[1.12.5] Bluedog Design Bureau - Stockalike Saturn, Apollo, and more! (v1.13.0 "Забытый" 13/Aug/2023)

CobaltWolf

8 hours ago, Pappystein said:

You have NO fuel or you have no way to select DIFFERENT fuels?

I have no fuel at all.

7 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Copy the below information into a new file named BlueDogDB_Temp_Bugfix.cfg and place it in your Gamedata folder

Unfortunately, it didn't work - it still has no fuel.

6 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

I have no fuel at all.

Well then you DO have a mod either out of date, you have two cfgs with the part name: bluedog_Saturn_S1F_Tankage  or a mod is actually killing the part.   If you are using the BDB_Extras folder, MAKE CERTAIN it is current and up to date!  I have my own version of the BDB extra cfg files and that means I had to manually comment/delete out all the code for the S1F parts (tank, S-IVC parts as well.)   

We have seen a lot of issues because of the ORDER mods were installed... Some Mods were loading older versions of the dependency mods (eg B9PartSwitch, DMagicScienceAnimate etc...   Check THOSE mods and make certain you have the most up-to-date list of mods.

My Build only has BDB, MechJeb and some of the DMagic mods as I am testing out some new thrust curves and trying to develop my CFG and MM skills further ATM.  As I said, NO ISSUES with BDB 1.41 with any parts except the fuel switch (which my CFG took care of.)

On 9/24/2017 at 2:11 AM, Drakenex said:

Testing the Atlas revamp and taking the Delta II out of retirement

EOS Terra

EOS Aura

O5W97JY.png

What Mod are the Satellites and the launch towwer from, they fit with this mod perfectly.

On 1/13/2018 at 1:40 PM, Kerbal01 said:

After about a week of testing (read: using it for every probe in my new save) I can conclude the Kohutek probe core with service module actively occludes it's own solar panels 99% of the time. Very annoying.

Noted, will look into it.

On 1/13/2018 at 5:42 PM, biohazard15 said:

Found a bug with S1F tank: it has no fuel inside.

The fuel returns if you delete mesh switching module from .cfg, but that introduces texture glitches on lower half (like there's two textures applied at the same time).

Might have something to do with my other mods, but I can't think of anything. I'm using B9 switcher from BDB v1.4.1 package.

On 1/14/2018 at 12:15 AM, demibear said:

I brought that up before. Someone needs to add the part to the overrides for B9 switcher since it has the module within it. Not sure if it is a separate cfg file or not.

Though the Sarnus IVB 3.75m Decoupler does strange things if you decouple while turning. Bloody thing gets struck around the IVB tank, spinning around like some California gangster's rims sometimes.

@demibear which decoupler are you talking about? The interstage you mean?

On 1/14/2018 at 10:42 AM, Pappystein said:

So before I go to the effort of making and posting a MM patch that will add the B9PartSwitch Fuel swapping feature I want to make certain since I am not seeing an issue in my game.    You have NO fuel or you have no way to select DIFFERENT fuels?

I have just launched a Saturn ID with the Saturn I-F fuel tank with no issues. 

23 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Copy the below information into a new file named BlueDogDB_Temp_Bugfix.cfg and place it in your Gamedata folder (DO NOT PUT IT IN BlueDog_DB folder so it is easy to find later when the fix is no longer needed!)

If you have already modded the Tank types to include additional fuels (like AZ50/NTO) this SHOULD work with those, so long as you didn't alter the original BDB supplied B9PartSwitch compatibility CFGs with your own changes.    With the above code, all 12 types of Tanks I have in my game (because of the extra fuel combinations I created) showed up in the S-1F tankage

I am going to ASSUME that the final bug-fix by CobaltWolf and JSO will include some different configs for the Atlas Balloon tank structure to change fuel fraction etc (or maybe not it is just an assumption.)

Thanks Pappy! I will have to get with @Jso (btw Jso, can you text me? New phone and my SIM card didn't transfer contacts correctly) to see what has to be done for the balloon tank stuff on the Atlas adapter.

16 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

I have no fuel at all.

Possibly a dumb question, but you have CRP?

9 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Well then you DO have a mod either out of date, you have two cfgs with the part name: bluedog_Saturn_S1F_Tankage  or a mod is actually killing the part.   If you are using the BDB_Extras folder, MAKE CERTAIN it is current and up to date!  I have my own version of the BDB extra cfg files and that means I had to manually comment/delete out all the code for the S1F parts (tank, S-IVC parts as well.)   

We have seen a lot of issues because of the ORDER mods were installed... Some Mods were loading older versions of the dependency mods (eg B9PartSwitch, DMagicScienceAnimate etc...   Check THOSE mods and make certain you have the most up-to-date list of mods.

My Build only has BDB, MechJeb and some of the DMagic mods as I am testing out some new thrust curves and trying to develop my CFG and MM skills further ATM.  As I said, NO ISSUES with BDB 1.41 with any parts except the fuel switch (which my CFG took care of.)

A quick reiteration - the BDB_Extras folder is *not* meant to be simply dropped into your gamedata whole. Please make sure you are reading what is in it and only picking and choosing what you want/need.

