[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

10 hours ago, dtoxic said:

can someone tel me what's going on? i checked if there was a stray plugin for boiloff, but every time i pick a fuel tank (no matter witch) i get this

Hide contents

[Part bluedog.ablestarTank] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'fuelSwitch'] Switched subtype to LF/O
[EXC 22:37:53.085] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    BDB.ModuleBdbBoiloff.UpdatePreLaunch ()
    BDB.ModuleBdbBoiloff.Start ()

i even disabled Boiloff in the settings to no effect, anything else i can do?

P.S

i tried adding cryo tanks as it has simpleboiloff plugin thinking that;s causing the problem, but nope same problem

as far as i can tell i have all the latest versions for 1.3.1

Bug. It's fixed. Thanks for the heads up!

6 hours ago, hraban said:

Was the length and diameter interchanged during the reconstruction of the Pioneer 6 probe? Actually, the diameter should be 94 cm (~ 37 inches) and the length of the cylindrical body should be 81 cm (~ 32 inches).

Unfortunately we will just have to chalk it up to artistic license. I also wanted it to be usable for Giotto - it splits at the top of the lower solar panel ring.

11 hours ago, Drakenex said:

jaw drops :o!!

Are you going to update Atlas V as well? Add the AJ-60A? New RL-10 Textures? New Centaur V? Is global warming a real threat? How much vodka in my screwdriver?

No updates to Atlas V stuff - hopefully the reason will become apparent soon. RL-10 already got its refresh earlier in the update cycle. I believe I put more work in after I took this screenshot but its the only one I can find in my Imgur history.

geKMRis.png

6 hours ago, Kablob said:

Is there anyway to use the Skylab workshop part as a wet workshop? I saw a craft file that had it with fuel once but I'm not sure how to replicate it myself ingame.

I believe we still have working configs to make it compatible with @Angel-125's excellent MOLE mod.

27 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I believe we still have working configs to make it compatible with @Angel-125's excellent MOLE mod.

Great, thanks! I've been wanting to do an Eve flyby with the Apollo Applications mission plan. Speaking of which, the plan calls for the service engine to be propelled by two LEM Descent engines. I can make it with a stock bicoupler and part clipping, but are there any plans to add it as a single part like with the other Apollo SM engines?

Edited by Kablob

42 minutes ago, Kablob said:

Great, thanks! I've been wanting to do an Eve flyby with the Apollo Applications mission plan. Speaking of which, the plan calls for the service engine to be propelled by two LEM Descent engines. I can make it with a stock bicoupler and part clipping, but are there any plans to add it as a single part like with the other Apollo SM engines?

Likely not, if only because I have a lot of stuff on my plate and I'm already a lot behind schedule.

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Likely not, if only because I have a lot of stuff on my plate and I'm already a lot behind schedule.

Is cool. I'd just like to say that this is one of my favorite KSP mods and you're doing a great job. :D

Edited by Kablob

Hi @CobaltWolf seeing that RL-10 picture prompted me to go and have a quick look at the RL-10B config. From what I can tell using "thrustTransform" for the gimbal module seems to alleviate the wonkiness. Whether or not that is something you would consider adding as an interim method of getting the RL-10B somewhat functional in the pack, just thought I might mention it as I couldn't see it mentioned in the thread (If it has, I apologise)

1 hour ago, Chimer4 said:

Hi @CobaltWolf seeing that RL-10 picture prompted me to go and have a quick look at the RL-10B config. From what I can tell using "thrustTransform" for the gimbal module seems to alleviate the wonkiness. Whether or not that is something you would consider adding as an interim method of getting the RL-10B somewhat functional in the pack, just thought I might mention it as I couldn't see it mentioned in the thread (If it has, I apologise)

I, uh, 'ate' that part of the texture when I touched up the RL-10. But I did have a plan for it, thanks for reminding me!

Spoiler

[EXC 16:22:14.800] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleEngines.UpdatePropellantGauge (.Propellant p)
    ModuleEngines.UpdatePropellantStatus (Boolean doGauge)
    ModuleEngines.FixedUpdate ()

Getting nullref's all over the place when starting an engine on the launch pad,might be do to heavy moded (or the previus error boiloff is causing) game but still some one more experienced might wanna take a look at this.

Also the log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ishii86lasg3b7o/KSP.rar?dl=0

10 minutes ago, dtoxic said:
  Hide contents

[EXC 16:22:14.800] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleEngines.UpdatePropellantGauge (.Propellant p)
    ModuleEngines.UpdatePropellantStatus (Boolean doGauge)
    ModuleEngines.FixedUpdate ()

Getting nullref's all over the place when starting an engine on the launch pad,might be do to heavy moded (or the previus error boiloff is causing) game but still some one more experienced might wanna take a look at this.

