placement and the collision box of the AM.
  • The AM has antennas, but it can't transmit.

Other than that, I'm loving it !

CLS(Connected Living Space)

I'm using CLS with the Blue Dog parts and cannot transfer crew between the docked Lunar Descent module and the Command Module even after making all the required connected parts "CLS Passable".

I realize the BD parts do not support CLS and don't expect a fix but thought I would mention it here.  In addition, via various tests with docking ports opened and unlimited crew transfer selected crew transfers still don't work.

Finally, I wanted to ask if there is a chance the BD parts might support CLS?  I imagine it would require additional parameters added to certain parts and of course the CLS modder may need to be contacted.

If not, no problem I'll just deal with it (I just go EVA when possible) but I would put in a plug for the CLS mod since it really is cool and makes a lot of sense.

Edited by Tuko

3 hours ago, Tuko said:

CLS(Connected Living Space)

I'm using CLS with the Blue Dog parts and cannot transfer crew between the docked Lunar Descent module and the Command Module even after making all the required connected parts "CLS Passable".

I realize the BD parts do not support CLS and don't expect a fix but thought I would mention it here.  In addition, via various tests with docking ports opened and unlimited crew transfer selected crew transfers still don't work.

Finally, I wanted to ask if there is a chance the BD parts might support CLS?  I imagine it would require additional parameters added to certain parts and of course the CLS modder may need to be contacted.

If not, no problem I'll just deal with it (I just go EVA when possible) but I would put in a plug for the CLS mod since it really is cool and makes a lot of sense.

CLS by default, attempts to add hatches to a given part if it has a ModuleDockingPort contained in the part.

When it detects such a part, it will automatically add a ModuleDockingHatch Module to the part, during part load via a Module Manager config.  Hatch opening and closing is controlled via this module.  I'm not (yet) familiar with BDB parts, so I cannot say what the issue is, but maybe this info will shed some light...

Edited by Papa_Joe

1 hour ago, Papa_Joe said:

CLS by default, attempts to add hatches to a given part if it has a ModuleDockingPort contained in the part.

When it detects such a part, it will automatically add a ModuleDockingHatch Module to the part, during part load via a Module Manager config.  Hatch opening and closing is controlled via this module.  I'm not (yet) familiar with BDB parts, so I cannot say what the issue is, but maybe this info will shed some light...

Well if you want go into the VAB and connect the command module to the LEM and fire up CLS, you'll see there is no connecting living space.  Run a simulation and open the hatches and you'll see that there is still no joy....

Edited by Tuko

1 minute ago, Deltac said:

Went to the Air Force Museum this weekend to explore stuff, and got some space pics!

Super cool! Got any other pictures of the not-a-rocket stuff? Did they have any WWII fighters? Only air and space museum I've been to was the Udvar-Hazy annex of the Smithsonian. Amazing place.

1 hour ago, blorgon said:

Super cool! Got any other pictures of the not-a-rocket stuff? Did they have any WWII fighters? Only air and space museum I've been to was the Udvar-Hazy annex of the Smithsonian. Amazing place.

Unfortunately my phone was on low battery, so I don't have any more pics, but the musuem covers the entire history of the US Air Force from the Wright Bros to the UAVs and F-22 Raptor.  You can find out more info here: http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/

6 minutes ago, Deltac said:

Unfortunately my phone was on low battery, so I don't have any more pics, but the musuem covers the entire history of the US Air Force from the Wright Bros to the UAVs and F-22 Raptor.  You can find out more info here: http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/

If I ever find myself in OH, which I doubt, I will absolutely go. Sounds great.

48 minutes ago, blorgon said:

If I ever find myself in OH, which I doubt, I will absolutely go. Sounds great.

If you're REALLY interested, you should make the effort to get there.  I'm originally from Columbus, Ohio (so only about 90 minutes away), and have been there several times over the past 45 years or so.  It's really worth it to go.  They have the only remaining XB-70, the Have Blue (stealth testbed), an F-117, the X-24 and X-24B (lifting body test craft), an X-15, the X-3, part of Bocks Car (B-29 that dropped the second A-Bomb on Nagasaki), one of the Apollo Command modules, and an F-111F (tail number 448, IIRC).  The significance of the F-111 is that I used to work on that aircraft.  Even if I got the tail number wrong, I still worked on it, as I was a weapons loader in England where that plane was assigned to the 48TFW at RAF Lakenheath.  Weapons troops work all aircraft in the squadron, as opposed to crew chiefs who only work on specific aircraft.

They also have the Wright Brothers' homemade wind tunnel, a history of flight display that starts as far back as Da Vinci, with models of his "helicopter" and other flying devices.  The last time I was there, it was set up you you start with the Da Vinci stuff, and as you follow the displays around, the aircraft become more modern, starting with WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, and so on.  They even have a B-36 that amazed me as a little kid, due to its size.  Oh yeah, they also have an XF-85 Goblin, which was a fighter designed to be carried by the B-36, then hook back up after it flew its mission.