6 hours ago, Daylight4449 said:

hey everyone! i have a quick question, is the "LEM hab" still a thing? or has it been scrapped.

Definitely still a thing, definitely still 'will get done eventually'. This past month has been particularly rough on me and I don't have much to show right now.

52 minutes ago, Kerbal01 said:

Tower is from NecroBones RSB, Satellite from raidernicks US Probes.

@CobaltWolf Think I violated warranty on these lifters :)

https://imgur.com/a/kcwOV

Oh dear.

57 minutes ago, Kerbal01 said:

Is that Single UA1205 an Inline or a Side attach SRM?    I tried that a few version ago with standard Titan II hardware and a single UA-1207 and ended up in the drink about.... 500 yards off the shoreline

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Kerbal01 quick question - when the solar panels are occluded, is at least one still receiving full sunlight at any given time? If so then the part is working correctly - at least 3 of the solar panel modules would be facing the wrong way.

Parts on the top were blocking the panels on the sides and the solar panels on the service module flat out don't work at all.
https://imgur.com/a/OqSlN

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

Is that Single UA1205 an Inline or a Side attach SRM?    I tried that a few version ago with standard Titan II hardware and a single UA-1207 and ended up in the drink about.... 500 yards off the shoreline

single UA1205 side attach.

Edited by Kerbal01

48 minutes ago, Kerbal01 said:

Parts on the top were blocking the panels on the sides and the solar panels on the service module flat out don't work at all.
https://imgur.com/a/OqSlN

Are you sure that's the most recent version? I could have sworn I fixed the service module. The core seems to be working correctly?

4 hours ago, Kerbal01 said:

Where did you get those stage readouts? 

@CobaltWolf, You should probably have a whole update dedicated to going through your hard drive and finishing everything that isn't finished before starting something new.

Edited by awsumindyman

21 minutes ago, awsumindyman said:

Where did you get those stage readouts? 

@CobaltWolf, You should probably have a whole update dedicated to going through your hard drive and finishing everything that isn't finished before starting something new.

We'd have to wait a whole 'nother year to get the next update :wink:

8 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

Yes, of course. I've used the one from BDB install (guess it's the latest version).

Also, I don't use anything from Extras.

Gotcha. Alright, sounds like it's probably just part of the issue we already knew about with the incorrect B9PS configs for the S1F tank... I should have several free evenings this week, I will try to get all these reported issues taken care of and get another hotfix out. :)

17 hours ago, awsumindyman said:

Better late than never 

:P Alright well, you've twisted my arm. Seeing as I'm finally free and don't have any commitments this evening, I'm going to try and get a bit of work done tonight on some parts that have been laying around my hard drive... I'll take care of the issues another night (plus me and Jso are still figuring out the best way to tackle some of these issues moving forward instead of just trying to slap a band aid on). Expect a development stream on my twitch channel starting some time between 6 and 7 PM Eastern. What will I be working on? Hmmm, I wonder...

14 hours ago, demibear said:

@CobaltWolf The Sarnus-SIVB-38IA Interstage. I should have looked that up before I opened my mouth. >.<

Hrmm, I'm not sure there's much I can do about that. It's worth noting that hitting the skirts was a big worry IRL. That's why you have the famous staging sequence between the S-IC and the S-II - the skirt isn't dropped until the S-II is stabilized and has sufficient TWR to pull away from the skirt sufficiently fast that they felt it safe and the skirt wouldn't float and hit the engines. Of course, if we were worried about that, I'd prefer incorrect / sloppy / unsafe staging to result in a RUD rather than something that looks glitchy...

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

:P Alright well, you've twisted my arm. Seeing as I'm finally free and don't have any commitments this evening, I'm going to try and get a bit of work done tonight on some parts that have been laying around my hard drive... I'll take care of the issues another night (plus me and Jso are still figuring out the best way to tackle some of these issues moving forward instead of just trying to slap a band aid on). Expect a development stream on my twitch channel starting some time between 6 and 7 PM Eastern. What will I be working on? Hmmm, I wonder...

Hrmm, I'm not sure there's much I can do about that. It's worth noting that hitting the skirts was a big worry IRL. That's why you have the famous staging sequence between the S-IC and the S-II - the skirt isn't dropped until the S-II is stabilized and has sufficient TWR to pull away from the skirt sufficiently fast that they felt it safe and the skirt wouldn't float and hit the engines. Of course, if we were worried about that, I'd prefer incorrect / sloppy / unsafe staging to result in a RUD rather than something that looks glitchy...

ARE YOU READY FOR A MIRACLE?

(READY AS I CAN BE!)

In all seriousness, thanks for all of the work you do, it is greatly appreciated!

Edited by awsumindyman

@CobaltWolf, I remember you said something about adding SOFI to the S-II, SIV-B, and SIV- C extension tanks for deep space missions, for example Ares from Voyage. You should definitely look into that.

Also, are boil-off rates effected by the temperature of the tank? Or are they fixed?

Edited by awsumindyman