Also the log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ishii86lasg3b7o/KSP.rar?dl=0

What makes you think it's something with BDB? Is it one of our engines doing it? Sadly the error doesn't seem very descriptive. :huh:

10 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

What makes you think it's something with BDB? Is it one of our engines doing it? Sadly the error doesn't seem very descriptive. :huh:

yeap it;s your engines, let me chek if it's all or just that one, will be back in a min.....

ok... so a quick test the following engines are the problem

405H,45K,6K,X-405, it's just these engines (the ones that have 2 engines on one, dont know how to say it better sorry)

ill check now just BDB with dependencies see if it;s the same problem.....

ok scratch all that, must be some conflict in my mod's

Ok jus a head's up "ShowAllFuels" was the problem, a mod that would show all the fuels an engine was using, to avid problems dont use this for the time being

Edited by dtoxic

Alright, just to show you guys that I am still working...

I also have some bad news. Ya boi is now gainfully employed! Unfortunately, I don't know how that will effect the speed of BDB updates. I guess we'll all just have to see!

W1NvuXI.pnghEZAwae.png

Edited by CobaltWolf

@CobaltWolf just noticed a couple of messages that warn that there is no "Normal map" textures, harmless i guess

Spoiler

[ERR 18:31:58.593] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Apollo/bluedog_StructuralTop_NRM' not found!

[ERR 18:31:58.974] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Engines/bluedog_Scout_NRM' not found!

[ERR 18:31:59.104] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Gemini/Gemini_Service_A_NRM' not found!

[ERR 18:31:59.104] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Gemini/Gemini_Crew_A_NRM' not found!

[ERR 18:31:59.523] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Parts/Saturn/placeholder' not found!

[ERR 18:32:00.009] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Spaces/Gemini_B_Int/Gemini_Crew_A_Interior_auv' not found!

[ERR 18:32:00.010] Texture 'Bluedog_DB/Spaces/Gemini_B_Int/Gemini_Crew_A_Interior_NRM' not found!

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I also have some bad news. Ya boi is now gainfully employed! Unfortunately, I don't know how that will effect the speed of BDB updates. I guess we'll all just have to see!

Glad to see block 4 is here. This is just an idea for the future, but... I think universal 1.25 m androgynous port, combination between APAS and CBM would be a great addition. Why? From what I’ve seen of ETS Freedom the same port appears to be used both for docking of B4 CSM and station modules. None of the CxA ports are great for that. APAS is too small (.9 m) and CBM is not even a docking port (technically it’s a berthing port). 

8 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Don't worry at all! RL comes first, congratulations on your new job!

Edited by Drakenex

On 19-10-2017 at 6:20 PM, CobaltWolf said:

W1NvuXI.pnghEZAwae.png

Congrats dude. I hope you're going to have a good time

Edited by Hay

On 10/19/2017 at 12:20 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Wot!  More Excuses!  :):P:sticktongue:

Seriously congratulations on the new job.  Like Drakenex said RL must come first. 

I will put my two cents in on the docking port issue mentioned by notjebkerman.   I had to go outside of BDB for docking ports I liked at the 1m/1.25m size.  I mentioned this a few months ago but the included CMB/APAS style ports like to NOT DOCK in my builds.  Or worse... EXPLOSIVELY UN-DOCK if I DO get them to dock.  I think it has something to do with the coliders and how the ring moves but I can't prove it and I wasn't willing to explore the problem further.   I am

To be clear I have no issues with the original Probe/Drogue Apollo ports or any of the ports for the various parts of Gemini.

I ended up using SSTU's docking ports with my own little moddlet (via MM file) to give me various sizes from 0.9375m (For Apollo) up-to 1.875 (for MOL.)

Hi.. 

first of all i must say this is a great mod. I love playing with it.. it add so much into the game.. graphs are great and its sure u spend some serious time doing it. i love this mod :)

on the other hand.. im having some problem and i need help. Before go on, i must say i didnt check other posts if theres something about my problem because there are so many posts.

so.. i have this rocket of mine. I created it with tantares mod. basically i can put a sat in to orbit in 3 stages. 1st is my boosters which can take me to 5 or 6 000 alt. and 2nd can put me into the orbit around 90 000. and 3rd i put my sat into any orbit. Now... my 2nd stage has around 1300 fuel. and a 380 engine is enough for my 2nd stage.  When i use your 2 fuel tanks around 1250 with boosters im having this problem. my boosters takes me to 4 or 5 000 and im using your engine with 350s i cant even make it to 60.000 .... i really cant understand what im doing wrong...

well its a stupid one but you sure all your engines and fuel tanks are working fine.. right? :P

i really dont know what im doing wrong... any ideas?

PS: i love this mode so much that i only register to this form and post my very first post! hehe just to ask if im doing something wrong